4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

#BabySteps

This Baby Duke is walking & talking now

Gotta crawl before you walk. but this is ridiculous progress    

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

If we’re being completely honest, I’ve seen more rational articles from National publications about the state of the Browns than I have from any Cleveland-based news organizations or reporters.

Understandable when your job depends upon clicks. But there are a couple of locals... Pluto has wavered some, but is still pretty objective. Pat McMahon was hanging in there very well last I read him.

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Anyone with a brain who has watched the last 21 games...... Guess you've missed them, or maybe just turned off the TV so you didn't know the outcome? 

You can do better than this... I've seen you do it...

35 minutes ago, D Bone said:

OK, serious question to you TCPO. We all have our limits on anything, so hypothetically speaking, say the Browns continue to lose with the guys they have in place, what do you think your number is until you're like "phukit, this ain't working, something has to change"?

I guess for me it was 1-20. For others here it was 0-1....... What do you guess yours is? 

This is a serious question to see where your patience level stops, or at least where you think it stops.... I thought I could easily get through this year "no matter how bad it got", but I guess I was wrong.

Mind if I cut in? Tough Sheet if it's not...

I'm good for 2017 come what may. It's the advantage of having bought into what I see happening. The disadvantage is trying to buoy up the lion's share of this Board with few, but quite capable, allies.

And I will participate fully in the Kizer verdict and 2018 plan... all the time awaiting the unveiling of the only plan that matters. As it's unveiled, I'll assess and get back to you.

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

You can do better than this... I've seen you do it...

Mind if I cut in? Tough Sheet if it's not...

I'm good for 2017 come what may. It's the advantage of having bought into what I see happening. The disadvantage is trying to buoy up the lion's share of this Board with few, but quite capable, allies.

And I will participate fully in the Kizer verdict and 2018 plan... all the time awaiting the unveiling of the only plan that matters. As it's unveiled, I'll assess and get back to you.

Oh, I can do way better.... just didn't feel like it. I always take into account with whom I'm conversing with. 

Don't mind a bit if you cut in T, you know that. In fact, I hope everyone cuts in, as I'm just looking for their honest opinions while not trying to condescendingly force my opinion on them......... We have at least one of those dudes already in this place, and need more of them like the Browns need loses. 

For me, it's not all about the lone win and 20 loses - although I'd be lying if I said that wasn't part of it, but it's simply that I don't see us getting better overall. Yea the D looks better, but the offense, STs and most of all, the game day coaching decisions are just abysmal. I'm "OK" with the FO, but honestly, I'm done with Hue and I was one of his biggest backers.

Hopefully we will never have to test your, TCPO and War's patience limits because you guys were all right while we were all wrong, and we start to win some damn football games in the foreseeable future.........I can wait for Super X season to get here.

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

OK, serious question to you TCPO. We all have our limits on anything, so hypothetically speaking, say the Browns continue to lose with the guys they have in place, what do you think your number is until you're like "phukit, this ain't working, something has to change"?

I guess for me it was 1-20. For others here it was 0-1....... What do you guess yours is? 

This is a serious question to see where your patience level stops, or at least where you think it stops.... I thought I could easily get through this year "no matter how bad it got", but I guess I was wrong. 

I could see us going 1-15 again this year and it wouldn’t bother me as long as we see signs of life in certain aspects. Right now, we are seeing those signs - we have a young, fiesty defense that’s been missing  quality starters and has still made plays we haven’t seen in a while here. That’s a definite improvement. 

My benchmark is this part of next season. Say a year from today. By that time, I’d expect us to have:

- A QB we are at least mediocre on. If it’s Kizer, he better look a hell of a lot better than he has so far. If it’s not Kizer, I’d expect it to be a top guy in next year’s draft, whoever that may be. 

- A WR1 that can catch the ball at a baseline 60% clip, get separation and make solid to great plays from time to time. I would also love to nab a mid level, young veteran with reliable hands via FA or trade. 

- A true FS, allowing Peppers to move back to SS like he did for a lot of Sunday’s game.

- A nice, explosive RB with good vision. There’s about three or four eligible for this draft that fit that bill. Doesn’t necessarily have to be a workout warrior or a physical freak, but should be well-rounded enough to perform admirably in both power and zone blocking schemes. Plus vision, plus hands. Doesn’t have to be Barkley, but I wouldn’t be opposed to that today. 

With five picks in the first two rounds, that list is not outside the realm of reason at all. I would expect us to have new faces at most, if not all of those positions, and that gives Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, our DT’s and our OL a full year of experience. Plus it seasons Treggs, Williams, Higgins and Louis enough to where one or two will be able to hang on be low-level contributors.

IF we land talent like that, I’ll be happy with the FO. Then, from there...

IF we’re 0-5 or 1-4 next season with that talent, that’s a major concern. That’s when we start looking at coaching replacements.

EDIT TO ADD: I have absolutely no problem admitting I’m wrong about Kizer, if it comes to that. I was wrong about Bortles.

But I’m damn sure not going to do it 5 games into the season.

As I sit here typing this, I don't know how many games I would actually see if they go 1-15 again. I already won't watch Sunday if Kizer starts, because I just can't stomach any more of the kid right now, and could easily see myself missing the last 6 if they are suddenly 0-10.

I have never been, nor will I ever be a patient man - admittedly sometimes to a fault, but if you guys are "OK" (not happy, but accepting) with back-2-back 1-15 seasons, then you are better men than I.

Again, my opinion changed drastically last Sunday, but I'm not saying I want it all blown up like some do, I've just got Hue in my sights..... I like him as a dude, but not a HC & OC. If he handed the OC controls over to someone else and took a Mike Tomlin role, then I would be all for that...... but I can't wait until another 1-15 season concludes, I just freakin' can't.  

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I literally was going to ask practically the same question.

I don't totally disagree with war or TCPO, and I also totally understand the frustration of the "paycheck to paycheck" Camaro owners.

But I want to know is WHEN is it appropriate to be concerned with the direction of the Browns in your eyes? What is the date when you'll see angry posts by lottery scratch-offers and say: "You know, that guy is right. The Browns are a mess."

If there's no apparent growth in the form of wins in the first month of the 2018 season. 

32 minutes ago, D Bone said:

As I sit here typing this, I don't know how many games I would actually see if they go 1-15 again. I already won't watch Sunday if Kizer starts, because I just can't stomach any more of the kid right now, and could easily see myself missing the last 6 if they are suddenly 0-10.

I have never been, nor will I ever be a patient man - admittedly sometimes to a fault, but if you guys are "OK" (not happy, but accepting) with back-2-back 1-15 seasons, then you are better men than I.

Again, my opinion changed drastically last Sunday, but I'm not saying I want it all blown up like some do, I've just got Hue in my sights..... I like him as a dude, but not a HC & OC. If he handed the OC controls over to someone else and took a Mike Tomlin role, then I would be all for that...... but I can't wait until another 1-15 season concludes, I just freakin' can't.  

I do hope Hue gets an OC at some point. I agree he seems to be a bit of a dopey football coach, but the players love him and he's a motivator. That's worth alot, especially when you have a DC that allows your HC to be totally hands off from an actual coaching standpoint. 

13 hours ago, D Bone said:

Not sure about "better"... more patient cettainly, but due to seeing "the plan" and believing in it.

Here's the thing about Kizer... as I've been posting I've seen progress. He is seeing the field better, reading Ds better, which is not the same as seeing the individual defender/receiver relationship as we painfully saw in the Goalline INT Sunday. But I will keep watching because this is something where he can literally "get it" in a single moment... it can be like a light switch flipping on... and I want to see that moment if it comes.

It's vision vs. focus. It's similar to the "art" that was the rage in the 90's where if you defocused on the surface looking past the surface a picture appeared. It's similar to speed-reading where you take in blocks of words rather than reading them one at a time. Once you see the first picture... absorb the first block of words... it's easy the next time.

If this happens, then it will come down to touch... and that's just repetitions... tons of repetitions... that if vision is achieved will get a little easier.

Hue? Yeah... been an OC advocate since last season. I'll give him this season tho. However, unless there's a drastic improvement in our post-season review I explain to him that this franchise will have an OC next year either with him or without him. Ditto for a time out/ replay assistant.

18 hours ago, wargograw said:

If you're not calling for the firing then why are you responding? This thread wasn't meant for you. 

If he loses out the rest of the year, or only wins one game, and keeps up the poor clock management, boneheaded decisions, and has another QB next year who "shook the earth" and is his guy, then i'll be calling for his firing, but not now. I'm really happy Hogan is getting a chance since at this point, dude is the better quarterback, but now we have a QB controversy, and who knows what the heck with plan is with Kizer. Are we trying to win or develop players? Or is Hue just unsure, or desperate.

9 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

If he loses out the rest of the year, or only wins one game, and keeps up the poor clock management, boneheaded decisions, and has another QB next year who "shook the earth" and is his guy, then i'll be calling for his firing, but not now. I'm really happy Hogan is getting a chance since at this point, dude is the better quarterback, but now we have a QB controversy, and who knows what the heck with plan is with Kizer. Are we trying to win or develop players? Or is Hue just unsure, or desperate.

Regarding Hue, I think both. Pretty sure him and the analytics guys didn't expect Kizer to suck this bad. I think Jackson saw- as 92% of the PD fans who took the poll clearly saw- Hogan has outplayed Deshone by a mile. So if Hue's about "building a winning culture" he had no choice but to sit the chosen one and start Hogan. 

Looks like I'll be watchin' a Browns game this Sunday after all...... Looking forward to Hogan under center (hopefully a lot more than shotgun). 

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Regarding Hue, I think both. Pretty sure him and the analytics guys didn't expect Kizer to suck this bad. I think Jackson saw- as 92% of the PD fans who took the poll clearly saw- Hogan has outplayed Deshone by a mile. So if Hue's about "building a winning culture" he had no choice but to sit the chosen one and start Hogan. 

Or this was all part of his Kessler plan, and we just have to trust him.

On 10/10/2017 at 6:45 PM, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Who’s debating it? It doesn’t seem like anyone in the organization is. The only people that seem to be debating it are the fans who thought we’d have 6 wins this year or the people who wanted [insert player here] instead of [insert other player here].

Its weird... the guys with the most on the line don’t really seem to be panicking as much as the guys who are sitting in their armchairs on Sundays.

no they just take easy taking a knee or stretching their nads while the nat'l anthem plays with 100% of the fans looking at them and booing..........and people like me who don't watch a second of any game unless it's hand to me on a platter like some prime rib.

those "guys" are going to quickly get a lesson in biz 101. money means everything to the owners and players and the shield itself.

change, it's a comin. 

if sashi and co. make it through the year and get the picks next year and he DOESN"T pick 'the' QB cleveland will implode into the rusted roof river called shittsville once again. rinse and repeat. no wins you prob won't see them ever again except in your steroid driven bukkake fantasy dreamland.

3 hours ago, miktoxic said:

no they just take easy taking a knee or stretching their nads while the nat'l anthem plays with 100% of the fans looking at them and booing..........and people like me who don't watch a second of any game unless it's hand to me on a platter like some prime rib.

those "guys" are going to quickly get a lesson in biz 101. money means everything to the owners and players and the shield itself.

change, it's a comin. 

if sashi and co. make it through the year and get the picks next year and he DOESN"T pick 'the' QB cleveland will implode into the rusted roof river called shittsville once again. rinse and repeat. no wins you prob won't see them ever again except in your steroid driven bukkake fantasy dreamland.

None of this had anything to do with football.

9 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

None of this had anything to do with football.

Nothing this guy rambles on about has anything to do with anything.

At least he didn't compare Kizer to a monkey again, though. That's progress, I suppose.

20 hours ago, miktoxic said:

... with 100% of the fans looking at them and booing

You must be watching, and listening to, different games than I have...

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

You must be watching, and listening to, different games than I have...

i know..........and hillary won too with unicorns and a pot of gold.

i'll lay a six pack on the line saying goodell is gonna come out after this meeting saying he'll enforce the policy of standing for the nat'l anthem (which is already on the books) because that's what the league stands for ,,,,,,(cough) and making loot. stay in the locker room or tunnel if you can't deal with it.

come on, you in? (doubt it, cuz u know i'm right).

2 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Giving up the 6th most points in the NFL, isn't that really the most important thing.  Or have sabremetrics convinced people the Browns don't stink?

Shhhhh, don't bring up points during The Process, and God forbid, never - and I do mean never, speak of wins and losses. 

On 10/14/2017 at 5:30 PM, Tour2ma said:

lol...

And you're on, mik... but for a case...

too much for SHIPPING. shoulda agreed to the OG bet.

man it must be a bitch being right all the time. happ times in foggy town my friend!!

6 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Giving up the 6th most points in the NFL, isn't that really the most important thing.  Or have sabremetrics convinced people the Browns don't stink?

No it’s not, but no they haven’t. 

On 10/13/2017 at 11:50 AM, miktoxic said:

i'll lay a six pack on the line saying goodell is gonna come out after this meeting saying he'll enforce the policy of standing for the nat'l anthem (which is already on the books) because that's what the league stands for ,,,,,,(cough) and making loot. stay in the locker room or tunnel if you can't deal with it.

come on, you in? (doubt it, cuz u know i'm right).

On 10/14/2017 at 4:30 PM, Tour2ma said:

And you're on, mik... but for a case...

So did I win? And if so, what?

16 hours ago, miktoxic said:

too much for SHIPPING. shoulda agreed to the OG bet.

man it must be a bitch being right all the time. happ times in foggy town my friend!!

lol... nevermind... I'll take the shirt... and you can buy a couple rounds when I next hit NY.

6 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You must have voted for Hillary if you believe that.:lol:

You mean like a plurality of the voters?

17 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

You mean like a plurality of the voters?

Here are the final numbers:

Clinton received 65,844,610 votes, or 48.2% of the total vote.

Trump received 62,979,636 votes, or 46.1% of the total vote. (That's adifference of 2.86 million votes.)

The remaining 5.7% of the vote went to other candidates, like Gary Johnson, Jill Stein, Evan McMullin, and, I don't know, write-ins for flesh-eating bacteria.

Constitutional republics in action.

Archived