THE BROWNS BOARD

Boomers Going Bust

Mr. T

Boomers Going Bust

I have ran across this article, while browsing.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...id=opinionsbox1

A large amount of those who have retired or are getting closer to the retirement age are falling short of what they will need. Many have placed their retirement in the hands of their employers or unions, with the crash of the housing bubble and with the increase in the costs of energy, medical etc. it isn't looking to good. Just today I had a retired couple who are not to sure of what the future holds for themselves as they stated that they had lost everything and all that is left is their SS.

This dosn't look to be getting any better in the near future, as many will try and find jobs there are many millions of others doing the same.

You have a heart of gold.

I wouldnt call it a heart of gold but I am very compassionate to my neighbors to the point that I purchased a seven hundred dollar snow thrower and do all of their driveways before my own and we are friendly enough to do the cup of sugar or a few eggs thing that good neighbors do.

I can tell you came from agood family, its always encouraging to see others helping those who cannot help themselves. There are many things that we can do to help seniors, many are almost in a panic state due to their losses from their retirement income. I plan on helping a couple of seniors from our garden that we planted, it is doing very well, I am hoping to take advantage of the longer growing season that we have her in NC.

It sure is hot today, gotta go do some work outside.

Awwww this warms my heart.

Glad to see you guys find some common ground in this thread.

We have to remember that even though we have different political ideas for the most part people are good at heart, and want what's best for our fellow man even though we disagree on how to go about getting that accomplished.

We should all keep that in mind before we post, it might possibly cut down on some flame wars that we have around here.

Inspecta your the biggest Flammer in here! I pulled this pic of inspecta off his wall.

da-big-nacho.jpg

Ha Ha! Not to many know that Inspecta is really a Pro Wrestler, he likes picking on midgets!

Archived