THE BROWNS BOARD

Carroll activated, Barfield out

Guest Guest_nmills_*

Guest Guest_nmills_*

Jamey Carroll has been activated from the disabled list after a three-game rehab at Triple-A Columbus. To make room for Carroll, the Indians optioned Josh Barfield back to Columbus.

Carroll suffered a broken bone in his left hand in his last at-bat of the spring exhibition season, on April 4 in Houston. He was 3-for-11 with two runs in three games for the Clippers and went 2-for-4 with a double last night.

Barfield was the Tribe's pinch-runner. This is the second time he's been demoted this season. He was 3-for-3 with a run scored and an RBI.

Will be interesting to see how Eric Wedge doles out the playing time between Carroll and Luis Valbuena, who now share the role of utility infielder.

Will be interesting to see how Eric Wedge doles out the playing time between Carroll and Luis Valbuena, who now share the role of utility infielder.

I really wish he'd stop playing with the starting nine. Except for the occasional day off for rest.

I know it's not going to happen with Wedge. It's alwasy been a different lineup every day since he's been the skipper.

Sure a far cry from the days of Bell, Loften and Ramirez in the OF with Omar, Alomar, Thome and Alomar everyday in the infield.

That being said, I hope he allows Valbuena to get a lot of at bats. It is doing him no good to allow him to sit. If his siting is going to be the case then send him down so he can play every day and call up another pitcher.

Archived