THE BROWNS BOARD

Five-Year Concussion Totals... We're #1...

Tour2ma

5-yr Total Concussions - Team

39 Cleveland Browns
34 San Diego Chargers
31 Cincinnati Bengals
30 Indianapolis Colts
30 Jacksonville Jaguars

29 Kansas City Chiefs
29 Minnesota Vikings
28 New York Jets
27 Washington Redskins
26 San Francisco 49ers

26 Oakland Raiders
25 Denver Broncos
24 New York Giants
24 Los Angeles Rams
22 Baltimore Ravens

22 Houston Texans
21 Chicago Bears
21 Detroit Lions
21 Carolina Panthers
21 New England Patriots

21 Pittsburgh Steelers
20 Green Bay Packers
19 Dallas Cowboys
19 Philadelphia Eagles
19 Tennessee Titans

18 Buffalo Bills
18 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
18 New Orleans Saints
17 Seattle Seahawks
15 Arizona Cardinals

13 Atlanta Falcons
10 Miami Dolphins

https://sportfacts.org/report-nfl-concussions-per-team-over-the-past-five-seasons/

Patterns?

I got this from reddit... a poster there did totals by conference and division and noted:

Quick look at the numbers, and AFC teams have significantly more concussions (405) than do the NFC teams (332).

The NFC South and West seem to play a more concussion friendly style (rugby tackling?), as they have the least (South-70) and third least (West-82) in the last five years.

Yes, because they are all fucking dimwits and do not need brain power to do their fucking job. Lardasses. The least talented athletes in ALL of pro sports.

This is gonna piss you off more if that's possible... the Browns are also #1 in getting sacked...a whopping 66 times.

The Rams were a distant 2nd at 49.

This is unacceptable.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-quarterback-sacked-per-game/2016/

strolled thru last seasons gameday injury report & we had 3 concussions on injury report all season :o. Kessler Week 8 Jets & Week 12 NYG..Tank Carder Week 9 Cowboys..I will say the past couple seasons lead by Manhell was drunk listed with concussions..McCown helicopter at Jets a couple weeks.Beat to shit again Zona. Duke a few. Haden far to many..Some were WR's getting laid out by poor accuracy throws DeValve,Hawk,Gabe..Some QB's holding ball to long in McCown,Austin Davis..Oh yea, our OL disappeared when Mack left replaced by u know who..Kwan Williams & Whitner missed a few also

This is gonna piss you off more if that's possible... the Browns are also #1 in getting sacked...a whopping 66 times.

The Rams were a distant 2nd at 49.

This is unacceptable.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-quarterback-sacked-per-game/2016/

Well...in addition to improvement of the OL...which the Browns have done apparently with their FA pickups....it is also incumbent upon them to obtain a QB who sees the field quickly, processes what he sees quickly...and has a lightning quick release. I think I know a guy. The people we have had back there, McCown, RG, Kessler did not possess those abilities apparently. So while certainly some blame goes against last year's OL (and against the FO for letting Mack and Schwartz leave)... a lot of it was on our QBs.

And...maybe a bit on our receivers who could not get open....causing the QBs to have to hold the ball longer.

Well...in addition to improvement of the OL...which the Browns have done apparently with their FA pickups....it is also incumbent upon them to obtain a QB who sees the field quickly, processes what he sees quickly...and has a lightning quick release. I think I know a guy. The people we have had back there, McCown, RG, Kessler did not possess those abilities apparently. So while certainly some blame goes against last year's OL (and against the FO for letting Mack and Schwartz leave)... a lot of it was on our QBs.

And...maybe a bit on our receivers who could not get open....causing the QBs to have to hold the ball longer.

Almost exactly. But Mack and Schwartz wanted to leave and go somewhere else. That isn't the the Browns "letting them go".

I think in the past, it was also play-calling, and routes. Seems like most other teams that win have passes to flat out

on the run wr's and te's. In the past, the Browns have a wr run out, and stop and sit and wait for the ball to get there.

Meaning, the qb has to wait for the time to throw, getting nailed often, and wr's getting clobbered when the ball finally

does get there. A qb with a quick release, quick open wr's and te's on the move, fixed oline... that should get the Browns off

the "most concussions" top of the list.

Archived