THE BROWNS BOARD

Cheney and the Americin enterprise institute

osusev

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20090521...BM5C96UBe0DW7oF

I like the term "misstatements" meaning LIES....

The republican party needs this self serving popous ass creating more publicity like someone on fire needs gasoline added.

You would think that being a "ex" head of Halliburton and quadrupling your companies stock value thru War profiteering and "no BID" contracts while being president ahem I mean vice president shaping foreign policy.

Crashing the American economy thru deregulation and 3 more tax cuts (that mainly benefitted the wealthy and corps) while nation building and wars in two countries should have been enough... Tearing down the Constitution and making the executive branch into a dictorial power along with rewriting laws to fit any illegal action you want should have been enough. Giving Stassi LIke powers to the FBI and government should have been enough...

Another COWARD!! WHO DID NOT SERVE DURING WAR TIME AND DODGED DUTY SENDING SOLDIERS TO WAR should have been enough! IT truly amazes me that these two cowards who dodged service during vietnam can talk about the "cost" of war like they actually know.

I truly despise Cheney and basically Everything he stands for. My father served voluntarily for Vietnam while this coward like Bush Jr. Dodged and yet this idiot talks about "safety" of our nation and torture like he understands.

This guy is a Liar and scum of the first order and the republican party needs to shut down his public access because all he is doing is hurting them. Showing the general public this guy and that they have NO other individual or change of ideas/positions again will relegate them to a minority status.

It truly amazes me how out of touch with reality and what extremes they go to justify clear lies and unlawful behavior.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20090521...BM5C96UBe0DW7oF

I like the term "misstatements" meaning LIES....

The republican party needs this self serving popous ass creating more publicity like someone on fire needs gasoline added.

You would think that being a "ex" head of Halliburton and quadrupling your companies stock value thru War profiteering and "no BID" contracts while being president ahem I mean vice president shaping foreign policy.

Crashing the American economy thru deregulation and 3 more tax cuts (that mainly benefitted the wealthy and corps) while nation building and wars in two countries should have been enough... Tearing down the Constitution and making the executive branch into a dictorial power along with rewriting laws to fit any illegal action you want should have been enough. Giving Stassi LIke powers to the FBI and government should have been enough...

Another COWARD!! WHO DID NOT SERVE DURING WAR TIME AND DODGED DUTY SENDING SOLDIERS TO WAR should have been enough! IT truly amazes me that these two cowards who dodged service during vietnam can talk about the "cost" of war like they actually know.

I truly despise Cheney and basically Everything he stands for. My father served voluntarily for Vietnam while this coward like Bush Jr. Dodged and yet this idiot talks about "safety" of our nation and torture like he understands.

This guy is a Liar and scum of the first order and the republican party needs to shut down his public access because all he is doing is hurting them. Showing the general public this guy and that they have NO other individual or change of ideas/positions again will relegate them to a minority status.

It truly amazes me how out of touch with reality and what extremes they go to justify clear lies and unlawful behavior.

Wheeewwww----------

I truly despise Cheney and basically Everything he stands for.

That sums it up and why this is simply a blog piece.

I don't like Cheney all that much myself, but if you are going to write article using a ounce of journalistic professionalism, you don't interject something like that as it says everything you need to say.

That guy deserves 2 slaps in the face for that.

That sums it up and why this is simply a blog piece.

I don't like Cheney all that much myself, but if you are going to write article using a ounce of journalistic professionalism, you don't interject something like that as it says everything you need to say.

That guy deserves 2 slaps in the face for that.

Perhaps. But Cheney deserves to be tried for war crimes. Guess they're even!

Time again to point out that you MUST be a war vet to hold office and send soldiers to war UNLESS you're a Democrat.

Hiring Haliburton via "no bid" instead of a French corporqtion is bad unless you're a Democrat.

Military deferment is an act of cowardice unless you're a Democrat.

We know.

Aside from that shall we once again list the horrors of Iraq while extolling the great and noble cause in Viet Nam?

Thanks.

WSS

Perhaps. But Cheney deserves to be tried for war crimes. Guess they're even!

Sorry mz the pussy...who's side are you on in this deal??

Sorry man.....keep your eye on the ball. The more you look back, the more stuff you will miss that is happening right under your nose.

Sorry mz the pussy...who's side are you on in this deal??

Sorry man.....keep your eye on the ball. The more you look back, the more stuff you will miss that is happening right under your nose.

Dick Cheney, George Bush and Donald Rumsfeld, to name a few, deserve to be tried for war crimes for starting a farce of a war killing thousands of Americans and countless innocent Iraqis. That is tanamount to murder in my eyes.

I'm on justice's side, Mr. Peen.

If anything, you should be pissed at these idiots, too. They essentially tortured and illegally held what are most likely dangerous folks, pretty much ensuring they will never see proper justice if these cases ever get to trial. What idiots.

And thanks for the tip, man. You've really opened my eyes.

Time again to point out that you MUST be a war vet to hold office and send soldiers to war UNLESS you're a Democrat.

Hiring Haliburton via "no bid" instead of a French corporqtion is bad unless you're a Democrat.

Military deferment is an act of cowardice unless you're a Democrat.

We know.

Aside from that shall we once again list the horrors of Iraq while extolling the great and noble cause in Viet Nam?

Thanks.

WSS

This is not a matter of qualification but a matter of CHARACTER. Its Actions and decisions an individual can be assessed on what kind of character he or she is. Everything else is lip service.

You have a mandatory draft during a time of war and you find ways to dodge duty yet you aspire to be in office to order others to do what you were not willing to see hypocritical to me.

This is not about Party for me when I rant about Cheney or Bush but a matter of what they have done personally and their character. Leading by example is what a true leader should do and one I would want the leader of our country to have lived by.

I do find "no bid" contracts idiotic as I find the privatization of military services and outsourcing to private corps who are not held responsible or have the same oversight needed. I do find Cheney who was so staunchly against being mired in Iraq as Sec of Defense for Bush SR. suddenly made a position switch after being CEO of Halliburton who happens to EXTREMELY war profiteer. Iraq and the motives are now CLEARLY been proven to be a agenda not linked with Al Queda that the admin was using or making up anything to justify our invasion.

Cheney IS a COWARD and So was Bush Jr. that has nothing to do with party or the positions they were barely elected to. They are cowards by actions and now hypocritically order others to do what they hid from is a huge point of contention for me. They are not leaders by action, they are leaders by networking and influence which normally are the worse kind. Now look at our economy and country helped in large by their "leadership".

As for Vietnam... At least is was hypothetically about stopping communism not a monetary benefit for war profiteering and oil.

Let me guess you are 'sensitive" about judgement for those who dont serve because you did not. It does not matter if you did not because you are not ordering others to do what they were clearly hiding from.

I do prefer leaders who can order the military to have some military background because of CHARACTER CHOICES THEY HAVE PROVEN BY ACTION, not because it inherently gives them "expertise" or understanding greater than those who do not. This again is about character judgement based on previous action in their lives, all of the speeches and rhetoric dont mean as much as their prior actions.

That same quality is what made me pro Mccain in the beginning, however his positions and rhetoric that he pandered to eventually outweighed his character strengths. In essence he sold out who he was to take a shot at the Presidency. I think VERY highly of Mccain but unfortunately he never really had the mental accuity needed to lead us out of this mess we are in. Is he a Patriot and has a ton of character strengths? Yes Bush and Cheney did not have what Mccain has personally and Bush definately does not have the Mental capacity that Obama has so basically to me they are the worse possible amalgum of leadership i could of dreamed of. Stupid yet cunning, cowardly yet easy to order others because it is not them, greedy and loyal only to their party and beliefs not country and definataly the types who only want to benefit their crowd not caring what it might cost the country.

Obama must be a MURDERER and a LIAR because he said he'd end it, but he didn't,

and he's continuing the war. murdering innoncent Iraqis and Afghanis.

Impeach Obama now.

He lied to get into office.

Like a rug.

Pull it out from under him.

Its these hardline right wingers who protecest warst all the candy asses so they can go protest wars and unfair practices or whatever the hell they want to do sit around and smoke dope while right wingers protect their freedom.

For the past month since Obamas approval rating slipped into the cellar all his people can do is blame Bush & Cheney while they have no plans or ideas of there own how to fix anything.

All those liberals Commis who wanted Obama in the White House so bad couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

This is not a matter of qualification but a matter of CHARACTER. Its Actions and decisions an individual can be assessed on what kind of character he or she is. Everything else is lip service.

You have a mandatory draft during a time of war and you find ways to dodge duty yet you aspire to be in office to order others to do what you were not willing to see hypocritical to me.

And legal and constitutional deferments for those who are in those situations.

Like me.

Like millions of Americans.

And when I got the high number I didn't go forward with my CO appliction.

But Bush did serve. I didn't Obama didn't and Clinton didn't.

And of the four I'm the only one who didn't send soliers to kill civilians or whatever you peace guys are on about.

You weren't old enough to go to Nam right?

What war did you fight in and why?

And you did it for free right?

WSS

I was in the middle east the first time as part of the REAL coalition that Bush sr put togeather. In South Korea service is mandatory and one I did not have to be drafted or made to go. I could have used my dual citizenship to find a loophole but I proudly went. As for "war" I think Korea has its own special issues with a madman up north and we were trained nonstop about the possibility of the ceasefire ending.

Um as for "pay" in the ROK military if you call it that you might as well wipe your ass with what you are "paid".

Peace guy? what in the world are you talking about? I am not a "peace guy" because I am no where near that stupid or naive. There will never be peace as long as nationalism exists and the competition for natural rescources not to mention fun religions people use to justify their personal agendas.

Cheney is a coward and so was Bush Jr. they dodged active duty because they were connected plain and simple. They had the oppurtunity to do what Mccain did and many others yet they connived and networked themselves into the white house.

Powell is the direction the Republicans SHOULD be going in or listening to, not Cheney or Limbaugh. Had he ran he would of had my vote almost instantly barring major position changes. That guy is a intelligent high character true fiscally conservative republican that has a major grasp on foreign policy as well as appointing and surrounding himself with smart people to compliment him.

Cheney really is doing nothing except reminding everyone of Bush era policies and showing the republican "base" is completely out of touch with reality.

So Cheney didn't want to go into the military...

and Bush was only in the Texas Air National Guard,

I remember reading that Bush volunteered to go to active duty.

But Clinton avoided the military. I guess Clinton was coward too?

Just like guys on this board, just because you didn't want to

go into the service, doesn't mean you are a coward.

Come on....

Peace guy? what in the world are you talking about? I am not a "peace guy" because I am no where near that stupid or naive.

The guys having a fit over of waterboarding (three very bad guys) for political gain.

The ones attacking people like me who chose not to serve.

In Nam, the place lefties have been hyperventilating over for years until now.

The ones screamig for a one sided jihad while Paneta, who ran the rendition torture policy sits in Obama's court,

Not to mention Bills and Obama's civilian death count while bellowing about war crimes.

Demanding closure of gitmo and sending these bastards to even worse hell holes but here.

Showing Al Queda we'll jump when they say jump.

Just don't be hypocrites Dems.

You have power back and we know that's priority one.

WSS

Uh Steve?,

That post makes no sense whatsoever,what the hell are you trying to say?

I'll give you a pass you must have played out last night and inhaled too much second hand smoke!

I'm outside here at the Bay.

Sev was apparently puzzled by who I meant by "peace guys".

If you really truly didn't understand any of it then it shouldn't bother ya.

:)

WSS

LOL,

Your a pisser.

Im not a fan of your argument about Obama having not served route ,was he drafted or avoided the draft?

Gosh no.

He wasn 't legally bound to go kill anybody, and chose not to serve.

Just like me and Cheney.

He has, however, sent "our children to die" and "murdered" civilians just as the evil war criminal Bush did, No?

I know Clinton dodged the draft to some extent but he was in college so read into it what you will but when you paint yourself a warhawk just be able to back it up.

Cheney is the ultimate pussy.

Bill's deferment was cool but not Cheney's. Uh...

BTW Bill butchered quite a few Serbs as a PR campaign.

Like Peen I dont begrudge anyone for wanting to avoid vietnam but once you get that pass how can you be expected to be in a position of power over the military and have any credibility?

So you voted McCain?

Like Sgt Hulka said "Son there ain't no draft no more."

This is one of my beef's with Cheney ,the second is his role in the sadistic torture of prisoners of war ,the waterboarding is a very small part in what is an awful policy that did us no good at all and he is directly responsible for.

Enjoy your time at the bay!

And as I asked: when human rights groups were up in arms about Clinton and Panetas policy of rendition (where real torture happened) not a peep.

And no call for Paneta's head today.

Just hypocrisy.

And the weather's been great....

I gotta go torture some patrons!

WSS

Honestly Steve I dont mind or care about Objectors or people who did not want to serve in any way. I just happen to want to hold LEADERS to a HIGHER standard, I really did not like Bill Clinton and thought he was one hell of a salesman/network marketer.

Bill was intelligent which was something BUsh jr clearly was not, Honestly I thought he handled the Bosnian conflict correctly. We were not mired in or caught in a nation building project.

Any person who thinks Powell is not a republican because he voted for Obama over Mccain/Palin and the religous right is not all there. The republican needs to move away from the far right to more moderate and modern positions reflecting the changing American demographics.

I wish they were all about more efficient and fiscally conservative politics along with smart foreign policy. The republicans have to realize that deregulation is a flawed concept when our system can be corrupted by corporate and special interest lobbying. Smart and INDEPENDENT oversight is needed not senators and congressional leaders who have massive contributions from their lobbying groups.

Cheney and AEI who were very influential in Bush's cabinet in forming foreign and domestic economic policy really need to fade away for a while.

This is the same tool kit the Republicans used before.... FEAR of something, it was terrorists before with those wonderful color coded threat levels, now it is of the defecit spending and increasing debt. We all should be concerned and look at the situation critically as to the WHY the defecit has skyrocketed. 3 huge tax cuts in 8 years and expanded entitlements probably have an awful lot of impact on the debt load not to mention 2 wars and gdp contraction caused by deregulation/corruption.

The why needs to be addressed and in the short term propped up by whatever means necessary. Those tax cuts need to be reversed and the medicare entitlements or costs legislated and controlled. The american people proven by the stupid ballot intiative controls California has are spoiled. They want more services but dont want to pay for it.

I dont think Obama or the dems are really addressing the WHY causation of these defecit and economic system problems. I think they are intentionally only doing some things on specific topics that wont risk their political capital too much for his next reelection bid.

I figured Obama was going to move to more moderate positions on the Middle east and Guantanomo, i also still project that he will make more or less symbolic (like the credit card legislation that did not cap interest) gestures with limited functional changes. They will look good on a sound bite or campaign add. He and his group are too smart to jeopardize their reelection bid. I HOPE with a lot of skepticism that our system evens out(which it should late this year or early next year) that when and if he is reelected the "change" he promised actually happens.

Archived