THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue Jackson's Jet's Presser

stillmotion

2 hours ago, D Bone said:

You obviously didn't watch today's game? The Head Coach is the only one to blame. 

I disagreed with the time out he blew when he decided to go for it on 4th and 1. The offense was was generally ugly BUT Hue didn't miss two damn field goals. That cost us this game. It would have been an ugly win but a win none the less. It also speaks volumes for our talent when the highest targeted receiver just joined off a practice squad this week. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I disagreed with the time out he blew when he decided to go for it on 4th and 1. The offense was was generally ugly BUT Hue didn't miss two damn field goals. That cost us this game. It would have been an ugly win but a win none the less. 

Hue's personnel packages (Starting Kizer, Duke on the F'n bench), combined with his scatterbrained play calling and game day HC decisions (TOs, when to go/punt, ect..) are making what limited talent the Browns have look totally inept...... I swear sometimes it looks like he wants to lose. 

1 hour ago, Mudfly said:

and youd think a good coach would see just how brilliant shashi is and be eager to coach the landslide of talent coming into this soon to be proud franchise.....I mean, I keep getting told how Im blind to the brilliance of this rebuild, wouldnt you think smart professional football people would see it and want to be a part of it????

seriously/////

or do they think this is a hopeless situation too?...cant be both ways can it?.....brilliant yet unattractive?

First off what's with all the slashes? ///////

Talent doesn't really matter if you'll get run off after two years pretty much no matter what. Talent still needs time to adjust to a new scheme. So no, the dichotomy you set up is not a true one. 

3 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Hue's personnel packages (Starting Kizer, Duke on the F'n bench), combined with his scatterbrained play calling and game day HC decisions (TOs, when to go/punt, ect..) are making what limited talent the Browns have look totally inept...... I swear sometimes it looks like he wants to lose. 

I've seen middle school coaches make better gameday decision than Hue does. And they actually think about these decisions before gameday arrives and don't waste timeouts to implement them. Too many no brainers that really are no brainers for Hue.

7 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Talent still needs time to adjust to a new scheme. So no, the dichotomy you set up is not a true one. 

I guess the Rams' new HC didn't get the memo that he can't take a 4-12 team and win with them right away...... Maybe it's just youthful ignorance on his part?  

17 minutes ago, wargograw said:

First off what's with all the slashes? ///////

It just happens......I mean to do this......(the dot thing), but instead do this///////(which I will now call the slash thing)

Talent doesn't really matter if you'll get run off after two years pretty much no matter what. Talent still needs time to adjust to a new scheme. So no, the dichotomy you set up is not a true one. 

Probably not.....now Im just being a smart butt.....considering Im being told what a great job this coach and FO are doing.....I assumed someone outside of the org could see it.....(but we know the truth.....winky winky)

24 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Hue's personnel packages....(bite?)

He doesnt know....he's hung his hat on 3 qb's in only one and a quarter seasons...earthmoverguy.....trustmeguy....andkizerguy.....

Trust me on this one.....he doesnt know.....and is full of it

Hue now has one of the lowest winning %'s in NFL history.

36 games - 9 - 27    250%

but He's better than Bert Bell - 10-46-2  179%

Gus Bradley 14-48   226%

sadly Romeo Crennel had a higher win % than him at 337%

Hue is better than Rod Rust, the GOAT of bad coaching (1-15) 063%

17612--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg?itok=8xQvS

Rod Rust (career record: 1-15) In 1990, the splendidly named Rod Rust was finally hired for his first head-coaching job at the age of 61. It felt like a prank. The Patriots basically made him captain of a raft of Sheet over which Rust would have absolutely no control. His quarterback options were Marc Wilson, Tom Hodson, and 37-year-old Steve Grogan. Reporter Lisa Olson was sexually harassed by several players in the locker room. Irving Fryar and Hart Lee Dykes got the Sheet kicked out of them outside a nightclub, an incident that resulted in gun charges against Fryar, though a grand jury declined to indict him. Rod Rust won his second game. He didn't win another. After the season, the Pats hired a new CEO, who promptly fired Rod Rust.

7 hours ago, Tacosman said:

we are stuck with him for the year.....but we certainly can find plenty of other people who want the job and are qualified candidates at the end of the year.

Also, changing the head coach doesn't mean 'starting over'.  It doesn't mean we scratch this rebuild and start a new one.  We can still develop the mostly crappy players we draftd over the last couple of years.  Just with a hc who hasnt proven himself to lose 90% of his nfl games.

95% with the Browns, but I'm going to stop pulling out the calculator...  

6 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

This roster is a lot better than it was

Then why can't we win a stinking game? 

6 hours ago, Marc1971 said:

If we go 1-6 in the next seven games, we're gonna tie the 1976-77 Bucs (who started 2-26 in their first two NFL seasons  ever)..

Duly noted... 

6 hours ago, wargograw said:

We should go with y'all's plan. Replace the head coach! That's worked so well for us!

We can start by replacing the kicker first. LOL, they're dime-a-dozen.  :D  

13 hours ago, wargograw said:

The word paucity doesn't make you sound nearly as smart as you think it does, hoss.

Yes, 1-20 is historically bad. BUT, OUR TEAM IS HISTORICALLY UNTALENTED.

well that's how people get fired. name another job anywhere where you could get away with a .5% win percentage or work performance percentage?

i blame it more on those snake charmers in the FO. all those picks and benefited ZERO from any of them.

21 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

well that's how people get fired. name another job anywhere where you could get away with a .5% win percentage or work performance percentage?

i blame it more on those snake charmers in the FO. all those picks and benefited ZERO from any of them.

I don't think it's the picks per se. Bring in any decent experienced HC and this team starts winning a few. The one we have is clueless. I haven't heard one QB whisper work because he's whispering the wrong sheet (will spelling it that way translate back to s*h*i*t?).

I've accepted my lot in life as a Cleveland fan. The Browns will make the wrong decision no matter what. If they keep hue, they will lose, if they replace hue, they will lose. Losing football games is a time honored tradition in this town, and who is haslams funky bunch to go against tradition? 

20 hours ago, D Bone said:

I guess the Rams' new HC didn't get the memo that he can't take a 4-12 team and win with them right away...... Maybe it's just youthful ignorance on his part?  

I should have added an exception for when your team's pretty loaded. We are nowhere close to the Rams talent-wise. It's also pretty early in the season. At this point 4 years ago you probably thought Pettine was the next Belichik too.

3 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I should have added an exception for when your team's pretty loaded. We are nowhere close to the Rams talent-wise. It's also pretty early in the season. At this point 4 years ago you probably thought Pettine was the next Belichik too.

I have to say I'm feeling a little better now for like Goff better than Wentz when they entered the Draft. Who knows who is better longterm, but it was a completely one-sided affair last year.

Archived