THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns claim James Wright, WR off waivers from Bengals

darren15

Browns Claim WR James Wright Off Waivers From Bengals http://bit.ly/2npWLm

2nd on the Bengals last year in special teams tackles so expect him just to be used there ....only had just over 100 yards in receptions as a WR

Browns Claim WR James Wright Off Waivers From Bengals http://bit.ly/2npWLm

2nd on the Bengals last year in special teams tackles so expect him just to be used there ....only had just over 100 yards in receptions as a WR

7th rounder from 2014, Hue probably knows him well, probably a good practice player to have with an outside shot at a roster spot come September. Special teamer.

Zombo

Would love us to be in the mix for TJ McDonald and Trumaine Johnson ....

Johnson I understand would have to be a trade. He signed his deal with the Rams for like 16 plus million dollars.

It seems more and more like the Browns may load up in the draft on DBs....because most that are any good in FA are pretty much gone.

Sure. Like the running back we claimed from the bengals practise squad or something as soon as Hue was announced, everyone thought he was a diamond in the rough that Hue would turn into a superstar. I don't even remember his name, that's how well that went.

Kicker locked up. Punter locked up. Long Snapper locked up. Now a Special Teams player. A couple of OL, a WR and maybe a QB?

Still need to address defensive deficiencies. It can't all come from the draft. Some FA signings need to be made.

Now we just need a ST's coach worth a fuck...

Now we just need a ST's coach worth a fuck...

*** Suddenly over the PA system we hear ***

"Chris Tabor... please report to the town square for your semi-monthly beating...

Chris Tabor... please report to the town square for your semi-monthly beating...

That is all..."

Sure. Like the running back we claimed from the bengals practise squad or something as soon as Hue was announced, everyone thought he was a diamond in the rough that Hue would turn into a superstar. I don't even remember his name, that's how well that went.

Right......Now, Im not saying he is bad or anything.....just saying he's from Ohio State.....we play the Bungals twice a year......and he's been there 3 years(6 games for us)?.....and Ive still dont know who he is.......

So.....everyone can plan on him being our next great (safety)(CB)(Nickle back).....but Ima lay low until I see if he even makes the roster.....

Edit...looks like ive completely confused this WR with Tyvis Powell....which, in a weird way, cements my point above....carry on....

..and Ive still dont know who he is......

Was listening to NFL radio this morning & had to laugh when I hear. "Well the Browns sign a WR James Wright off Waivers. Who? While the steel queers sign a guy at WR Justin Hunter that at least we have heard of" :huh:

He's a league minimum guy. Costs us nothing if cut.

Little play as rookie in 2014. Seems to have missed 2015. Actually started two games in 2016.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WrigJa03.htm

Actually had a Draft profile on NFL.com. Good sized kid with some athleticism, but lack of agility. Apparently was a S/T wiz at least at LSU.

6'1 201 w/32-3/8" arms and 9-5/8" hands

Overview
2013: Played mostly special teams on team that featured Odell Beckham and Jarvis Landry at wide receiver. Posted 12 tackles with a forced fumble and two fumble recoveries. 2012: Played in 12 games and started in four. Finished year with 18 catches for 242 yards. Set a career high with five receptions for 75 yards against Washington. 2011: Played in all 14 games and started twice. Earned his first career start at Alabama and also started against Alabama in the BCS National Championship Game. 2010: Played in 12 games. High school: Was a four-star recruit as one of Louisiana's top receiving prospects.
Analysis
Strengths
Experienced in a pro-style offense. Versatile and has played multiple receiver positions. Experienced gunner and jammer. Very good pro day workout, registering a 4.46-second 40-yard time, 38 1/2-inch vertical jump and 10-foot-8 broad jump, highlighting his lower-body explosion. Solid special teams coverage contributor, affecting games as a senior.
Weaknesses
Never a full-time starter and was phased out of the receiving game as an upperclassmen. Marginal career receiving production (zero catches as a senior). Average 4.32-second 20-yard shuttle time.
Draft Projection
Priority free agent (but CIN took in the 7th round)
Bottom Line
Overshadowed in a deep receiving rotation, Wright embraced a role on special teams and altered a 21-14 Outback Bowl victory with two game-changing special teams plays. Could earn a roster spot as a standout special teams performer and be developed as a fifth receiver.Ticket will come on special teams.

Was listening to NFL radio this morning & had to laugh when I hear. "Well the Browns sign a WR James Wright off Waivers. Who? While the steel queers sign a guy at WR Justin Hunter that at least we have heard of" :huh:

Justin Hunter? Who has heard of him? Not I.

Justin Hunter? Who has heard of him? Not I.

Pretty high pick by Titans a few years ago... Day 2 IIRC. Was part of the TN team Hoyer led the frantic comeback against.

Archived