THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. N.Y. Jets Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, tinythinker said:

Would you? :P

I'm sure he is a good kicker but he's off today.

It was a chance to give the kicker a little confidence by giving him a chip shot.

2 minutes ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

why does Hue waste timeouts ever game.

Well, this time because he decided not to kick the FG....which I felt was wrong.  You'll be needing your kicker eventually.

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

That's a fireable offense not taking the points there. That's the dumbest decision he's made and there's a ton to choose from. I almost broke my tv I'm so.mad

no, pts expectation charts and win expectancy charts would clearly show the right move is to go.

2 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

You gotta take the points. Its a chip shot. The guy made the PAT.

If NY scores a TD here youre down 2 scores.

the kickers earlier struggles had nothing to do with hue going for it. if justin turner was our kicker we still would have gone for it.  even for the worst kicker in the nfl thats a 98-99% kick and even hue knows that.  we went for it because it was the right move.

2 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

kickers dont 'get confidence' by making a 98-99% kick in the nfl.  no upside or confidence from making it.  still the right call to go for it

You're just objectively wrong. If it was the right decision we wouldn't be in the position we are now. You tie the a game when you can, but Hue is a terrible coach. You would be too.

Just now, jrb12711 said:

You're just objectively wrong. If it was the right decision we wouldn't be in the position we are now. You tie the a game when you can, but Hue is a terrible coach. You would be too.

lmao.....you dont judge a decision by whethe r or not it worked out.  you judge it by whether it was the right decision at the time.  And according to win expectancy and pt expectation charts, it was.

meaningless cliches like "you tie the game when you can" are just that....meaningless.  May as well say "you go ahead in the game when you can".  

Archived