THE BROWNS BOARD

No funds to close Gitmo

ballpeen

Fewer people who want to kill Americans makes the problem smaller. Yes. That's the idea. We know from our own military - the policies that led to Abu Ghraib, or that created Guanatamo, didn't help. So we try to figure out a better policy.

Your idea is to leave the prison open and change the rules. I think that's better than what we had, but not the best we can do.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"In fact, I have long been on record as having testified and also in helping write doctrine for interrogation techniques that are completely in line with the Geneva Convention. And as a division commander in Iraq in the early days, we put out guidance very early on to make sure that our soldiers, in fact, knew that we needed to stay within those guidelines.

With respect to Guantanamo, I think that the closure in a responsible manner, obviously one that is certainly being worked out now by the Department of Justice — I talked to the attorney general the other day [and] they have a very intensive effort ongoing to determine, indeed, what to do with the detainees who are left, how to deal with them in a legal way, and if continued incarceration is necessary — again, how to take that forward.

But doing that in a responsible manner, I think, sends an important message to the world, as does the commitment of the United States to observe the Geneva Convention when it comes to the treatment of detainees."

- Gen. David Petraeus

Face it, Heck.

Your Obomination has no plan.

Last I heard, that was a very bad thing.

Obama is just trying to keep the Left's foot

out of his buttocks by closing Gitmo.

Problem is, he has no idea whatsoever of what's he's

doing to accomplish that, nor the consequences of doing so.

That's very Heckish. (shallow as the mist on a desert cactus in late morning)

You're right, DieHard. I had that wrong. Heck

Let it be known for the first time in the history of his being on the

board, Heck said something that didn't buoy his ego.

He admitting he was wrong... this is game breaking news.

Why, who knows, maybe he'll start acting like just another

poster, instead of Judge Judy or Obama.

It must be lonely living in an ivory tower, nice to see

him come back down to land and act like a regular guy.

Well, as much as possible, a guy who avoids legit questions

to keep his Political Idol status intact.

Steve, you're really are something. (Predictable, among other things.)

You argue like a drunk in a bar, always against some cartoon version you've created in your head, attributing the position of every leftist person or organization you can think of to me.

I posted a quote from General Petraeus. You can either agree with him or disagree with him, or me.

Trotting out some two-year-old ad from MoveOn is what's called a "straw man", yet another example of you using a logical fallacy to support your position.

It's the sign of a weak intellect. Doesn't that embarrass you? And if not, shouldn't it start embarrassing you?

Well, Heck, you run around in circles like a frightened church mouse when

Steve and Ballpeen try to converse with you on issues.

I believe you are the only person on the entire board that has never been funny.

Does being a stuffed shirt bother you? At all?

Why do you have to belittle people's IQ, etc etc etc because they disagree with you,

and tease you with your own running from questions?

If you can't see that, then you sit on a chair too high off the floor for you.

Maybe you could have someone nearby to help you out and adjust your chair lower.

For someone who touts himself as being so "mature and intelligent",

you come across like the pouty, spoiled kid on "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory".

God help the rest of us - you are freaking boring.

Archived