THE BROWNS BOARD

Judge Gorsuch

Krauthammer: GOP Should Channel Clint Eastwood If Dems Filibuster Gorsuch

Charles Krauthammer warned Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) that if he chooses to break Senate custom and push a filibuster of Supreme Court Nominee Judge Neil Gorsuch, Republicans should channel Clint Eastwood.

"If Schumer wants to trigger the nuclear option, I would quote Clint Eastwood with those immortal words: 'Make My Day', because it would be a disaster for the Democrats."

Traditionally, the Senate does not filibuster Supreme Court nominees, but confirms them with a 60-vote threshold.

Krauthammer said that once McConnell approves the nuclear option, it is likely that Trump's next court nominee would be farther to the political right than Gorsuch.

Democrats would not be able to stop that nominee, pending the 2018 election turnout and whether the next vacancy occurs before or after that time.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/03/28/charles-krauthammer-clint-eastwood-make-my-day-republicans-confirm-gorsuch-without

So the filibuster is underway. Personally I let them go for at least a couple weeks straight and cherry-pick the stupid remarks for broadcast. Then go nuclear.

And again I thought Garland probably should have gotten a hearing. But I don't see any reason whatsoever to block Gorsuch except for spite.

It could really backfire on the Democrats if we can replace two more because of their obstructionism.

WSS

So the filibuster is underway. Personally I let them go for at least a couple weeks straight and cherry-pick the stupid remarks for broadcast. Then going nuclear.

And again I thought Garland probably should have gotten a hearing. But I don't see any reason whatsoever to block Gorsuch except for spite.

It could really backfire on the Democrats if we can replace two more because of their obstructionism.

WSS

Several top Republicans said he would be confirmed by the end of the week

Several top Republicans said he would be confirmed by the end of the week

Oh probably but I don't think you're going to get eight Democrats to sign on. They are actually deranged these days. Worse than the Republicans ever worry about Obama.

It's possible they will understand that letting him through would be in their best interest but who knows?

WSS

It's a mental disorder, liberalism is. They demand cooperation when they don't own Congress, but when they do,

they arrogantly and belligerently refused any cooperation.

It's a civil war by the left.

WSS

Hard to believe, but maybe, just maybe this political behavior may wake America up and we'll all be better off for it (whether you're a R, D, or I).

I'm sure it will be an issue in the mid-terms (2018), but then again, Americans may fall asleep from apathy.

obamao got his two suprem courts with republican help. They were technically qualified, so they voted them in.

now, the shoe is on the other foot, and naturally, the dems want to stick their heads up their rears and change things.

And, obamao had no business trying to coerce Congress to give him a third justice toward the end of his eight years.

A lameduck appt to the supreme court isn't what American voted for to give Trump the presidency.

As far as the "nuclear option", DO IT. The dems changed the rules to 60 votes when they had the chance, for THEIR

advantage, in 03. The gullible reps aren't so gullible now. The dems will throw out any rule as soon as they get the

advantage...the corrupt mafia-type4 asswholes.

Archived