THE BROWNS BOARD

It's not over yet

We need Tom Tupa

Well, the Presidential election is, but there are other votes with important consequences today.

In CA, prop 8 looks to ban gay marriage after a summer of love. Heck and Shep might have better info than me, but it looks like a toss-up from here. Ties have gone to the anti crowd in the past, and I would expect that to remain the case, but alot has changed in the last 4-8 years. Also, like most close races, turnout could be a big factor here.

The Dems are looking for a 60 seat super majority in the Senate, but it's an uphill climb at this point. They appear to have about 56 seats locked up, with 1 more leaning heavily in their favor. To get to 60, Hagan needs to beat Dole in NC (Hagan up single digits right now. I would be mildly surprised if the Senate race went to a different party than the electoral votes.), Martin needs to beat Chambliss in GA (Chambliss up 4-5%), Merkley needs to beat Smith in Oregon (looks like a 5 point lead for Merkley, down a couple points from a week or 2 ago), and Al Franken needs to beat Coleman in MN (where Coleman leads by 3 or 4). If everything really looks like I just described it, I would expect the Dems to come away with 58 votes (including Lieberman). If they are looking for 60, Franken will probably be the deciding race. Possible spoilers include Mitch McConnell losing his GOP seat in KY and Sununu holding on to his seat for the GOP in NH.

Plenty to watch if you're interested. If you arent, then go out and pick up your copy on Kung Fu Panda, just released on DVD and Blu-ray.

Well, the Presidential election is, but there are other votes with important consequences today.

In CA, prop 8 looks to ban gay marriage after a summer of love. Heck and Shep might have better info than me, but it looks like a toss-up from here. Ties have gone to the anti crowd in the past, and I would expect that to remain the case, but alot has changed in the last 4-8 years. Also, like most close races, turnout could be a big factor here.

The Dems are looking for a 60 seat super majority in the Senate, but it's an uphill climb at this point. They appear to have about 56 seats locked up, with 1 more leaning heavily in their favor. To get to 60, Hagan needs to beat Dole in NC (Hagan up single digits right now. I would be mildly surprised if the Senate race went to a different party than the electoral votes.), Martin needs to beat Chambliss in GA (Chambliss up 4-5%), Merkley needs to beat Smith in Oregon (looks like a 5 point lead for Merkley, down a couple points from a week or 2 ago), and Al Franken needs to beat Coleman in MN (where Coleman leads by 3 or 4). If everything really looks like I just described it, I would expect the Dems to come away with 58 votes (including Lieberman). If they are looking for 60, Franken will probably be the deciding race. Possible spoilers include Mitch McConnell losing his GOP seat in KY and Sununu holding on to his seat for the GOP in NH.

Plenty to watch if you're interested. If you arent, then go out and pick up your copy on Kung Fu Panda, just released on DVD and Blu-ray.

You had me worried there for a minute Tupa.

Archived