THE BROWNS BOARD

Lakers Nuggets Game 1

DTBH

Wow, what a game. I know it's only game 1 but Jesus. If this game is a sign of things to come this will be a great series.

I don't think I've ever seen Carmelo play like this. He's playing ridiculously tough on defense, and I actually think he's out playing the Hollywood Golden Boy. Got a whole new respect for Melo after tonight's game. The Nugs are a real force right now and their bigs have to be the most active bigs I've ever seen.

Bonus question for my Z lovers around here: Guess which Laker big man drew two important fouls at the end of the game as well as making a huge block and drawing an important offensive foul on the other end down the stretch being the key component to a turn around in momentum? I guess you could say he's their Andy, Z, and Ben all wrapped up in one.

Wow, what a game. I know it's only game 1 but Jesus. If this game is a sign of things to come this will be a great series.

I don't think I've ever seen Carmelo play like this. He's playing ridiculously tough on defense, and I actually think he's out playing the Hollywood Golden Boy. Got a whole new respect for Melo after tonight's game. The Nugs are a real force right now and their bigs have to be the most active bigs I've ever seen.

Bonus question for my Z lovers around here: Guess which Laker big man drew two important fouls at the end of the game as well as making a huge block and drawing an important offensive foul on the other end down the stretch being the key component to a turn around in momentum? I guess you could say he's their Andy, Z, and Ben all wrapped up in one.

Too bad Gas-oil is only one player- and he did squat in the first half. They still needed 40 from Kobe to win.

FOXSPORTS: But the Nuggets couldn't stop Bryant over the final 6:48, when he scored 15 points, including seven straight to help the Lakers improve to 7-1 at home in the playoffs. -Add in a turnover in the last 30 seconds to seal it.

Guest Masters
Billups also deserves a lot of credit for the Denver renaissance

IMO he deserves all the credit. DEN became a different team on both ends of the floor following his arrival.

Archived