THE BROWNS BOARD

Why not Tony Romo?

P-Kibs

https://www.google.com/amp/www.inquisitr.com/4061748/tony-romo-rumors-cleveland-browns-trade-possible-by-paying-romos-contract/amp/

Sure he may be the most heckled qb in the league. But why not him and a rookie at #12. Thoughts???

Mostly because the dude is brittle as glass: http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4753377/a-look-at-tony-romos-injury-history

Romo has only started full years in only 4 of his 9 seasons played. The man simply cannot stay healthy long enough to make any meaningful contribution. Hate to say it, but at this point, the highlight of his career was dating Jessica Simpson.

Also totally not a fit for where the Browns are in the building process...

Yep, it would be like adding the antenna to a skyscraper that's still in the underground parking phase.

IDK, he has always been better than the average qb, and a great fantasy qb. This would also give a rookie time to learn. But i do agree he has been beat up. His post season record has been terrible, however I'd love to see what one of those looks like LOL.

IDK, he has always been better than the average qb, and a great fantasy qb. This would also give a rookie time to learn. But i do agree he has been beat up. His post season record has been terrible, however I'd love to see what one of those looks like LOL.

This isn't Fantasy Football. As others have already said- he's more injury prone than R Glass III. We're building for the future, not a one year stopgap. He's going to wind up in Houston or Denver anyway.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.inquisitr.com/4061748/tony-romo-rumors-cleveland-browns-trade-possible-by-paying-romos-contract/amp/

Sure he may be the most heckled qb in the league. But why not him and a rookie at #12. Thoughts???

Well Mrs. Romo would be receiving some sort of widow's pension from the Browns after her husband dies in game 1.

Yep.....lots of reasons 4 "why not Romo"....

- overpaid..... Not a problem we have plenty of cap space

- injury prone That fits in perfectly with our QB play over the last few years

- terrible post season record No reason to be concerned about that in Cleveland

Probably break his back or collar bone by half time of game #1.... I would go with concussion

I think we should give this guy a shot if we can get a good deal for him. Everyone has good points about what they don't like about him but he sure seems better than what we have got right now. I also think our young qb's would be better served having to compete with a veteran in training camp.

"Why not Romo?"

Because he wouldn't play for us. Could I be wrong? Sure...but why would a QB, who has struggled with injury, who doesn't have much time left....want to play for the worst team in the league?

Outdoor stadium and Ohio cold weather? 11 games are guaranteed outside a dome. I just do not see it.

Dome team or a place like Denver seems more likely, but stranger things have happened.

That old man won't have the O2 levels to deal with Denver's altitude, plus it's cold as hell from late Oct on.

Outdoor stadium and Ohio cold weather? 11 games are guaranteed outside a dome. I just do not see it.

Dome team or a place like Denver seems more likely, but stranger things have happened.

Maybe the cold Lake Erie breezes will do his beat up old body some good. :lol:

Seriously though he's a good QB with too many injuries in all the wrong places.

But then again maybe that fits the recent BROWNS QB M.O. :huh:

"Why not " Tony Romo?.. Because he when you least need him too, he chokes in the big games and turns the ball over... I dont want him anywhere near berea.. he chokes...

For the same reason that we don't go for Joe Montana, Brett Favre, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning etc.

Because his career is over, just like theirs.

He would break in the preseason. Romo needs a dome to play in. He would also not consider a 1-15 team as a freeagent. He could get traded here, but at what cost? Maybe a 5th rounder. We need a QB to grow with the teanew. Not one that is 40 when we begin to peak.

Because, to answer your question, as they say in East Ohio, he's worshed up.

WSS

True that even Worshington didn't want him!!!!!

My highest score yet which appeals to the geek inside me

Your score is: 15175 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:

Round 1 Pick 9 (CINN): Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford (A+)

Round 1 Pick 12: Jamal Adams, SS, LSU (A)

Round 2 Pick 1: Malik McDowell, DT/DE, Michigan State (B+)

Round 2 Pick 6 (LAC): David Njoku, TE, Miami (Fla.) (A-)

Round 2 Pick 9 (CINN): Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford (A)

Round 2 Pick 20: Adoree' Jackson, CB, Southern California (A-)

Round 3 Pick 1: Budda Baker, FS, Washington (A+)

Round 4 Pick 1: Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia (A+)

Round 5 Pick 1: ArDarius Stewart, WR, Alabama (A+)

Round 5 Pick 31: Jerod Evans, QB, Virginia Tech (A-)

Round 5 Pick 37 (COMP): Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M (B-)

Round 6 Pick 1: DeAngelo Brown, DT, Louisville (C+)

Round 6 Pick 4: Marquez White, CB, Florida State (C+)

Your Future Picks:

2018 Round 1 Pick

2018 Round 1 Pick (LAC)

2019 Round 1 Pick

Why is this in a Tony Romo thread?

For the same reason that we don't go for Joe Montana, Brett Favre, Terry Bradshaw, Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning etc.

Because his career is over, just like theirs.

Yes, it is over. Not sure the news has reached him yet.

Archived