THE BROWNS BOARD

sweep sweep sweep sweep

why cant we win

does anyone else think we can sweep to the finals and win it all being the young age of 19 this is the happiest i have been being a cleveland sports fan since the indians tear in the late 90s lets go cavs sweep to the finals baby!!!!!!!!!! B)

It's like a no-hitter, kid.

You don't talk about it.

Zombo

does anyone else think we can sweep to the finals and win it all being the young age of 19 this is the happiest i have been being a cleveland sports fan since the indians tear in the late 90s lets go cavs sweep to the finals baby!!!!!!!!!! B)

It is a done deal the Cavs win it all and enjoy the moment because it may a long time have it again

i resent the fact that u guys are calling me a kid

Don't worry about it...I'm 62 & LOVE it when someone in their 90s calls me "kid". It also never bothered me when I was your age. Youth is a good thing..Your exuberance is needed in this world.

Mike

It's like a no-hitter, kid.

You don't talk about it.

Zombo

Says the man who just made a thread titled "Fo fo fo" befo' we even swept the second series. I'm not making my official pick yet, but I'm not putting anything past this team. Everyone seems to be talking about the Hawks like some team that just got lucky to scratch into the playoffs. But they were a 4 seed. They took the Celtics to seven games last year. Obviously it was a foregone conclusion we'd win that series, but you can't take anything away from sweeping them by double digits.

This team is not just fresh from the sweeps either, how many times did our best players sit entire fourth quarters in the regular season sitting on 30 point leads? When we're this fresh and can play D like we've been playing, as well as having a guy who can go off for 50, 10 and 10 any given night, they're going to be the favorite every single night until they're on someone else's court in the NBA Finals.

Don't get me wrong, it would be a hell of an accomplishment (and there's no way I'd pick them to sweep the Finals), but I wouldn't bet against another sweep in the ECFs.

Says the man who just made a thread titled "Fo fo fo" befo' we even swept the second series. I'm not making my official pick yet, but I'm not putting anything past this team. Everyone seems to be talking about the Hawks like some team that just got lucky to scratch into the playoffs. But they were a 4 seed. They took the Celtics to seven games last year. Obviously it was a foregone conclusion we'd win that series, but you can't take anything away from sweeping them by double digits.

This team is not just fresh from the sweeps either, how many times did our best players sit entire fourth quarters in the regular season sitting on 30 point leads? When we're this fresh and can play D like we've been playing, as well as having a guy who can go off for 50, 10 and 10 any given night, they're going to be the favorite every single night until they're on someone else's court in the NBA Finals.

Don't get me wrong, it would be a hell of an accomplishment (and there's no way I'd pick them to sweep the Finals), but I wouldn't bet against another sweep in the ECFs.

Good points. The Cavs won't get any respect until they blow out the Lakers in the big tough Western Conference. Maybe even not until they beat Jordan and Pippen & the Bulls. Um, they beat the snot out of the Mavericks- who were in the playoff chase- in the last couple of weeks of the regular season.

Like Sir Charles pointed out- the last team to sweep the first two series won it all. Yeah, the Cavs must suck- could have tied Boston for best home record ever, if they hadn't decided to rest all the starters, and are working on expanding an NBA record of eight double digit blowouts in the Playoffs.

Says the man who just made a thread titled "Fo fo fo" befo' we even swept the second series.

I posted an article. I didn't discuss it.

I remember the Malone quote fondly. My three Fo's (not four)... obviously referred to that timeframe.

Cavs should be favored in every game versus Celts or Magic.

Zombo

i resent the fact that u guys are calling me a kid

No disrespect meant.

Been following the Cavs since their initial season when I wasn't even much of a "kid" yet. Bingo Smith, Bill Fitch and the gang. Remember when they drafted Austin Carr from Notre Dame, had his poster on my wall for most of the 70's. Remember watching the morning CBS news (we didn't get Cleveland stations where I lived) before school so I could get the Cavs score from the night before and adjust the standings to see if they were going to qualify for the playoffs. I was Nate Thurmond or Bingo or Carr in hour after hour of nerf basketball .. we actually called the play-by-play while we nerfed, so I had to know the cavs whole lineup as I passed the ball to myself and dunked on my friend the Buffalo Braves fran. Remember the "Miracle at Richfield" fondly, and the great playoff series with the Bullets. Stuck through the early 80's and those awful, awful teams. Got rejuvenated with the Daugherty-Nance-Price Cavs and never missed a televised game. Had the dagger through the heart when Jordan made his historic shot over Ehlo, and all the other painful defeats at the hands of Chicago. Got excited over guys like Terrel Brandon and Andre Miller ... wondering if we'd ever be amongst the big boys again. Watched The James Gang every chance I got ... Miami, Orlando ... scheduled Browns trip around getting to the Q the same weekend.

In other words, I'm old. And in 80 combined seasons of the Cavs and Browns ... I haven't seen a championship yet.

So I'm not predicting anything, Kid ... just praying. But I do appreciate your enthusiasm. And I hope you see your first championship at 19.

Zombo

I posted an article. I didn't discuss it.

I remember the Malone quote fondly. My three Fo's (not four)... obviously referred to that timeframe.

Cavs should be favored in every game versus Celts or Magic.

Zombo

Understood, and I was just messing around obviously. My whole thing though is that this team is more than prepared for the expectations and predictions and everything. When you surround LeBron, maybe the single most dedicated player in the sport, with no real superstars but a bunch of guys who are just ready to play hard on both sides of the ball, and a coach who both keeps them happy and keeps them focused...I'm just not really worried about heaping expectations on these guys.

I've been living in the Dallas area the last few years and have watched an overconfident, heartless Mavs team win 67 games and lose in the first round, as well as get to the Finals AND have a 2-0 lead, only to lose four straight to the more gutty team. I haven't seen any of those traits from THESE Cavaliers. The Snow, Hughes, Marshall, Gooden days were a completely different story, completely outmatched and had to play perfect (and get a few legendary performances from LeBron and Gibson) to even make it to the Finals in a watered down East.

Right now these guys just have the talent, the heart, and the focus that I wouldn't put anything past them.

And definitely agreed from the other thread, I'll take a title any way I can get it, but it would be something else to get one through both of America's Teams in Boston and LA.

No disrespect meant.

Been following the Cavs since their initial season when I wasn't even much of a "kid" yet. Bingo Smith, Bill Fitch and the gang. Remember when they drafted Austin Carr from Notre Dame, had his poster on my wall for most of the 70's. Remember watching the morning CBS news (we didn't get Cleveland stations where I lived) before school so I could get the Cavs score from the night before and adjust the standings to see if they were going to qualify for the playoffs. I was Nate Thurmond or Bingo or Carr in hour after hour of nerf basketball .. we actually called the play-by-play while we nerfed, so I had to know the cavs whole lineup as I passed the ball to myself and dunked on my friend the Buffalo Braves fran. Remember the "Miracle at Richfield" fondly, and the great playoff series with the Bullets. Stuck through the early 80's and those awful, awful teams. Got rejuvenated with the Daugherty-Nance-Price Cavs and never missed a televised game. Had the dagger through the heart when Jordan made his historic shot over Ehlo, and all the other painful defeats at the hands of Chicago. Got excited over guys like Terrel Brandon and Andre Miller ... wondering if we'd ever be amongst the big boys again. Watched The James Gang every chance I got ... Miami, Orlando ... scheduled Browns trip around getting to the Q the same weekend.

In other words, I'm old. And in 80 combined seasons of the Cavs and Browns ... I haven't seen a championship yet.

So I'm not predicting anything, Kid ... just praying. But I do appreciate your enthusiasm. And I hope you see your first championship at 19.

Zombo

no i tiotally understand what you are saying im hoping at the age of 19 i get to finally see my first championship in cleveland and many more to and as far as u guys calling me a kid i was just joking around i didnt mean anything by it idc if u guys call me a kid i gotta enjoy it while i can

no i tiotally understand what you are saying im hoping at the age of 19 i get to finally see my first championship in cleveland and many more to and as far as u guys calling me a kid i was just joking around i didnt mean anything by it idc if u guys call me a kid i gotta enjoy it while i can

There ya go! The title "kid" will leave far too soon, so relish it while you can! BTW, I honestly think the Cavs are the best TEAM, & most determined TEAM out there. IMHO, they will NOT be denied & WILL win the whole thing....that coming from an old guy who hates making predictions.

Mike

Archived