THE BROWNS BOARD

Mock Draft Central... The Pro's

Tour2ma

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... who wins if he's the "51" in a 51/49 split. And the answer is NO ONE.

That guy does not exist... thus he cannot be named.

Shashi said....today(on video)....that he and only 3 others already know who we are picking.....so 4 people.....and I know at least 2 of them are Dee and Jimmah......that leaves 2.....and one is Shashi.....so 1 more.....

Shashis words...."the club settled on its choice two weeks ago, and only three or four people in the world know who it will be....

Also....Mike Silver just reported that Hue doesnt even know yet.....soooooooo, less Dee, Jimmy and Shashi.....who's the other....Depo...?

How I wish there was a football guy or football talent evaluator in this apparent consensus group of 4.....

Isnt it strange for a group that relies on "consensus" to know something for 2 weeks, without the rest of the key players in the group not knowing?.....2 weeks?.....and Hue or Berry dont know?....consensus my eye..

Shashi said....today(on video)....that he and only 3 others already know who we are picking.....so 4 people.....and I know at least 2 of them are Dee and Jimmah......that leaves 2.....and one is Shashi.....so 1 more.....

Shashis words...."the club settled on its choice two weeks ago, and only three or four people in the world know who it will be....

Also....Mike Silver just reported that Hue doesnt even know yet.....soooooooo, less Dee, Jimmy and Shashi.....who's the other....Depo...?

How I wish there was a football guy or football talent evaluator in this apparent consensus group of 4.....

Isnt it strange for a group that relies on "consensus" to know something for 2 weeks, without the rest of the key players in the group not knowing?.....2 weeks?.....and Hue or Berry dont know?....consensus my eye..

If I hold a secret ballot of 50 people. All 50 people vote for the same guy. Then I tell 3 other people who they voted for but that's it. That's what we have here.

The 50 (the people that have an input here) gave their input. That includes Hue. They may know who it is because everyone else voted for the same guy. But as long as Sashi (the vote counter) hasn't told them officially, then they don't technically know.

That's my best guess. Hope that helps.

If I hold a secret ballot of 50 people. All 50 people vote for the same guy. Then I tell 3 other people who they voted for but that's it. That's what we have here.

Yeah,,,,but thats a secret ballot, which is not how they do it......that would be a "majority".....not a "consensus"....(huge difference)

Read it however your old school of management mentality dictates, Mud. ;)

You know I love ya, but if in meeting with individual departments Sashi found there was unanimity around the #1 overall, then there was never a need for a group meeting... and thus never a need for all to "know" what the final decision is. Same is true if in individual session a Department head said, "We slightly prefer Trubs (or Adams or...), but would be happy with Garrett."

Look at this Board... with the exception of a couple who have dug in their heels for Trubs, even ardent Trub-lovers have said they can see MG at #1, but hope we do what's necessary to also land their QB. Point being that there probably has not been a more automatic, consensus #1 pick since Luck.

That said... I've no doubt that Hue and the other Dept. heads have participated in and therefore seen our final board. So more "know" without having been informed. And if I only "know", what easier way to be rid of the endless number of reporters calling me about what we are going to do than to be able to honestly say, "I don't know."

Well, we have had the "football guys" picking for us before: Dwight Clark, Butch, Heckert, Holmgren, Farmer, Lombardi, Savage.

They all didn't seem to know there asses from a hole in the ground when it came to talent evaluation.

You and I could have done as well just picking from Street and Smiths, or Kiper's list than the so called "football men" did.

So, I guess we need to give these guys a chance. Not great the first year, but we shall see.

I demand a recount...

Daryl RuiterVerified account @RuiterWrongFAN

To clarify 1 important note: Hue Jackson is not being kept in the dark about #Browns plans tonight. He is very much in the loop #NFLDraftNFL_Draft_Emoji.png

https://twitter.com/RuiterWrongFAN/status/857674534899646465

Archived