THE BROWNS BOARD

LeBron Browns jersey on eBay - size 50

OconRecon

Touché

Actually, I was kind of proud of him coming out and reciting all the bad years of misery we have experienced. He went down the line from the Drive, The Fumble, The Shot and the "Jose Mesa Debacle" as he called it. At least he knows the history and misery, but it's still uncool for him to be a Cowboys fan and hang out with TO and Romo during opening week and the Yankee crap.

Maybe he is starting to get it.

For that commercial he made (as a Browns player) he had the choice of which team to play for in the commercial. He chose the Browns. yeah, he's a Cowboys fan, but at least he does 'get' the perspective of his fans.

Well if that's true then that's cool as shit. Maybe, just maybe he's coming around. He's seeing and feeling the electricity this city has for it's sports heroes and finds it intoxicating. And maybe he's seen how quickly and swiftly the big market NY crowd will turn on a player, and how fair weather they can be and has decided it's not for him.

All speculation, but it would be nice if they win the title that he stays and wins a few more and really builds a legacy here.

If you saw the 60 Minutes interview, you'd understand why New York fascinates LeBron. But. Though he's far too humble to admit it- as ESPN so well put it LBJ has one final mountain to climb- Mt. Jordan, and the six NBA Championships. He's won everything else- and he won't get there bailing out after next year to a rebuilding team.

The Cavs win it all this year or next, and LeBron isn't going anywhere.

I still don't get why it matters what teams LeBron likes. He grew up a Cowboys, Yankees and Bulls fan, just like a million other kids who were young in the 90s when those teams were good.

Nobody disses Brady Quinn for preferring Notre Dame over Ohio State even though he's from Columbus. LeBron can root for whoever he wants as long as he's not openly dissing the Cleveland teams (which I think he learned his lesson when he wore the Yankees cap to the playoff game). Remember, LeBron is still a kid and he'll make dumb mistakes, but he'll also learn from this mistakes.

I think that LeBron is allowed, just like any other human being, to root and support for any team he chooses. That being said, I am a strong believer in loyalty to where you came from. I grew up in Akron as well and now only live 30 seconds from Lebron's current residence.

Just like one of my teachers told me.

"I teach at this school. Im going to root for this and only this schools team. Regardless of where I graduated high school from."

Guest ATENEARS

I am the proud owner of that baby now, thanks for pointing out the ebay listing!

(although my Hag already laid claim on it when it comes ... da bitch)

I still don't get why it matters what teams LeBron likes. He grew up a Cowboys, Yankees and Bulls fan, just like a million other kids who were young in the 90s when those teams were good.

Nobody disses Brady Quinn for preferring Notre Dame over Ohio State even though he's from Columbus. LeBron can root for whoever he wants as long as he's not openly dissing the Cleveland teams (which I think he learned his lesson when he wore the Yankees cap to the playoff game). Remember, LeBron is still a kid and he'll make dumb mistakes, but he'll also learn from this mistakes.

OSU fans in columbus did....... The traitor!!!! :angry: some did but not many considering well ITS ND and a better place for a qb at that time than OSU it was completely understandable.

I think Lebron has matured an awful lot and really is light years ahead of where most are at his age.

I admit I was fuming about the "NY" edition of shoes/ the Yankees hat at a Cleveland game... The Cowboys crap.... etc but it seems he is coming around.

Nike will be able to sell more units IF he moves to a major market like NY and they pay him a TON of money. I am sure they are part of the influence game and will have something to say after this year.

He has enough money and will get the MAX anyways when he signs a new contract so it wont be about money and hopefully he sees multiple championships. I think Mo Williams was Clevelands greatest blessing because the Chemistry those two have and the effect on the team has been tremendous. I think that will play the MOST important role in Clevelands future.

IF Lebron believes his core team is young and gifted enough to win Multiples than he will definately stay. I think he really believes now that we Have Mo and Delonte along with Varajao he believes he has it.

Archived