THE BROWNS BOARD

Local Knowledge Trivia

The Gipper

I know I have been off here a while, but you may recall that I am a High School classmate of Westside Steve and that I would pose a lot of trivia for you all to try. (Hardly none of which could Steve ever get) Here is some more to reintroduce myself. I call it a sweet 16 of Local Knowledge Trivia, for obvious reasons. It is some football, though not all. Give it a whirl:

1. Where does Jim Brown rank in the all time career yards per carry category?

2. Name the 4 people in NBA history that have racked up a Quadruple Double in an NBA game, and tell where they are from.

3. Where did the Cleaver family from Leave it to Beaver live?

4. What two factors do the following people have in common: George Sisler, Cliff Battles, Nate Thurmond, Ara Parseghian, Chrissie Hynde.

5. What do these numbers signify: 14, 32, 45, 46, 76

6. How many wins did Bob Feller have in his career?

7. Who scored the most points in history in an NCAA Division I tournament game (basketball)?

8. What do these cities in this combination and order signify:

Ashtabula/Berea

Elyria/Berea

Ashtabula/Youngstown

9. What is the common factor between the following people: Brian Robiskie, Paul Newman, the Van Sweringen brothers.

10. What is the common connection between the current Cleveland Cavaliers and the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons)?

11. What emblem do the Columbus BlueJackets incorporate on their jerseys.

12. Who is the University of Akron's basketball arena named for?

13. It is claimed that Marilyn Monroe contributed to the death of this former Akron U student: ____________

14. Name the Pro Football Hall of Famer that attended these local High Schools:

Stow:

GlenOak:

Warren Harding:

Crestwood:

Hudson:

Canton McKinley:

Massillon:

Alliance:

Benedictine:

St. Ignatius:

Kenmore:

Painesville Riverside:

15. Name the best and the worst products associated with the city of Orrville.

16. What high school did the person who made the longest play in Super Bowl history attend?

MOD NOTE: HIT REPLY AND PUT YOUR ANSWERS IN FOLLOWING THE QUESTION-----DO NOT READ ANY REPLIES OR CHEAT IT IS FUN

Well, I figure:

STOW - Larry Csonka (went to school with his sister Nancy - wanted to get this before Shep did GGG)

ORVILLE - Best - Bernie Kosar

Whoever passes this "test" has my admiration...

I don't have many answers. . .

1: #1

10: (Smarta$$ answer: They're making lots of people their B!tche$)

14: HOFer from Massillon: Paul Brown. . .

15: best and worst from Orrville: best = Smuckers Jam & Jelly & Toppings. Worst = Bobby Knight (Who was actually born in Massillon. . . ) I guess you could call him a "Best" if you don't think he's a jerk.

16: James Harrison attended Coventry High School in Akron.

I know I have been off here a while, but you may recall that I am a High School classmate of Westside Steve and that I would pose a lot of trivia for you all to try. (Hardly none of which could Steve ever get) Here is some more to reintroduce myself. I call it a sweet 16 of Local Knowledge Trivia, for obvious reasons. It is some football, though not all. Give it a whirl:

FIRST

RETIRED BROWNS JERSEY #S

The rest of them ... i would just be making wild guesses.

Good stuff.

Zombo

1. Where does Jim Brown rank in the all time career yards per carry category? first

2. Name the 4 people in NBA history that have racked up a Quadruple Double in an NBA game, and tell where they are from. Alvin Robertson from Barberton, DAvid Robinson from Navy, Hakeem Olajuwon from Nigeria, Jason Kidd??

3. Where did the Cleaver family from Leave it to Beaver live? Somewhere in Illinois??? Maybe Springfield

4. What two factors do the following people have in common: George Sisler, Cliff Battles, Nate Thurmond, Ara Parseghian, Chrissie Hynde. From Akron but don't know the rest

5. What do these numbers signify: 14, 32, 45, 46, 76 Retired Browns numbers

6. How many wins did Bob Feller have in his career? 254??

7. Who scored the most points in history in an NCAA Division I tournament game (basketball)? Austin Carr

Ashtabula/Berea Urban Meyer?

Elyria/Berea Jim Tressel

Ashtabula/Youngstown WTF, I'm from Ashtabula and don't know this.

9. What is the common factor between the following people: Brian Robiskie, Paul Newman, the Van Sweringen brothers. Chagrin Falls High School?

10. What is the common connection between the current Cleveland Cavaliers and the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons)? Stumped

11. What emblem do the Columbus BlueJackets incorporate on their jerseys. A Patriot???

12. Who is the University of Akron's basketball arena named for? Former Ohio Governor James A. Rhodes

13. It is claimed that Marilyn Monroe contributed to the death of this former Akron U student: No clue____________

Stow: Czonka

GlenOak:

Warren Harding:

Crestwood:

Hudson: Dante Lavelli

Canton McKinley: Marion Motley

Massillon: Paul Brown

Alliance: Len Dawson

Benedictine: Chuck Noll

St. Ignatius:

Kenmore:

Painesville Riverside: Don Shula but this should be Harvey

15. Name the best and the worst products associated with the city of Orrville. Smuckers Jelly and Justin Zwick/ Bob Knight

16. What high school did the person who made the longest play in Super Bowl history attend? Coventry in Akron

My answers are listed above. Great quiz man, lotta fun.

Don't take this if you're going to cheat and don't read my answers above.

Well, I figure:

STOW - Larry Csonka (went to school with his sister Nancy - wanted to get this before Shep did GGG)

ORVILLE - Best - Bernie Kosar

Whoever passes this "test" has my admiration...

Csonka is right for Stow. Kosar is neither in the PFHOF nor from Orrville. The Gipper

I don't have many answers. . .

1: #1

10: (Smarta$$ answer: They're making lots of people their B!tche$)

14: HOFer from Massillon: Paul Brown. . .

15: best and worst from Orrville: best = Smuckers Jam & Jelly & Toppings. Worst = Bobby Knight (Who was actually born in Massillon. . . ) I guess you could call him a "Best" if you don't think he's a jerk.

16: James Harrison attended Coventry High School in Akron.

Your answers are all correct, including possibly #10, though that is not what I am looking for. The Gipper

#2 = I know one is David Robinson, I was watching that game.

If anyone can get 10 of these without looking it up is ace in my books.

Robinson is right for that one. FYI, I produced every single one of these questions from memory without researching or looking up a single answer. The Gipper

FIRST

RETIRED BROWNS JERSEY #S

The rest of them ... i would just be making wild guesses.

Good stuff.

Zombo Your answers are correct. The Gipper

2. Nate Thurmond, Alvin Roberson, Hakeem Olajuwon, David Robinson

3. Mayfield

6. 266

7 Austin Carr

11. Star

12. Ohio govenor Jim Rhodes

13. Clark Gable?

14. Stow- Larry Csonka

Warren- Paul Warfield

Hudson- Dante Lavelli

Glen Oak- Dan Dierdorf

Kenmore- Cliff Battles

The answers you have given are correct except for #11. Plus you didn't say where the people listed in #2 are from. The Gipper

My answers are listed above. Great quiz man, lotta fun.

Don't take this if you're going to cheat and don't read my answers above.

Your answers to #1, 4, 5, 7, 12, 14, 15, 16 are all correct, including correcting me on Don Shula's High school. You are right on 3 out of 4 answers to #2. You are barking up the right tree but not quite correct on #8. You are wrong on #3, 6, 9, and 11. But good job nevertheless. Though I will say that on Canton McKinley, there is a second answer. Two HOFers went there including Motley. The Gipper

ANSWERS:

1. Where does Jim Brown rank in the all time career yards per carry category? FIRST, OF COURSE

2. Name the 4 people in NBA history that have racked up a Quadruple Double in an NBA game, and tell where they are from.

HAKEEM OLAJUWAN FROM LAGOS, NIGERIA; DAVID ROBINSON FROM SAN ANTONIO; NATE THURMOND FROM AKRON, OHIO AND ALVIN ROBERTSON FROM BARBERTON, OHIO. NOTE OF COURSE THAT TWO OF THE FOUR WERE FROM SUMMIT, COUNTY, OHIO. THE NEXT LIKELY CANDIDATE TO GET A QUADRUPLE DOUBLE IS ONE MR. LEBRON JAMES, ALSO FROM SUMMIT COUNTY, OHIO.

3. Where did the Cleaver family from Leave it to Beaver live? MAYFIELD, OHIO

4. What two factors do the following people have in common: George Sisler, Cliff Battles, Nate Thurmond, Ara Parseghian, Chrissie Hynde.

THEY ARE EACH FROM AKRON, OHIO AND EACH OF THEM ARE IN THE HALL OF FAME IN THEIR MILIEU: SISLER IN THE BASEBALL HALL OF FAME, BATTLES IN THE PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME, THURMOND IN THE BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME, PARSEGHIAN IN THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME, AND CHRISSIE HYNDE IN THE ROCK N' ROLL HALL OF FAME

BROWNS RETIRED NUMBERS FOR OTTO GRAHAM, JIM BROWN, ERNIE DAVIS, DON NEWCOMB AND LOU GROZA

6. How many wins did Bob Feller have in his career? 266

7. Who scored the most points in history in an NCAA Division I tournament game (basketball)?

AUSTIN CARR OF THE CAVS WHILE WITH NOTRE DAME

Ashtabula/Berea

Elyria/Berea

Ashtabula/Youngstown

THESE ARE THE HOMETOWNS OF THE OPPOSING HEAD COACHES IN THE LAST 3 BCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES:

ASHTABULA--URBAN MEYER VS. BEREA--JIM TRESSEL

ELYRIA--LES MILES VS. BEREA--JIM TRESSEL

ASHTABULA--URBAN MEYER VS. YOUNGSTOWN--BOB STOOPS

IN FACT, GOING BACK INTO THE HISTORY OF THE "BCS TITLE GAME" WHICH BEGAN IN 1998, OVER HALF OF ALL THE HEAD COACHES OF THE PARTICIPATING TEAMS WERE BORN AND RAISED IN NORTHEAST OHIO.

9. What is the common factor between the following people: Brian Robiskie, Paul Newman, the Van Sweringen brothers.

APPARENTLY NOTHING...AS I MADE A MISTAKE IN THIS QUESTION. I WAS UNDER THE MISINFORMED OPINION THAT BRIAN ROBISKIE ATTENDED SHAKER HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL. THAT IS NOT THE CASE. THE VAN SWERINGENS BUILT SHAKER HTS., PAUL NEWMAN IS FROM SHAKER HTS, BUT APPARENTLY ROBISKIE IS NOT. SORRY ABOUT THAT ONE.

10. What is the common connection between the current Cleveland Cavaliers and the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons)?

A GUY NAMED JOE SMITH. THE FOUNDER OF THE LDS/MORMONS WAS JOSEPH SMITH. THE CAVS HAVE AN EXCELLENT BENCH PLAYER NAMED JOE SMITH. ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

THE OHIO STATE FLAG. SOMEONE SAID "STARS" WHICH MAY ALSO BE ON THE UNIFORM, BUT THE OHIO FLAG IS THE PROMINENT EMBLEM

FORMER OHIO GOVERNOR JAMES A. RHODES ABOUT WHOM THE ONLY GOOD THING THAT CAN BE SAID IS THAT HE GAVE THAT ARENA A DECENT ACRONYM---THE JAR.

13. It is claimed that Marilyn Monroe contributed to the death of this former Akron U student: ____________

CLARK GABLE. MM STARRED WITH GABLE IN HIS LAST FILM, THE MISFITS. HER BEHAVIOR DURING THAT FILM WAS APPARENTLY SO ERRATIC AND BIZARRE THAT MANY FELT THAT THE STRESS OF DEALING WITH HER ATTRIBUTED TO GABLE HAVING HIS FATAL HEART ATTACK JUST AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE FILMING. GABLE I UNDERSTAND WAS A CONSUMMATE PROFESSIONAL AND MM'S ANTICS DIDN'T WASH. GABLE IS FROM CADIZ, OHIO AND ATTENDED AKRON U. FOR A WHILE, THOUGH I DO NOT BELIEVE HE ACTUALLY GOT A DEGREE THERE. HE LEFT AKRON TO GO TO CALIFORNIA TO MAKE MOVIES

Stow: LARRY CSONKA

GlenOak: DAN DIERFORF

Warren Harding: PAUL WARFIELD

Crestwood: JACK LAMBERT

Hudson: DANTE LAVELLI

Canton McKinley: MARION MOTLEY AND ALAN PAGE

Massillon: PAUL BROWN (BORN IN NORWALK, HIGH SCHOOL IN MASSILLON)

Alliance: LEN DAWSON

Benedictine: CHUCK NOLL

St. Ignatius: BENNIE FRIEDMAN

Kenmore: CLIFF BATTLES

Painesville Riverside: DON SHULA (THOUGH I UNDERSTAND IT IS HARVEY, NOT RIVERSIDE)

THERE WERE A COUPLE OF OTHER PFHOFERS FROM CLEVELAND INCLUDING BOB "BOOMER" BROWN, BUT I DID NOT KNOW THEIR HIGH SCHOOL.

SMUCKERS AND BOBBY KNIGHT? THOUGH I PERSONALLY LIKE BOBBY KNIGHT

16. What high school did the person who made the longest play in Super Bowl history attend?

COVENTRY HIGH SCHOOL...JAMES HARRISON VIA KENT STATE

I ALSO WANT TO NOTE THAT ESSENTIALLY, IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE NORTHEAST OHIOANS ASSOCIATED WITH THE MICHIGAN FOOTBALL PROGAM, THAT SCHOOL WOULD BE ON ABOUT A PAR SAY WITH....INDIANA. THEIR ALL TIME FAVORITE COACH, BO SCHEMBECHLER WAS FROM BARBERTON. THEIR HEISMAN TROPHY WINNERS WERE FROM NORTHERN OHIO...DESMOND HOWARD FROM CLEVELAND, CHARLES WOODSON FROM FREMONT. YEP, JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING GOOD ABOUT THAT TEAM COMES FROM THEIR RIVAL. AND I AM SURE I MISSED SOMEBODY.

MOD NOTE: HIT REPLY AND PUT YOUR ANSWERS IN FOLLOWING THE QUESTION-----DO NOT READ ANY REPLIES OR CHEAT IT IS FUN

ANSWERS:

1. Where does Jim Brown rank in the all time career yards per carry category? FIRST, OF COURSE

HAKEEM OLAJUWAN FROM LAGOS, NIGERIA; DAVID ROBINSON FROM SAN ANTONIO; NATE THURMOND FROM AKRON, OHIO AND ALVIN ROBERTSON FROM BARBERTON, OHIO. NOTE OF COURSE THAT TWO OF THE FOUR WERE FROM SUMMIT, COUNTY, OHIO. THE NEXT LIKELY CANDIDATE TO GET A QUADRUPLE DOUBLE IS ONE MR. LEBRON JAMES, ALSO FROM SUMMIT COUNTY, OHIO. I should have known the Nate Thurmond thing, I'm pretty sure he did it with blocks like Olajuwon and Robinson but Robertson did his with steals. I think Kidd came real close to a quad.

3. Where did the Cleaver family from Leave it to Beaver live? MAYFIELD, OHIO I did not freaking know that, pretty cool.

THEY ARE EACH FROM AKRON, OHIO AND EACH OF THEM ARE IN THE HALL OF FAME IN THEIR MILIEU: SISLER IN THE BASEBALL HALL OF FAME, BATTLES IN THE PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME, THURMOND IN THE BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME, PARSEGHIAN IN THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME, AND CHRISSIE HYNDE IN THE ROCK N' ROLL HALL OF FAME I had a feeling they were all in their respective Halls but couldn't pull the trigger. I didn't think Battles was in.

BROWNS RETIRED NUMBERS FOR OTTO GRAHAM, JIM BROWN, ERNIE DAVIS, DON NEWCOMB AND LOU GROZA DON FLEMING (1960-62) #46

6. How many wins did Bob Feller have in his career? 266 I knew it was anywhere from 245- 270. He would have easily had 300 if not for WWII.

AUSTIN CARR OF THE CAVS WHILE WITH NOTRE DAME

Ashtabula/Berea

Elyria/Berea

Ashtabula/Youngstown

THESE ARE THE HOMETOWNS OF THE OPPOSING HEAD COACHES IN THE LAST 3 BCS CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES:

IN FACT, GOING BACK INTO THE HISTORY OF THE "BCS TITLE GAME" WHICH BEGAN IN 1998, OVER HALF OF ALL THE HEAD COACHES OF THE PARTICIPATING TEAMS WERE BORN AND RAISED IN NORTHEAST OHIO. This one was cool as hell and had me totally stumped. I didn't correlate Miles and Elyria so the championship games didn't totally register. Meyer is from my hometown of Ashtabula and played at St. John's HS.

APPARENTLY NOTHING...AS I MADE A MISTAKE IN THIS QUESTION. I WAS UNDER THE MISINFORMED OPINION THAT BRIAN ROBISKIE ATTENDED SHAKER HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL. THAT IS NOT THE CASE. THE VAN SWERINGENS BUILT SHAKER HTS., PAUL NEWMAN IS FROM SHAKER HTS, BUT APPARENTLY ROBISKIE IS NOT. SORRY ABOUT THAT ONE. OK I knew Newman was from Shaker Heights and Robiskie from Chagrin Falls so that's why I was stumped. I took a stab that maybe Newman was born in Shaker and then went to Chagrin for a second.

A GUY NAMED JOE SMITH. THE FOUNDER OF THE LDS/MORMONS WAS JOSEPH SMITH. THE CAVS HAVE AN EXCELLENT BENCH PLAYER NAMED JOE SMITH. ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. That's all it was? Man, I beat my brain in on that one.

THE OHIO STATE FLAG. SOMEONE SAID "STARS" WHICH MAY ALSO BE ON THE UNIFORM, BUT THE OHIO FLAG IS THE PROMINENT EMBLEM Not much into hockey so and couldn't remember the BJ's symbol.

FORMER OHIO GOVERNOR JAMES A. RHODES ABOUT WHOM THE ONLY GOOD THING THAT CAN BE SAID IS THAT HE GAVE THAT ARENA A DECENT ACRONYM---THE JAR.

CLARK GABLE. MM STARRED WITH GABLE IN HIS LAST FILM, THE MISFITS. HER BEHAVIOR DURING THAT FILM WAS APPARENTLY SO ERRATIC AND BIZARRE THAT MANY FELT THAT THE STRESS OF DEALING WITH HER ATTRIBUTED TO GABLE HAVING HIS FATAL HEART ATTACK JUST AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE FILMING. GABLE I UNDERSTAND WAS A CONSUMMATE PROFESSIONAL AND MM'S ANTICS DIDN'T WASH. GABLE IS FROM CADIZ, OHIO AND ATTENDED AKRON U. FOR A WHILE, THOUGH I DO NOT BELIEVE HE ACTUALLY GOT A DEGREE THERE. HE LEFT AKRON TO GO TO CALIFORNIA TO MAKE MOVIES Did not know that Gable went to Akron u or MM may have contributed to his death.

GlenOak: DAN DIERFORF Should have known this.

Warren Harding: PAUL WARFIELD Definitely should have known this.

Crestwood: JACK LAMBERT Knew Kent, but not Crestwood. Now I know.

Canton McKinley: MARION MOTLEY AND ALAN PAGE Knew both of these but picked Motley. Page is now a judge.

St. Ignatius: BENNIE FRIEDMAN Had no clue. Would have thought Ignatius would have more.

Painesville Riverside: DON SHULA (THOUGH I UNDERSTAND IT IS HARVEY, NOT RIVERSIDE)

THERE WERE A COUPLE OF OTHER PFHOFERS FROM CLEVELAND INCLUDING BOB "BOOMER" BROWN, BUT I DID NOT KNOW THEIR HIGH SCHOOL.

I ALSO WANT TO NOTE THAT ESSENTIALLY, IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE NORTHEAST OHIOANS ASSOCIATED WITH THE MICHIGAN FOOTBALL PROGAM, THAT SCHOOL WOULD BE ON ABOUT A PAR SAY WITH....INDIANA. THEIR ALL TIME FAVORITE COACH, BO SCHEMBECHLER WAS FROM BARBERTON. THEIR HEISMAN TROPHY WINNERS WERE FROM NORTHERN OHIO...DESMOND HOWARD FROM CLEVELAND, CHARLES WOODSON FROM FREMONT. YEP, JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING GOOD ABOUT THAT TEAM COMES FROM THEIR RIVAL. AND I AM SURE I MISSED SOMEBODY. The list is endless of Ohio boys that filled out Michigan's roster and let's not forget Pittsburgh's too. Great quiz and I apologize more didn't partake. I guess it was too hard for them but a helluva lotta fun for me.

ANSWERS:

HAKEEM OLAJUWAN FROM LAGOS, NIGERIA; DAVID ROBINSON FROM SAN ANTONIO; NATE THURMOND FROM AKRON, OHIO AND ALVIN ROBERTSON FROM BARBERTON, OHIO. NOTE OF COURSE THAT TWO OF THE FOUR WERE FROM SUMMIT, COUNTY, OHIO. THE NEXT LIKELY CANDIDATE TO GET A QUADRUPLE DOUBLE IS ONE MR. LEBRON JAMES, ALSO FROM SUMMIT COUNTY, OHIO. I should have known the Nate Thurmond thing, I'm pretty sure he did it with blocks like Olajuwon and Robinson but Robertson did his with steals. I think Kidd came real close to a quad.

3. Where did the Cleaver family from Leave it to Beaver live? MAYFIELD, OHIO I did not freaking know that, pretty cool.

THEY ARE EACH FROM AKRON, OHIO AND EACH OF THEM ARE IN THE HALL OF FAME IN THEIR MILIEU: SISLER IN THE BASEBALL HALL OF FAME, BATTLES IN THE PRO FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME, THURMOND IN THE BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME, PARSEGHIAN IN THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME, AND CHRISSIE HYNDE IN THE ROCK N' ROLL HALL OF FAME I had a feeling they were all in their respective Halls but couldn't pull the trigger. I didn't think Battles was in.

BROWNS RETIRED NUMBERS FOR OTTO GRAHAM, JIM BROWN, ERNIE DAVIS, DON NEWCOMB AND LOU GROZA DON FLEMING (1960-62) #46

[/color]OK, right Fleming,not Newcomb...not sure why I mistyped that.

Ashtabula/Berea

Elyria/Berea

Ashtabula/Youngstown

IN FACT, GOING BACK INTO THE HISTORY OF THE "BCS TITLE GAME" WHICH BEGAN IN 1998, OVER HALF OF ALL THE HEAD COACHES OF THE PARTICIPATING TEAMS WERE BORN AND RAISED IN NORTHEAST OHIO. This one was cool as hell and had me totally stumped. I didn't correlate Miles and Elyria so the championship games didn't totally register. Meyer is from my hometown of Ashtabula and played at St. John's HS.

A GUY NAMED JOE SMITH. THE FOUNDER OF THE LDS/MORMONS WAS JOSEPH SMITH. THE CAVS HAVE AN EXCELLENT BENCH PLAYER NAMED JOE SMITH. ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. That's all it was? Man, I beat my brain in on that one.

Yep, that was it. Joe Smith. What? You were thinking the Cavs had a guy name Brigham Young on their roster?

THE OHIO STATE FLAG. SOMEONE SAID "STARS" WHICH MAY ALSO BE ON THE UNIFORM, BUT THE OHIO FLAG IS THE PROMINENT EMBLEM Not much into hockey so and couldn't remember the BJ's symbol.

CLARK GABLE. MM STARRED WITH GABLE IN HIS LAST FILM, THE MISFITS. HER BEHAVIOR DURING THAT FILM WAS APPARENTLY SO ERRATIC AND BIZARRE THAT MANY FELT THAT THE STRESS OF DEALING WITH HER ATTRIBUTED TO GABLE HAVING HIS FATAL HEART ATTACK JUST AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE FILMING. GABLE I UNDERSTAND WAS A CONSUMMATE PROFESSIONAL AND MM'S ANTICS DIDN'T WASH. GABLE IS FROM CADIZ, OHIO AND ATTENDED AKRON U. FOR A WHILE, THOUGH I DO NOT BELIEVE HE ACTUALLY GOT A DEGREE THERE. HE LEFT AKRON TO GO TO CALIFORNIA TO MAKE MOVIES Did not know that Gable went to Akron u or MM may have contributed to his death.

GlenOak: DAN DIERFORF Should have known this.

Warren Harding: PAUL WARFIELD Definitely should have known this.

Crestwood: JACK LAMBERT Knew Kent, but not Crestwood. Now I know.

Canton McKinley: MARION MOTLEY AND ALAN PAGE Knew both of these but picked Motley. Page is now a judge.

St. Ignatius: BENNIE FRIEDMAN Had no clue. Would have thought Ignatius would have more.

I ALSO WANT TO NOTE THAT ESSENTIALLY, IF IT WERE NOT FOR THE NORTHEAST OHIOANS ASSOCIATED WITH THE MICHIGAN FOOTBALL PROGAM, THAT SCHOOL WOULD BE ON ABOUT A PAR SAY WITH....INDIANA. THEIR ALL TIME FAVORITE COACH, BO SCHEMBECHLER WAS FROM BARBERTON. THEIR HEISMAN TROPHY WINNERS WERE FROM NORTHERN OHIO...DESMOND HOWARD FROM CLEVELAND, CHARLES WOODSON FROM FREMONT. YEP, JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING GOOD ABOUT THAT TEAM COMES FROM THEIR RIVAL. AND I AM SURE I MISSED SOMEBODY. The list is endless of Ohio boys that filled out Michigan's roster and let's not forget Pittsburgh's too. Great quiz and I apologize more didn't partake. I guess it was too hard for them but a helluva lotta fun for me.

[b]Lots of people don't do trivia because they either don't want to think that hard or just don't know their stuff and don't want to feel dumb. Hell, I got some stuff wrong and I made up the quiz. (but that is because I was challenged to come up with a substantial trivia game where I did not look up any answers....thus, a couple of mistakes.[/b]

I love sports trivia and have forgotten more than I now know. When I was younger I was a nut about stuff. I'm better with the older stuff than the newer stuff now. I agree what makes trivia fun, whether you're making the questions or answering them, is to do it as you go. I could have maybe done a little better if I would have thought about it some more, especially the high schools and I knew Nate Thurmond too, just couldn't get Jason Kidd out of my head.

The reason I know the quad guys is mainly from Alvin Robertson being a part of the club from Barbertucky, but old school NBA trivia I dig a lot. I asked a buddy of mine who is a fellow diehard Cavs and NBA/Trivia fan and he sucked at this. We both admitted that we could have thought about the Joe Smith thing for a year without getting it. I think I solved your other quiz, I know my old baseball stuff pretty well.

Number 1 was a "slam dunk" & I knew a number of the HOFers high schools, but number 8 was an absolute KILLER! How did you ever come up with that?

BTW, Alan Page went to Canton Central Catholic, not Canton McKinley....just an fyi

Mike

Number 1 was a "slam dunk" & I knew a number of the HOFers high schools, but number 8 was an absolute KILLER! How did you ever come up with that?

BTW, Alan Page went to Canton Central Catholic, not Canton McKinley....just an fyi

Mike

HMM, OKay....see what I mean. I guess I was not as good at making this stuff up as I go as I thought I was. That is at least 3 mistakes I made. I will be sure to check for accuracy with my next set of questions.

Archived