A few wins or higher draft pick?

tinythinker

A few winds or higher draft pick?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer at this point

• Get two to four wins this season
    • Keep losing and get higher draft pick

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/2017 at 12:49 AM

Get two, then get four, then get more. That is what we play for.

Lol, does it matter?

We've all seen what the Clowns do with high draft picks.

9 minutes ago, Gafreleets said:

Lol, does it matter?

We've all seen what the Browns do with high draft picks.

Started to form a witty, defensive comeback, but couldn't come up with a damn thing.  

1 minute ago, RoyceRolls said:

The it's Groundhog Day, as long as they don't join the '08 lions as the only 2 teams to go winless, I'm fine. im not gonna celebrate 3 wins like "at least we didn't go 1-15"

This young team DESPERATELY needs a few wins not even to mention the beleaguered fan base.....problem is a few already got away especially GAME 1! :o

30 minutes ago, tinythinker said:

Haven't listened to any podcast on the Browns. The poll is in response to the yearly debate the erupts among fans of long losing teams.

And to further clarify, my polls are made

1. Because I am curious

2. To show what the people here really think, not just the trolls or the people who post the most, as sometimes a few voices drown out the rest

For example, I've been seeing people here but also elsewhere saying "just go for another #1" and they tend to be defeatist, like, it doesn't matter anyway. But so far, 5 to 1 in this poll say they that as this week they want to see wins. Now, fans of teams that struggle for years always include those who say "tank and get a high draft pick". It's nothing to do with just the Browns, so the poll doesn't appear biased as it's not uncommon to have that debate.

As a counter example, some people want to have the Browns fans boycott in mass protest by avoiding the games and merchandise while others want to see the team removed from the NFL. So I pointed out in other threads that a realistic possibility is another Browns team leaving Cleveland. To see if they really hate this version of the Browns that much or are just blowing off steam and griping. And some here actually did basically say 'sure, let 'em go' or 'whatever who cares'.  The reason I didn't make *that* question a poll is because I didn't want to give the impression I am pushing/favoring that option. But I admit I really am curious what the results would be so making that poll is very tempting.

7 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Does it matter?

Does it matter in terms of the relevance of what the people on this board want?

No, of course not, voting here won't affect what *actually* happens on the field.

Does it matter in terms of the future of the franchise?

Yes

If we get that number one pick we can make sure to trade it for lots more cripples, at least we could make up for lost advertising Revenue with the Cleveland Clinic or University Hospitals. If I truly believed Sam Darnold was the guy and I thought Saucy had the brains to take him I would tank. If I thought they were going to ride DeShone Kizer win or lose might as well win a couple games.

WSS

1 hour ago, Gafreleets said:

We've all seen what the Clowns do with high draft picks.

No... we haven't. One important piece of info will be supplied today.

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Started to form a witty, defensive comeback, but couldn't come up with a damn thing.  

Not too witty, but I tried to pick you up... ;)

54 minutes ago, tinythinker said:

Haven't listened to any podcast on the Browns. The poll is in response to the yearly debate the erupts among fans of long losing teams.

Then I apple-a-gize... give the podcast I posted in its own thread a listen. You can skip the first 3 minutes and change.

That said, I still cannot participate in your post because I see it as a false choice.

Hue's job is to win with what he has. You'll never see him or any HC worth his salt doing otherwise. However, he with the FO knew what they were getting into before the preseason. What they did not know is that both the two QBs they tried to hand the job to would botch the hand-off.

Once they went to the rookie they knew the hill got a lot steeper. But they have a plan which has as its worst outcome that they are QB hunting Day One come the 2018 NFL Draft.

I will add this... for my part if we are not in playoff contention, and we were never in playoff contention this year, then the win total is irrelevant. Would I like us to look better in losing than we have? Yes... I would find more solace in that, but I can never under any circumstance root for us to lose.

Well... maybe one circumstance... if it gave us a more favorable match up going into the playoffs. However, I'll likely forget I wrote this before that circumstance has a chance to materialize.

Just now, Tour2ma said:

Then I apple-a-gize... give the podcast I posted in its own thread a listen. You can skip the first 3 minutes and change.

That said, I still cannot participate in your post because I see it as a false choice.

Hue's job is to win with what he has. You'll never see him or any HC worth his salt doing otherwise. However, he with the FO knew what they were getting into before the preseason. What they did not know is that both the two QBs they tried to hand the job to would botch the hand-off.

Once they went to the rookie they knew the hill got a lot steeper. But they have a plan which has as its worst outcome that they are QB hunting Day One come the 2018 NFL Draft.

No apology necessary. The poll though isn't what Hue should do, it's what the voter hopes for. If you had the power to make a wish based on just those two choices, as it were. Which outcome do you personally want?

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

I will add this... for my part if we are not in playoff contention, and we were never in playoff contention this year, then the win total is irrelevant. Would I like us to look better in losing than we have? Yes... I would find more solace in that, but I can never under any circumstance root for us to lose.

Well... maybe one circumstance... if it gave us a more favorable match up going into the playoffs. However, I'll likely forget I wrote this before that circumstance has a chance to materialize.

So you aren't in the "winning breeds winning" camp? That is, that a few wins will build confidence and team cohesion for next year?

Whats funny is with 2-4 wins we may end up with the first pick anyways.  Its embarrassing this conversation is even happening (for the second season in a row).  We keep passing on QB's like were too good for them, meanwhile trying to find cheap gems,  were constantly digging and finding nothing but Sheet, all the while giving some pretty nice pieces to better teams for positions deeper in the hole.

The browns won between four and seven games for 15 years and never made the playoffs. The fans were screaming for change at owner and head coach level and now they’re actively wanting that situation back. 

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results”

Right now, "losing" is what we are doing over and over.....record setting losing...unprecedented losing.....embarrassing losing......sticking with this trend is the definition of insanity

and the "dofferent results" we are getting are much worse than what we had before.....just because its different, doesnt make it better....

3 hours ago, Flyin J said:

Whats funny is with 2-4 wins we may end up with the first pick anyways.  Its embarrassing this conversation is even happening (for the second season in a row).  We keep passing on QB's like were too good for them, meanwhile trying to find cheap gems,  were constantly digging and finding nothing but Sheet, all the while giving some pretty nice pieces to better teams for positions deeper in the hole.

True.... in baseball you have a farm system. The NFL is different. We haven't had a franchise QB since Tim Couch, and he wasn't a good one.

19 hours ago, stillmotion said:

True.... in baseball you have a farm system. The NFL is different. We haven't had a franchise QB since Tim Couch, and he wasn't a good one.

Yes, the NFL farm system is the NCAA and with special rules like you can not leave for the NFL after your freshman year (M.Clarett) which is unique, all other sports you can go after high school. The NFL would never want the burdensome task and expenses of a farm system.

The last franchise QB might have been from the U, Testaverde or Bernie Kosar. 

5 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yes, the NFL farm system is the NCAA and with special rules like you can not leave for the NFL after your freshman year (M.Clarett) which is unique, all other sports you can go after high school. The NFL would never want the burdensome task and expenses of a farm system.

The last franchise QB might have been from the U, Testaverde or Bernie Kosar. 

Well in basketball they have to wait one year, and the developmental league is on the way.  Itll take away from college football but could be huge for young NFL hopefuls.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/96416744/

25 minutes ago, Flyin J said:

Well in basketball they have to wait one year, and the developmental league is on the way.  Itll take away from college football but could be huge for young NFL hopefuls.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/96416744/

LeBron, Kobe and a few others went from high school to the NBA.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

LeBron, Kobe and a few others went from high school to the NBA.

New rules. Must be 19 or one year removed from HS now. That's why you hear about "one and done" recruits like DAndre Jordan and Kevin Durant.

Archived