THE BROWNS BOARD

Nascar Forum?

NASCAR FORUM?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. All in favor of a Racing forum vote YES those not vote NO

• Yes
    • NO

I was wandering if it would be possible to start a Nascar forum here. The seasons 10 months long, they have practice, qualifying, and a race for the Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series every week, minus 2-3 weeks throughout the year for each series. So there would be plenty to talk about for Nascar fans. Would anyone else be interested in this? and is it possible to do?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pardon me while I puke...

Nahhhh go ahead and have a blast. Just personally NASCAR has all the excitement of watching paint dry. The most entertaining portion of any race is when people screw up and cars flip about 50 times.

Watching cars crash is half the excitement, Just like hockey when they fight.

I used to think NASCAR was boring to but after sitting through a couple races with my dad on television then going to a few you start to develope a favorite driver. Once you no who you want to root for then you come back the next week and hope he wins, then the next week, and next and next, until you fall in love and its must see tv. Thats how it happened for me anyway. You gotta give it a chance to grow on ya.

Back when I lived in Ohio, I had friends who liked NASCAR and the excitement would (slightly) rub off on me and I could sit through races with them. I can't watch it on my own, though. I pretty much hate all things hillbilly.

Out here in AZ, I have friends who like Formula 1, and I like F1 much better. There's something more alluring about cars that actually CAN turn to the right...

-Al

Back when I lived in Ohio, I had friends who liked NASCAR and the excitement would (slightly) rub off on me and I could sit through races with them. I can't watch it on my own, though. I pretty much hate all things hillbilly.

Out here in AZ, I have friends who like Formula 1, and I like F1 much better. There's something more alluring about cars that actually CAN turn to the right...

-Al

LOL why is NASCAR a hillbilly sport but Formula 1 isn't

NASCAR is dominated by hillbillies. F1 is an international sport. F1 doesn't have a single driver that is from the USA.

It's not so much that the sport is a hillbilly sport, but it's dominated by hillbillies.

-Al

Crazy thought!

How bout putting the HILLBILLYS & the FOREIGNERS in the same forum....I don't know, call it "CAR RACING"?

I know, then there is Monster Trucks, Motor Cycles & Midgets (I mean little vehicles).

OK...call it "VEHICLE RACING"?

I still lean toward "CAR RACING" as a forum title myself :ph34r:

NASCAR is dominated by hillbillies. F1 is an international sport. F1 doesn't have a single driver that is from the USA.

It's not so much that the sport is a hillbilly sport, but it's dominated by hillbillies.

-Al

Nascar is an international sport as well.

You must buy foreign cars to. J/J I'll support my country

You must buy foreign cars to. J/J I'll support my country

Nah, I drive a Ford.

My first car in 1987 was a 1984 Volkswagen Scirocco. That's the only foreign car I have ever owned. It also happens to be the favorite car that I've ever had. Too bad Volkswagen turned into such shit lately. The A4/A5 platform VWs are complete shitboxes.

-Al

Nah, I drive a Ford.

My first car in 1987 was a 1984 Volkswagen Scirocco. That's the only foreign car I have ever owned. It also happens to be the favorite car that I've ever had. Too bad Volkswagen turned into such shit lately. The A4/A5 platform VWs are complete shitboxes.

-Al

Right on, I was just messing with ya. I've owned foreign cars as well.

So like DanInFlorida said will call it "Car Racing" either way NASCAR is the 2nd most popular sport in the United States.

We have a horse racing thread for crying out loud, would it hurt to have a "Car Racing" thread

NASCAR is dominated by hillbillies.

-Al

Nah, NASCAR is dominated by corporate America. A fair number of its fans may be in need of serious dental work, but the sport is way corporate. Three of the companies I work for sponsor cars and the advertising break-down (demographics, television time, annual income of viewers) clearly shows that the sport is hardly dominated by folks you'd expect to find in a trailer park.

I doubt I'd contribute to a forum but I get its appeal.

Beanpot

-Al

LOL, I think its time to come out of the closet....

F-1 racing is not even on the radar of motorsports. Those cars are so tempermental, one pass across the grass or infield they disintergrate, POOF, gone.

Yeah i'm a hillbilly and i'm willing to bet there are more NFL fans that watch NASCAR than F-1 you

F-1Homo :rolleyes:

I was wandering if it would be possible to start a Nascar forum here. The seasons 10 months long, they have practice, qualifying, and a race for the Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series every week, minus 2-3 weeks throughout the year for each series. So there would be plenty to talk about for Nascar fans. Would anyone else be interested in this? and is it possible to do?

I would love this!

NASCAR is dominated by hillbillies.

Really? Dominated by Hillbillies huh? Is using the term 'hillbillies' suppose to have a negative connotation to it?

Well, Here is a list of many of those hillbilly drivers that are dominating the sport right now.

Jeff Gordon California

Jimmie Johnson California

Greg Biffle Washington

Kyle Busch Navada

Kurt Busch Navada

Tony Stewart Indiana

Ryan Newman Indiana

Ellot Sadler Virgina

Joey Lagano Conneticut

David Reutiman Florida

Dennt Hamlin Virginia

Carl Edwards Missouri

Matt Kenseth Wisconsin

Kevin Harvick California

Jamie McMurray Missouri

Kasey Kahne Washington

Martin Truex Jr. New Jersey

Clint Bowyer Kansas

Your statement was really ignorant. I mean, REALLY ignorant.

Your statement was really ignorant. I mean, REALLY ignorant.

It used to be dominated by "hillbillies" but is now universally loved.

Just not by me.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

No, it isn't. There's no Croatian drivers...no Afghani drivers, neither. In fact there's alot more countries that are not represented in F1 then those that are, but only because someone from the USA is not involved means that it's not international? There's a HUUUUGE world out there. It's called the Earth.

...and you called my statement ignorant...

...and that long list of hillbillies you posted. Hillbillies every single one of them. The Canadian border is the new Mason Dixon Line.

-Al

LOL, I think its time to come out of the closet....

F-1 racing is not even on the radar of motorsports. Those cars are so tempermental, one pass across the grass or infield they disintergrate, POOF, gone.

Yeah i'm a hillbilly and i'm willing to bet there are more NFL fans that watch NASCAR than F-1 you

F-1Homo :rolleyes:

Ah come on, man. Not on the radar? Not on the radar in the USA, just like NASCAR isn't on the radar in the rest of the world. That's like saying Soccer isn't on the radar. As i mentioned in my previous post, there's more to this world than just the USA.

...and of course there are more NFL fans that watch NASCAR, they are based in the USA and have very little following outside of the USA. Americans love their Americana, and so do I, since I, indeed, have been born and raised in the good old US of A.

I LOVE humanity...it's people that I can't stand...especially hillbillies!

-Al, aka the F1 Homo AND the Soccer Homo.

Why can't we have a recipe forum? The ladies on the forum would enjoy it, too.

We could all post requests for tailgating recipes...

why, I'm trying out a new cornbread recipe as we speak !

(I didn't get to it earlier, we were at a big picnic with friends most of the day,

and after that, I fell asleep watching NASCAR)...

How many different racing forums would be needed to keep peace among the masses.

Would this be a good time to post some redneck pics?

That's how it would end up.

In just the short length of this thread we've already seen opinions and interests and tolerance levels vary a great deal.

I've also fallen asleep watching NASCAR but I love watching open wheel racing. Both IRL and F1.

Bottom line is: Who really wants to discuss racing? Enough to justify a forum?

How many different racing forums would be needed to keep peace among the masses.

Would this be a good time to post some redneck pics?

That's how it would end up.

In just the short length of this thread we've already seen opinions and interests and tolerance levels vary a great deal.

I've also fallen asleep watching NASCAR but I love watching open wheel racing. Both IRL and F1.

Bottom line is: Who really wants to discuss racing? Enough to justify a forum?

I would discuss it and think it would get far greater traffic than horse racing.

I haven't seen people posting pictures of Mr Ed or Francis, or pictures of the Oz munchkins in there, so I wouldn't expect to see people who aren't interested posting stuff in a racing forum.

Archived