THE BROWNS BOARD

Peter King ranks the league

Browns are ranked #32 out of 32. Peter King is an idiot.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...ay11/index.html

Hey, thank me, all you Brownaholics. Two years ago in a column like this one, I wrote that Cleveland was the worst team in the league. The Browns went 10-6. This year I'm saying they're the worst team again -- and I can guarantee you they're not going 10-6, unless Brady Quinn morphs into Tom Brady. Too many holes, too tough a division; write them down for 0-4 against the Steelers and Ravens.

What kind of drugs is he smoking? He has Detroit finishing 4-12 and ranked above the Browns? What has Detroit done to vastly improve from their unprecedented 0-16 season? They drafted a rookie, underclassman QB. Last I checked, there is a history of such picks being major busts. I won't go down the list...we all know them and have talked about them countless times. Where does King see the major differences? I don't see it. Have they improved? Yes...just the front office changes make them an improved team. But, on the field, the Detroit Lions are in need of some major help! The Browns, though not Super Bowl bound this year, have improved every area of need thus far. Are there still holes or questions? Duh...Of course there are! But, this is a team that highly underacheived last year offensively, causing the defense to have to play extremely tired as they were ALWAYS on the field! With the offensive improvements on the line and WR's and even with Davis in the backfield, they should be able to keep the defense rested a little more and be able to put the ball in the end-zone at least once or twice a game...or seven games...or ten games....

I am definitely not trying to say the Browns are a playoff team or a contender, but they are still way better than several teams, including Detroit, that are ranked above them.

Guest Aloysius

Half of our games this year are against teams ranked 20th or lower in King's rankings, including five games against teams that are within five spots of dead last.

Not sure how that jives with us winning four or less games.

Half of our games this year are against teams ranked 20th or lower in King's rankings, including five games against teams that are within five spots of dead last.

Not sure how that jives with us winning four or less games.

He must think we are really awful. I can't imagine the Browns being viewed that poorly by the national media, unless we are really, really sheltered here.

I hate to start thinking about next years draft this early.

Does PK have an axe to grind w/Cle?

YES....YES....YES....YES!!!!!!!!!

I love it, this article couldn't make me happier.

Whenever we are being touted as the next great thing, we shit the bed. Whenever everybody has us already dead and in the grave we come out swinging and knocking muthaf*ckas out.

I'm very happy the national media is taking this approach with us...

Yes indeed. The best way to bomb a target is to fly in under radar.

Presently, the Browns are now officially underrated. That's a good thing.

Guest Aloysius
He must think we are really awful. I can't imagine the Browns being viewed that poorly by the national media, unless we are really, really sheltered here.

I hate to start thinking about next years draft this early.

Does PK have an axe to grind w/Cle?

It's possible, but I think Tupa's explanation makes more sense.

Peter King is not the brightest bulb over at SI.

I cannot really blame him for not knowing what's going on in the NFL. After all, it's difficult to watch TV, read, or listen to the radio when your (freakishly huge, I might add) head is that far up Brett Favre's ass.

Does anyone take these talking heads seriously?

These idiots never consider coaching/discipline/conditioning/technique added into the mix...its so automatic with most teams there is no reason too..

Im thinking 8-8 with 10-6 a possibility and 6-10 as the unlikely rock bottom worse...

Its impossible to give an honest evaluation at this time...;)

YES....YES....YES....YES!!!!!!!!!

I love it, this article couldn't make me happier.

Whenever we are being touted as the next great thing, we shit the bed. Whenever everybody has us already dead and in the grave we come out swinging and knocking muthaf*ckas out.

I'm very happy the national media is taking this approach with us...

I agree you here Inspecta.

But look at Peter King though, I think he was hired for equal opportunity, he's a Retard mongloid with down syndrome. Seriously look at him. His Retarded "opinion" (and it is an opinion not a thought) is purely out of spite.

Not once in Mr King's article did he give valid reason for the #32 ranking. He DID say they won't go 10-6 unless BQ "morphs" into Tom Brady. My response to that is that neither BQ, nor any OTHER single player will lift us from dead last to 10-6. Just a testimony to the writer's ignorance. I am no expert, but the Browns were certainly not last in the league in "hole plugging", & they weren't last in the league talent wise this past season (BEFORE the "hole plugging"). They MAY have been last in talent utilization & coaching fundamentals, schemes, & discipline, but that is already changing. I will not predict anything record wise, but the Browns are improved & definitely trending in a positive direction. For the first time since the Browns "return", I am feeling good about the future.

GO BROWNS!!

Mike

Are you for real Peter King, 32 out of 32 teams. I bet he wouldnt put money on it. I think he just did it because of 07 when he said it and we went 10-6. Either or Or he can eat a dick up till he hick-ups.

I'll be the FIRST to say I'LL TAKE YOUR MONEY BIGMOUTH (GMP)!"

More than 3 wins and you NEVER, EVER post here again! If we have 3 or Less, I will NEVER post here again!

The monitors can check our IP addresses to make sure we BOTH don't use a different screen name to post here, whomever the loser is (you).

Well big mouth? Take the bet or are you ball-less as we all know??

Bye Chicken Shit! You can crawl back under your rock now :)

If anyone looks at the schedule the Browns are poised to win just 3 game this year....maybe..

Cinn (win)

Detroit (win)

Oakland (win)...maybe...

Peter King hit this one....

Wow just wow...thats all i can say....lol hehehehehe! ;)

Come on guys it's not like Pete has a clue right now on who is going to do what. He simply has to rank the teams so somebody will finish last. Keep in mind the national perspective of the Browns is based on last season's finish that was putrid.

I wouldn't take it personally if I were you guys, it is what it is.

"They MAY have been last in talent utilization & coaching fundamentals, schemes, & discipline, but that is already changing. I will not predict anything record wise, but the Browns are improved & definitely trending in a positive direction"

In one sentence you perfectly summed up the train wreck that Crenelephant wreaked on this team, city and fans.

If anyone looks at the schedule the Browns are poised to win just 3 game this year....maybe...

Still spending lotsa time in the dark aren't you ?

Honestly, they'll be able to top Detroit's win total even if it was Ratliff at QB.

Believe it or not, there is now a coaching staff in Berea. This ain't last year.

Archived