THE BROWNS BOARD

I dont think we win a single game

Clevfan4life

If the bengals blow us out and we cant overcome the jets, where is that one win? It aint the chargers, they wont be our huckleberrys 2 years in a row and bosa/ingram are gonna Sheet all over our o line. They had two sacks each today against the giants. Rivers is going to torch us deep too. The jags? Nope, they just assShmucked the steelers. Maybe the 2nd blt game? I dunno. But this team needs virtually the entire roster save some of the rookies, just overhauled. 

So many games in the NFL come down to a FG, and we don't have a kicker we can trust.  It's almost comical at this point.  When we went into half time down 3 points after dominating the game, I knew we were going to lose, as many of you did too.  That being said, I think this game demonstrates our ability to move the ball, stop others teams from moving it, and provides us with a little hope for winning a couple of games.  We have a legit DE in Garrett, and our secondary looks decent for the most part.  We're great at stopping the run, and we would be on the door of 5 or 6 wins if we didn't turn it over so much.  The turnovers are what kill our defense, and it's obvious.  

The biggest problem, other than losing, of this game is our QB situation.  There's absolutely no way we can play Kizer at this point.  Hell, I can't think of why we'd WANT TO.  The QB of the future?  What the heck is wrong with Hogan?  Hogan was playing with PRACTICE SQUAD receivers, and he was putting the ball right on them.  He has a good pace to his throws, and the ball gets there but doesn't come too hot, or too low.  You think Njoku catches the ball one-handed if Kizer slings it?  Nope.  We keep talking about our QB of the future, but do we already have him?  Is Hogan something MORE than just a spot duty back up?  He's mobile, decisive, and spreads the ball around to everyone.  Furthermore, he gets the ball to NJOKU!  Njoku is one of our only playmakers, yet how many receptions does he have when Kizer's in the game?  

I'm not saying Kevin Hogan is going to be Steve Young or anything, but go back and look at every one of his throws this game, and tell me what he could've done differently.  Yes, his one interception was basically the end of the game, but he made the correct read, and GOD FORBID the opposition not come down with the pick when the ball is in the air.  I swear to God, every single time there's a deflection, the other team makes a miraculous catch.  I'm getting so damn tired of it.  We had a couple of deflections on McCown, one that popped WAY up in the air, but do you think WE could pick it off?  You think OUR defender swept in out of nowhere to pick it off?  No, of course not.  But you can bet your butt cheeks that if our QB threw a pass that popped up in the air, the other team would catch it with one hand and moon-walk into the end zone while grabbing their crotch and saying, "HEE-HEE, SCHO-MON!"

36 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Ill make my prediction right now and y'all can hold me to it. Trubisky lights us up and that monday ghoolie is in here with his  tits in our face

In all of his D cup glory. 

7 hours ago, LBC mike said:

The play calling was horrible cost us points two missed field goals hurt.  That going for it on fourth down and getting stuffed was like wtf.

^^ the going for it on 4th WAS because of the missed FGs. Hue lost confidence in his kicker. Like they say, if you can't make a yard, you don't deserve to win. I was at the game, and haven't reviewed the tape yet. Add in the two turnovers in the Red zone killed us. Can't comment on the fumbled pitch, but Kizer's int was right in front of me- and it was horrendously bad. With competent kicking and no turnovers there- we left 12 points slide away- minimum. 

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

^^ the going for it on 4th WAS because of the missed FGs. Hue lost confidence in his kicker. Like they say, if you can't make a yard, you don't deserve to win. I was at the game, and haven't reviewed the tape yet. Add in the two turnovers in the Red zone killed us. Can't comment on the fumbled pitch, but Kizer's int was right in front of me- and it was horrendously bad. With competent kicking and no turnovers there- we left 12 points slide away- minimum. 

I don't have any issue going for it on 4th down... my issue with Hue on that one is having to burn a time out because he couldn't make up his mind. 

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

I disagree. That was a lost opportunity to restore his kicker's confidence and to tie the game when we are having obvious problems with points in short yardage redzone. Hue is an idiot when it comes to quick PROPER decision making and horrible in clock management.

14 hours ago, Orion said:

We'll get our win against the Bears.

I cant see it.  Heck, the beat the Steelers.  I'm with CleveFan, we don't win a game.  Lots of fans on this board look at teams and think we should win because of prior records.  You have to look at how they're playing now.

2 hours ago, dawg2fan said:

I cant see it.  Heck, the beat the Steelers. 

I'm thinking that, by then, they'll be out of the playoff picture and looking past us to the end of the season coming up.  - I predicted all last season that we'd get a Christmas present from the Chargers.

14 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I'll bet that we do win a game. Who wants to take it? OP?

I think they will win a game too, but I'm damned if I have any idea which one, and I wouldn't put money on it.

Archived