THE BROWNS BOARD

tommorrow we WIN or it's hard to see how hue is back in 2018....

Tacosman

19 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yeah... and what about Ernie Davis? Traded up and he never saw the field.

Stop with the Shmucking history lessons already!

.. or I shall become cross.

All that matters is the past 21 months. I can deal with the negativity that actually matters... just not the rest of the shite.

Good luck, but if you win then do you press on whatever line there is on Hue getting the axe?

whether or not hue gets the ax is entirely dependent on how the team plays the rest of the year.  If they go 2-14 or whatever, of course he will get the ax.  Because the reality is that even if you have the worst talent in the entire nfl, you shouldnt go 3-29 over 32 games in today's nfl because the nfl is just not set up like that.  The fact that a coach could significantly underperform in terms of W-L over two years what would be expected of the least talented team in the nfl doesn't mean he is the worlds worst coach, but it does eliminate the fact that he is a positive difference maker(if over 32 games he is underperforming expectations...whereas expectations for even the least talented team in the nfl over 32 games would probably be 7-25 or so)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Been named head coach after we've cycled through so many that no one wants to come. 

Hue is done. He is the worst game day head coach the Browns have had..... and that's saying a mouth full. 

If you're a dude who has lost 20 of his last 21 under Hue, you honestly can't tell me that you'd still be buying in..... He's done, and today was painfully obvious of that. 

2 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Please don't watch games if you can't come away from them not wanting to complete destroy the entire organization.

Quit telling people what to do you little Homo!

1 minute ago, Tacosman said:

yes he was named head coach.  And if he goes 3-29 he will have had 32 whole games to have shown he isn't the future at hc.

I don't need any more games..... Maybe if he hired a real OC and simply focused on being a Tomlinlike raw-raw team organizer, then maybe he could be successful, but right now he is in over his head and is a dead man crawling. 

He's a good dude, but a horrible game day coach. 

7 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

yes he was named head coach.  And if he goes 3-29 he will have had 32 whole games to have shown he isn't the future at hc.

If he goes 3-29 he will have won 3 more games than the talent level of this team would dictate.

2 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I don't need any more games..... Maybe if he hired a real OC and simply focused on being a Tomlinlike raw-raw team organizer, then maybe he could be successful, but right now he is in over his head and is a dead man crawling. 

He's a good dude, but a horrible game day coach. 

dont see the point of firing him mid season though and going with an interim.  Barring hue going something like 5-6 the rest of the way he's probably gone, and thats ok.  There will be lots  f options out there.

I dont think hue is a part of why we suck now.  We were going to suck now if we had saban or bellichek out there probably.  But 1-20 is 1-20.  thats historically bad.  even with a paucity of talent teams in the nfl dont go 1-20

Just now, wargograw said:

If he goes 3-29 he will have won 3 more games than the talent level of this team would dictate.

BULLSHITE.  Even if we are the least talented team in the nfl(I'd say we are tied with about 3-4 other teams), 1-20 is atypical in the modern nfl.  You would expect such a team to win 4 or so games.  You don't seem to understand concepts like regression to the mean.  

Just now, Tacosman said:

BULLSHITE.  Even if we are the least talented team in the nfl(I'd say we are tied with about 3-4 other teams), 1-20 is atypical in the modern nfl.  You would expect such a team to win 4 or so games.  You don't seem to understand concepts like regression to the mean.  

We are most definitely not tied with 3-4 other teams. Pure delusion.

3 minutes ago, wargograw said:

We are most definitely not tied with 3-4 other teams. Pure delusion.

our roster is similarly shitty to the jets and 49ers and colts(without luck)...sure.  I think we have a better roster than the jets probably(today we outgained them 2 to 1)....

the consensus out there is that our roster is terrible, extremely terrible, but no worse than the typical bottom 3-4 teams in the nfl in any given year.  

Today, I saw a head coach / offensive coordinator get the ball on the 6ish yard line for 1st and goal. Then I saw that coach not put his best offensive player (Duke) on the field for any of the upcoming 3 plays, and rather than try to slam the thing in with his 2nd best RB (Crow), he elected to go with an oh-so-tricky, high school like QB option which of course turned into a fumble.

So instead of putting your team's chances on your best players' backs ("elite" Oline <LMAO> and Duke), you instead put it on a 21yr old QB (who has played like whoreshit all year) and a half blind RB who needs a hole the size of an elephant to be productive.

Then repeat the above a couple of more times..... today the HC/OC snatched defeat from the jaws of victory............ in over his head. 

6 minutes ago, wargograw said:

"Lots of options, I just can't name any of them, because then it'd be revealed they have no better a resume than Hue Jackson."

wtf?  guys like jim bob cooter,  spagnuolo, chris richard, patricia, and plenty of other guys would be decent candidates.  

Hue was a decent choice as well.  But now, if after 32 games he has a historically bad record even relative to other bottom feeder teams, we know he isn't the guy.  It's not complicated.

werent we just predicting a 4-6 win season based upon all that new talent?????.....I do belive that was the consensus........now///suddenly....our roster is worse than the Jets and 49'ers and this is whats expected?......in year 2 of the build?.....

Hell, I was predicting one or 2 wins last year and taking grief for my negativity....told "no way".....then it changed to "of course they're gonna lose, its the plan".....NEXT year we'll start the climb.....and now?.....after 2 record setting drafts(in terms of picks) we still suck so bad we cant beat the worst teams out there?.....

Hahahahaha///////fire em all

We're only one loss away from dropping under .300 since our 1999 "return".

Our record since 1999 is 88-205 (88-206 if you count playoffs) with just one double digit win season. In the same period the last head coach that won a playoff game with the Browns went 212-81 (237-90 if you count playoffs) with just one double digit loss season.

No excuse for the loss today. 

2 minutes ago, Marc1971 said:

We're only one loss away from dropping under .300 since our 1999 "return".

Our record since 1999 is 88-205 (88-206 if you count playoffs) with just one double digit win season. In the same period the last head coach that won a playoff game with the Browns went 212-81 (237-90 if you count playoffs) with just one double digit loss season.

Holy hell....... keep that kind of s hit to yourself! 

7 minutes ago, wargograw said:

So we have two options, both of which mean failure and one of which we have tried for the last 20 years.

why do we have only 2 options?....thats a pretty closed minded view.....so, are you suggesting that option  1 is what every team has ever done and option 2 is what shashi just invented?...(cause its never been done before?)

Just like Hue said today(about his teams play today)...How about the Browns werent successful, not because they had the wrong plan, but just they didnt execute well.....Just like you say  about the team,.....maybe its not the plan, its the players....

1 hour ago, Mudfly said:

why do we have only 2 options?....thats a pretty closed minded view.....so, are you suggesting that option  1 is what every team has ever done and option 2 is what shashi just invented?...(cause its never been done before?)

Just like Hue said today(about his teams play today)...How about the Browns werent successful, not because they had the wrong plan, but just they didnt execute well.....Just like you say  about the team,.....maybe its not the plan, its the players....

It’s the players that the guys who are not football guys picked

Archived