THE BROWNS BOARD

tommorrow we WIN or it's hard to see how hue is back in 2018....

Tacosman

1 hour ago, Mudfly said:

why do we have only 2 options?....thats a pretty closed minded view.....so, are you suggesting that option  1 is what every team has ever done and option 2 is what shashi just invented?...(cause its never been done before?)

Just like Hue said today(about his teams play today)...How about the Browns werent successful, not because they had the wrong plan, but just they didnt execute well.....Just like you say  about the team,.....maybe its not the plan, its the players....

No, option 1 is what WE have done since the franchise came back. And it has failed EVERY TIME. And your brilliant new idea is to do it yet again. Yes, option 2 is a new way. Maybe it works with Hue, maybe not. Won't know until the end of 2018 at least. 

And doesn't your second paragraph contradict your narrative that Hue needs to go? You're agreeing he just doesn't have the players yet? Ay ay ay. As I said earlier in the week, fans say strange stuff when they're upset. I will be happy to discuss this with sober mind later in the week. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, wargograw said:

No, option 1 is what WE have done since the franchise came back. And it has failed EVERY TIME. And your brilliant new idea is to do it yet again. Yes, option 2 is a new way. Maybe it works with Hue, maybe not. Won't know until the end of 2018 at least. 

Thats silly....I never said do it again. And there are more than 2 options.....What is it about the end of 2018 that is some majic measuring stick......its pretty clear(right now) that we have only had backward movement......2 years of beyond terrible is a good measuring stick....I say, instead of trying something thats just different, lets try something that actually works

And doesn't your second paragraph contradict your narrative that Hue needs to go? You're agreeing he just doesn't have the players yet? Ay ay ay. As I said earlier in the week, fans say strange stuff when they're upset. I will be happy to discuss this with sober mind later in the week. 

My second paragraph simply states what Ive been saying 4 2 regimes, 2 FO's and 2 coaching staffs....it's not the system, its the people working the system....that comment can apply to executives, FO, owners, coaches and players....

14 minutes ago, wargograw said:

War, with all due respect didn't you state that you didn't even watch the game today?

Hue definitely had some questionable play calling and clock management decisions. He needs an offensive coordinator at the least. We definitely should've won that game, and in many people's opinion, Hue is the reason we lost the game because of his incompetence. 

Watch the game first, and then you can debate us with a fresh set of eyes.

Waiting until 2018 is over will do nothing. What if Hue and the browns don't win any games this year and next year? Will Haslam keep them till 2020, or you think he might question some of the decisions. They said 4-5 year plan but what gets me is we haven't seen progress. We just got rid of everyone and brought in a bunch of youngins. gave the fat contract to britt instead of pryor. got rid of haden for nothing. And who will replace haden? what if some of our young draft picks turn out to be practice squad material? Maybe at this rate, we'll have two diamonds in the rough by year 4 or 5, but what if they're so sick of losing that they leave?

Haslam will probably fire Hue

wouldn't it be better to fire Hue now and put someone with some energy and fire in?

Someone with some common sense and clock management skills?

4 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

War, with all due respect didn't you state that you didn't even watch the game today?

Hue definitely had some questionable play calling and clock management decisions. He needs an offensive coordinator at the least. We definitely should've won that game, and in many people's opinion, Hue is the reason we lost the game because of his incompetence. 

Watch the game first, and then you can debate us with a fresh set of eyes.

Waiting until 2018 is over will do nothing. What if Hue and the browns don't win any games this year and next year? Will Haslam keep them till 2020, or you think he might question some of the decisions. They said 4-5 year plan but what gets me is we haven't seen progress. We just got rid of everyone and brought in a bunch of youngins. gave the fat contract to britt instead of pryor. got rid of haden for nothing. And who will replace haden? what if some of our young draft picks turn out to be practice squad material? Maybe at this rate, we'll have two diamonds in the rough by year 4 or 5, but what if they're so sick of losing that they leave?

Haslam will probably fire Hue

wouldn't it be better to fire Hue now and put someone with some energy and fire in?

Someone with some common sense and clock management skills?

right...listen, War is committed, come hell or high water, to stick this through 2018.....so, his bench mark is a 3 year period...fair enough...but there should be measurables worth during that 3 year waiting period......

take a 3 year journey and yu should have an idea where you'll be yr 1 and yr 2....if not, how do you adjust?

I assure you, the powers that be have established many measurables, indicators and benchmarks from which they will gauge the progress....or measure the level of success or failure for years 1 - 2 - 3 etc....NO organization is going inplement a complete new system and not establish these basic measurables.....and, I assure you, they are behind where they thought theyd be....and Shashi, Jimmy and Hue have all spoken  to that and the team acknowledges it....

why others cant is beyond me......

8 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

The same stupid people have been saying the same stupid Sheet for 30 years 

How much more of a chance does Hue need TC? Question: Did Hogan outplay Kizer today? MHO the answer is clearly yes. So, what does that tell me as a season ticket holder? Winning means nothing this year? AGAIN? 

Me and Mud are in total agreement Kizer needs to sit. Unfortunately, we just blew our best chance at a win today. LOL, we were discussing if there's ever been a 0-0 tie in the NFL. That's how inept the Browns offense looked in the first half. 

7 hours ago, D Bone said:

Today, I saw a head coach / offensive coordinator get the ball on the 6ish yard line for 1st and goal. Then I saw that coach not put his best offensive player (Duke) on the field for any of the upcoming 3 plays, and rather than try to slam the thing in with his 2nd best RB (Crow), he elected to go with an oh-so-tricky, high school like QB option which of course turned into a fumble.

So instead of putting your team's chances on your best players' backs ("elite" Oline <LMAO> and Duke), you instead put it on a 21yr old QB (who has played like whoreshit all year) and a half blind RB who needs a hole the size of an elephant to be productive.

Then repeat the above a couple of more times..... today the HC/OC snatched defeat from the jaws of victory............ in over his head. 

& you've got a HOF LT, so let's confuse 'em by running right. 

17 hours ago, D Bone said:

Hue is done. He is the worst game day head coach the Browns have had..... and that's saying a mouth full. 

If you're a dude who has lost 20 of his last 21 under Hue, you honestly can't tell me that you'd still be buying in..... He's done, and today was painfully obvious of that. 

I can't go as far as done, but I am moving in that direction... slowly. I do think "buying in" is a key phrase... although not in the sense I think you used it.

Hue has to be getting analytics in his scouting reports. Reports not only on the upcoming opponent, but also on his Offense. And I cannot imagine that the report this week did not say, "Crow is more effective in the I-formation or singleback with the QB under Center. And the QB is more effective when Crow is effective." We saw both were true early.

And as the game wore on... Hue went away from the report. Despite the absence of any scoreboard rationale this week... Hue went away from the report.

For contrast look at O'Brian's discipline in using his rookie QB.

17 hours ago, Tacosman said:

dont see the point of firing him mid season though and going with an interim.  Barring hue going something like 5-6 the rest of the way he's probably gone, and thats ok.  There will be lots  f options out there.

I dont think hue is a part of why we suck now.  We were going to suck now if we had saban or bellichek out there probably.  But 1-20 is 1-20.  thats historically bad.  even with a paucity of talent teams in the nfl dont go 1-20

Disagree for the most part...

• Hue's is compounding our lack of Offensive talent.
  • Should things get worse fast, then a Gregg Williams audition as an interim HC is a viable option. The only question would be who takes the OC role. Al Saunders would seem the likeliest candidate.
  • 5 wins the rest of the way secures his job... likely will take fewer than 5.

I do agree that there will be lots of HC "options out there" after the season... most of them worse.

16 hours ago, Mudfly said:

...in year 2 of the build?

Year 1... don't make me tell you again... ;)

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

It was the ridiculous Hue redzone plan that failed them terribly. He is just flat awful.

Nothing was wrong with either the Option left call or the roll right call. It was the execution that sucked.

The pitch was too far in front of Crow when his clearest path was to the corner. It would not have been a walk-in, but with a sprint and a dive Crow had a good chance of scoring.

And the rollout pass to the other GL... it just wasn't there. That ball cannot be thrown. The 2ndary target flowing with the play deeper in the endzone also looked to be covered. Only Louis (I believe) who was crossing against the flow looked to be coming open. But if the read never gets that far, then you either tuck it and run it, or throw it away.

One other comment... it's not as if we have a ton of redzone game experience this season. It's a sad factor, but it's a factor.

9 hours ago, hoorta said:
  1. Question: Did Hogan outplay Kizer today? MHO the answer is clearly yes.
  2. So, what does that tell me as a season ticket holder? Winning means nothing this year? AGAIN?
  3. & you've got a HOF LT, so let's confuse 'em by running right. 
  1. Yes... Hogan did... barely. But not by enough is MHO...
  2. Yes... nothing... again. Not in the grand scheme.
  3. Yes... right. Over our strongest OG and better runblocking OT. I love Joe, but a roadgrader he ain't. But the real issue here is Hue changing his mind... and burning a TO. You kick the FG there. At home you play for the tie at that point in the game.

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

How much more of a chance does Hue need TC? Question: Did Hogan outplay Kizer today? MHO the answer is clearly yes. So, what does that tell me as a season ticket holder? Winning means nothing this year? AGAIN? 

Me and Mud are in total agreement Kizer needs to sit. Unfortunately, we just blew our best chance at a win today. LOL, we were discussing if there's ever been a 0-0 tie in the NFL. That's how inept the Browns offense looked in the first half. 

& you've got a HOF LT, so let's confuse 'em by running right. 

I think he gets three years regardless. I keep coming back to this article, which is filled with Haslam quotes that pertain to this very situation.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/07/jimmy_haslam_doesnt_know_what.html

The plan was a multi-year rebuild. Haslam knew what he was getting into. 

Winning means nothing, you’re right. Like I said before, they couldn’t give less of a flying Shmuck about the fact you’re a season ticket holder or what you want from this team. You don’t renew...so what? There will be a different pair of cheeks in your seat next year.

Best case scenario, we start Hogan and we beat the Jags, Titans, Chargers, Texans and steal the last game from Pittsburgh because they’ve either rested their starters or Ben is hurt. What does 5 wins get us at the end of the year? Picking at #5 or #6 in the draft? Cool, I’d rather win 2 this year and get one of the top two prospects available. As it stands right now, that lands us either Darnold or Barkley - which is fine with me.

The focal point of 2017 was never winning. It was about finding clear holes in our roster and letting our foundational players get live reps. It’s been said ad nauseum - we have the youngest, most inexperienced roster in the NFL and yet we are a few plays from being a 3-win team. It’s not even close to the end of the world.

31 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I can't go as far as done, but I am moving in that direction... slowly. I do think "buying in" is a key phrase... although not in the sense I think you used it.

Hue has to be getting analytics in his scouting reports. Reports not only on the upcoming opponent, but also on his Offense. And I cannot imagine that the report this week did not say, "Crow is more effective in the I-formation or singleback with the QB under Center. And the QB is more effective when Crow is effective." We saw both were true early.

And as the game wore on... Hue went away from the report. Despite the absence of any scoreboard rationale this week... Hue went away from the report.

For contrast look at O'Brian's discipline in using his rookie QB.

Disagree for the most part...

• Hue's is compounding our lack of Offensive talent.
  • Should things get worse fast, then a Gregg Williams audition as an interim HC is a viable option. The only question would be who takes the OC role. Al Saunders would seem the likeliest candidate.
  • 5 wins the rest of the way secures his job... likely will take fewer than 5.

I do agree that there will be lots of HC "options out there" after the season... most of them worse.

I don’t think Hue really cares about Crow’s strengths. I don’t see Crow being a part of this team next year. Hue seemingly wants to run the ball out of the gun this year and beyond, I’d rather have the OL get acclimated to zone blocking this year than have Crow perform slightly better for his last year.

I am a big proponent of molding your offense to your players strengths, except for when that player probably won’t be here.

On 10/9/2017 at 10:39 AM, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

I don’t think Hue really cares about Crow’s strengths. I don’t see Crow being a part of this team next year. Hue seemingly wants to run the ball out of the gun this year and beyond, I’d rather have the OL get acclimated to zone blocking this year than have Crow perform slightly better for his last year.

I am a big proponent of molding your offense to your players strengths, except for when that player probably won’t be here.

Do you really see the ZBS as playing to the strength of our OL as a whole?

8 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Do you really see the ZBS as playing to the strength of our OL as a whole?

Not at all. It’s a weakness now, in fact. But it also is a system that takes time and repetition with the same group, so that makes sense why we’d struggle with it now. And if we’re trying to implement a system, I can see why we wouldn’t stick solely with power to help out one player.

know you’ve already noticed this, but for others who don’t really watch the OL - Hue runs a solid mix between zone and power blocking schemes. And it’s not a I-Form/Shotgun split either, we’ll have shotgun plays with power blocking schemes and I-Form plays with outside zone. 

By my eye, Crow is a minus zone runner. His strength is knowing the hole, hitting the hole, and then planting his foot and turning upfield. He doesn’t excel at patiently waiting to find the cutback lane.

If we’re going to be implementing Hue’s philosophy fully and running a mixture of both, I’d think he’d want a guy who can do both. That’s not Crow.

someone sure is dumb in the 'hiring department' for this franchise. man, there are suckers out there, and i'm no talking the kind TCPO likes.............(skinny and bearded).

what 'genius' thought hue jackson was HC material? did anyone ever check his resume or did he come in with a runny inked napkin to sell himself? a hire to appease one part of society and let them know how diverse cleveland is? what a flippin joke. did sashi and hue come in and do the scatman crothers hand jive for Jimmah?

all this breakdown of schemes and we should do this or that..........GTFO!!

all these top 5 picks we passed on (QBs) are playing lights out compared to hue's genius qb whisperer picks. 

to our positive fans: thanks for hanging in there..........you know, your head in a jar of gasoline. for all the negative fans right now (me included): play these chumps all year  to see what we got in them. i don't care if they have 10 concussions or a hangnail. they all suck or aren't available cuz he 'gots a little boo boo". all these players that sashi 'had' to pick (according to you wise guys to rebuild foundation...PFFFFT) are Sheet. 2 years a go it was nassib or coleman or some 5th rounder everyone was raving about. are they doing anything this year? funny, i don't see them in highlights at the end of the game as the leader of a team that just won a game and have the best record in the NFC.

we need more time. every year it's the same Sheet by the same nitwits. NEXT YEAR!!!! ARRRRGH!!!!!!

hue jackson has done Sheet. the ivy league analytical brain trust has done Sheet. in fact, the holmgren fiasco is looking a lot better now after watching (highlights, Shmuck those commie punks) this Sheet show. and if you think that this team is on the upswing and sashi and all you other geniuses drafted to 'find the holes' in the team so NEXT year they'll know what to do in the draft of 2018 you are either dumb as a bag of hair or delusional and on drugs.

everyone here, who has worked all their life would not get another week based on job performance that is being shown in the offices and the sidelines of this cleveland brown franchise.

1 hour ago, miktoxic said:

funny, i don't see them in highlights at the end of the game as the leader of a team that just won a game and have the best record in the NFC.

Another "in depth" analysis...

Pretty sure that individual NFL players are as capitalistic as they come. Well... maybe not Brady who has renegotiated his contract "for the good of the team" a couple times in his career.

1 hour ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Not at all. It’s a weakness now, in fact. But it also is a system that takes time and repetition with the same group, so that makes sense why we’d struggle with it now. And if we’re trying to implement a system, I can see why we wouldn’t stick solely with power to help out one player.

know you’ve already noticed this, but for others who don’t really watch the OL - Hue runs a solid mix between zone and power blocking schemes. And it’s not a I-Form/Shotgun split either, we’ll have shotgun plays with power blocking schemes and I-Form plays with outside zone. 

By my eye, Crow is a minus zone runner. His strength is knowing the hole, hitting the hole, and then planting his foot and turning upfield. He doesn’t excel at patiently waiting to find the cutback lane.

If we’re going to be implementing Hue’s philosophy fully and running a mixture of both, I’d think he’d want a guy who can do both. That’s not Crow.

Agree on all points... to an extent.

I think the ZBS best suits Joe and Tretter. Bito did well in it a couple years ago, but has not been moving like he once did. I don't think it's Coleman's game. Zeitler? Jury is still out, but is power game is strong. So I see one side of the line as not well suited to it... and when you add your "feature back" to the ill-suited list, you are not doing any favors.

Yes, we run either out of both formations, but predominant scheme shifts dramatically with the set. We run a high percentage of gun and ZBS use dominates out of that set. I don't have the breakdown, but 4 or 5 to 1, ZBS to Power, would not surprise me.

Already there on Crow... and looking forward to the crying in 2018 when we "let him go"...

Hue even sees the writing on the wall.  He is starting hogan trying to scramble and save his job.  Anyone can see that...of course anyone can see he needs to hire an OC and should have started Hogan all along.

Hey..Remember when we were 4-0 in preseason?  Proof it doesnt mean Sheet!  Meaningless games

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Another "in depth" analysis...

Pretty sure that individual NFL players are as capitalistic as they come. Well... maybe not Brady who has renegotiated his contract "for the good of the team" a couple times in his career.

Agree on all points... to an extent.

I think the ZBS best suits Joe and Tretter. Bito did well in it a couple years ago, but has not been moving like he once did. I don't think it's Coleman's game. Zeitler? Jury is still out, but is power game is strong. So I see one side of the line as not well suited to it... and when you add your "feature back" to the ill-suited list, you are not doing any favors.

Yes, we run either out of both formations, but predominant scheme shifts dramatically with the set. We run a high percentage of gun and ZBS use dominates out of that set. I don't have the breakdown, but 4 or 5 to 1, ZBS to Power, would not surprise me.

Already there on Crow... and looking forward to the crying in 2018 when we "let him go"...

i'm not here for analysis. i'm here as a fan. name one thing i said that isn't true Mr. X and Os?

god knows our rookies are tearing up the league.....

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

From what I've seen so far, I'd put that closer to 2 or 3 to 1. We've run a decent amount of power/trap from shotgun. More than I thought I'd see. Zone is obviously still the heavier call, but there's been a surprising amount of power calls on early downs from the gun. 

What I'd be interested to know is if that is by design or if it's because we are forced to utilize more early-down shotgun looks because of Kizer and instead are trying to keep some semblance of a regular gameplan intact.

Another thing that I can't understand is how we don't have a Offensive identity. NONE, Always a rookie qb or a washed up has been from another team that maybe played decent 15 years ago. Our wide outs are who? Not a 1 would ever draw double coverage and when you look around the NFL most other teams have a great NO 1 and a decent number 2, And you look at us and see Kenny (I can't catch) Britt who would be a NO 3 on any other team if he would play at all. Not that I think all of our troubles would end with a Randy Moss type but it sure the Hell would help. Time will tell if we have our future QB but with no weapons we will never know. I really don't see Higgins or Louis will even be In the NFL in 2 years but who knows, I said the same thing about Taylor G who is doing well in Atlanta.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Besides the "communist" thing?

well if i called them what i really think they are i would get 5 negative points already added to my very low score from OZ who is behind the curtain and judges people on their words on an internet FORUM.

leftist commie scumbags. players are in a whole nother category.

one of my best friends and i had a real down to earth conversation about everything that he feels what is wrong about this country since obama left office (yes, he's black, imagine that?). his take on the woes of the nfl, gun violence, opioid prob and everything else and in between is because of slavery. yep, he spiderwebs every problem this country has ever had to slavery. so you and your ancestors (mine as well, cuz i'm white) are the root of all evil and the reason why chicago is the murder capitol of the US. meanwhile he came over cuz he didn't want to pay $80 at the Apple store on a cable for a computer i gave him last year knowing i've been working on macs since the 80s and had an extra cable he could come over and grab for free.

those are my typical friends....black, white, brown, tan, yellow, red etc. etc. what can I do for THEM. never the other way around. maybe now you understand my cynicism of everyone who walks the face of this planet. bitch about 'it's their right to take a knee in protest'!!! well it's my right to bitch about it and as a vet call them out cuz they haven't done Sheet for this country like 80% of the snowflakes on this board.

WOOOO! button pusher. i need a Socktail! and a walk.

ok, go ahead and nitpick. who is that good out of these 2 drafts that another GM would drop his hot cup of coffee and be calling the browns right this second if said player was being shopped for trade.....? i see a lot of bums and some guys that may be good. no jaw droppers (unless you like DEs with glass legs).

yep sashi's a genious!!!!

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 3.19.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 3.19.47 PM.png

30 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

well if i called them what i really think they are i would get 5 negative points already added to my very low score from OZ who is behind the curtain and judges people on their words on an internet FORUM.

leftist commie scumbags. players are in a whole nother category.

one of my best friends and i had a real down to earth conversation about everything that he feels what is wrong about this country since obama left office (yes, he's black, imagine that?). his take on the woes of the nfl, gun violence, opioid prob and everything else and in between is because of slavery. yep, he spiderwebs every problem this country has ever had to slavery. so you and your ancestors (mine as well, cuz i'm white) are the root of all evil and the reason why chicago is the murder capitol of the US. meanwhile he came over cuz he didn't want to pay $80 at the Apple store on a cable for a computer i gave him last year knowing i've been working on macs since the 80s and had an extra cable he could come over and grab for free.

those are my typical friends....black, white, brown, tan, yellow, red etc. etc. what can I do for THEM. never the other way around. maybe now you understand my cynicism of everyone who walks the face of this planet. bitch about 'it's their right to take a knee in protest'!!! well it's my right to bitch about it and as a vet call them out cuz they haven't done Sheet for this country like 80% of the snowflakes on this board.

WOOOO! button pusher. i need a Socktail! and a walk.

Dude, hit me up with a grand bro!

On 10/13/2017 at 1:48 PM, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

From what I've seen so far, I'd put that closer to 2 or 3 to 1. We've run a decent amount of power/trap from shotgun. More than I thought I'd see. Zone is obviously still the heavier call, but there's been a surprising amount of power calls on early downs from the gun. 

What I'd be interested to know is if that is by design or if it's because we are forced to utilize more early-down shotgun looks because of Kizer and instead are trying to keep some semblance of a regular gameplan intact.

Could be I overestimated...

Raised another question in my mind... why no pistol? It is a reasonable compromise. Want to say we ran some lat year, but can't be sure. More sure that we haven't used it at all this season.

Archived