THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL.com ranks them all.

Baffled how seattle goes to 15 or where the bengirls are the National media must still be really pissed that we had 5 PRIMETIME games last year....they are determined to right that ship. Just last year they had us winning the division and more with the Mighty Derek at the helm. I just think that we are 16th or better in the top 32. We finally have depth at EVERY position....the first time in DECADES. Jamal and BE step up there games and play 2/3's of there potential and we are a top 15 team. even with (gulp) Mr. Anderson.

Everybody was completely wrong about us in 07.

Everybody was completely wrong about us in 08.

Everybody will be completely wrong about us in 09.

This is the best all-around roster we have had going into pre-season since 1995.

Zombo

Where have I heard this type of argument before?

I have no idea.

Why don't you enlighten me.

I'm just looking at the roster thinking we have more depth and less holes than I've seen in the expansion era.

What's your take?

Zombo

His "take" is that we are all stupid morons for even following the Browns let alone having optimism that we will improve from our 4-12 record from last year.

Any positive article about the Browns should be dismissed completely based on the fact that they have printed positive articles about the Browns before and they were deemed false.

I don't know about you, but I'm kinda concerned about Soldier Boy. Who the hell hangs out on his supposed team's board to be so flamingly pessimistic?

Oh, wait a minute, I might know who.

I sense emo kid.

Until we prove otherwise and beat some good football teams..this ranking is accurate. Sorry to say it, but it's true. I see some improvement in the roster and depth.. We are still talent short vs the Steelers and that is the bottom line in a division they have owned for a very very long time. It makes me sick.. I hope Mangini can turn this boat around.. but I am not drinking the coolaid anymore.

I have no idea.

Why don't you enlighten me.

I'm just looking at the roster thinking we have more depth and less holes than I've seen in the expansion era.

What's your take?

Zombo

How long exactly does a "expansion era" last?

Maybe this is where I differ from the rest of this board. I don't consider the Browns an expansion team.

I don't think of Browns fans as stupid for following the Browns, I consider the posts on this board to be out of touch with what is real.

How long exactly does a "expansion era" last?

Maybe this is where I differ from the rest of this board. I don't consider the Browns an expansion team.

I don't think of Browns fans as stupid for following the Browns, I consider the posts on this board to be out of touch with what is real.

Nobody thinks of them as an expansion team, dumbass, it's used as a point of reference. "The Expansion Browns", "The Second Coming", "The Next Generation", "The New Browns", "The Reborn Browns" ... or simply "since 1999" if that makes you more comfortable.

Here's what real: the Browns are a deeper, stronger team than at anytime ... "since 1999".

Whether that translates into wins depends on a ton of variables, no one can say with certainty where we will end up. Injuries, opponents, weather, strange bounces ... who knows what we are in for ... that's the beauty of the NFL. But this roster matches up well against the only two teams "since 1999" that have produced a winning record: 2003 & 2007.

Anderson has been our best QB so far, so if Quinn beats him out we are ahead of the game there, certainly Ratliff is an upgrade over Dorsey as well.

Vickers is the best fullback we have had and his hitting his prime.

At RB, our best year rushing was 2007 with Lewis, he is still here with a more game-ready Harrison and a third back who has more potential than Wright ever did.

At WR, none of the 2003 group turned out to be anything special, whereas Braylon Edwards has displayed All-Pro form. He is back with Furrey and Patton replacing Joe J and two new young studs added to the table ... that's a better group than 2007.

TE we will miss Winslow but have upgraded the blocking with Royal, we still have Heiden, and a potential receiving threat with Rucker.

OL, 2007 was our best line by far ... and this group is better. We have replaced Fraley with a stud at center, and we have brought in a ton of beef for the right side, quality depth two-players-deep across the line ... we have never had that.

Defensive line is probably the most improved group over 2007, and 2003 for that matter. First of all, neither of those teams had a dominating All-Pro like Shaun Rogers in the middle. And now we have dramatically upgraded the end positions with legit 3-4 ends: Williams, Coleman, Mosely plus Robaire Smith ... when have we had a de rotation that good. Seriously ... when?

Linebacker ... we used to get by with guys with "lots of heart" ... now were going to try talent. DQ Jackson is rated as one of the best inside lbs in the league, he was just a rookie on that 2007 team. Kam Wimbley was on that team, but we may actually be able to utilize his talents in Ryan's schemes now that we've got some gobstoppers up on the line. Eric Barton and David Bowens are solid pros that excel in the 3-4, no more fitting square pegs into round holes. Now add David Veikune's potential to this group and tell me which group was better?

At corner Eric Wright is probably the most talented guy to fill the postion "in the last ten years" and Brandon McDonald is more solid than any guy we had over there in 03 or 07. Now throw in a couple vets like Ivy and Pooteet, a couple rooks to push them, and a guy like Larson that flashed potential last year ... and I think we'll come away stronger at CB than we have been in the past.

At safety Poole is back and healthier than he was was in 07, and Abe Elam is the first legit run-stuffing, blitzing safety that we can bring up to intimidate teams that we have had in a long, long time. Mike Adams did well as the third safety last year ... again, as good as any group we've had.

Same very good kicker, same very good punter, same very good return man, same very good long snapper ... and the return teams should be upgraded by the young talent at LB, DB and RB that we added.

So I ask you ... why do you not feel this is our best roster since 1999? Which roster did you like better and why?

Or ... are you just being a dick to be a dick?

Zombo

you may want to adjust the part about kickoff return guy :angry:

I guess I need to get over to that thread ... I assume things will get worked out and he'll be back ... am I missing breaking news ... besides Ateners cutting him?

Zombo

WOW!!!.Let the pigeons loose!!!!!!!!!!!

now I really can't wait for the season to start..

Golly GiMPer thanks for checking in.

Don't forget to change your diaper before you climb back into your box.

Archived