THE BROWNS BOARD

Ok are we done with hogan now?

Clevfan4life

4 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Yes it was, because we are a bad young team. That’s what happens to bad young teams, regardless of who’s at QB.

I’m sure he’ll be just fine on the bench next week.

Bad young teams  don't lose this badly. TC. This is demonstrably worse than 1999.

+ This isn't a rookie defense. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did I say that you don't agree with? 

Young WRs made some rookie mistakes that turned out pretty costly?

The Defense let Watson toast them? 

The Texans were the more physical and disciplined team today.

They won, no excuses about that from me. 

Credit to Houston.

On to the next one. 

Hogan is the answer. We need to play better around him.

22 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

On to the next one. 

What is the question?

What backup QB showed no arm strength and even less accuracy vs the Houston Texans on October 15th, 2017 for the Cleveland Browns?

3 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Ya.... your seriously reaching man.

The guy has no arm. The only thing you could say about him before was he put the ball where it needed to be....today in the starting role he Sheet his pants and let more than 10 balls sail WAY over there target.

His throws were so bad, on the Pass Interferance call at the end of the game they had to pick the flag up because he threw the ball so far over the WR's head they called it uncatchable... 

nevermind.... I just read the post that you blamed Duke for the pick 6. I'll just move on with my life. Carry on.

Arm strength? What are you talking about? Less accuracy? Again, what are you talking about?

I just told you that the WRs were responsible for some of the issues. 

Is Kevin Hogan perfect? Not at all. He's got a lot of room to grow, it's his first game. 

13 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Bad young teams  don't lose this badly. TC. This is demonstrably worse than 1999.

+ This isn't a rookie defense. 

There are two rookies starting, our MLB has zero starts prior to this season, our DT has zero starts before this season, our SS has only four starts before this season.

Outside of Collins and JMac, our next most veteran player is...Kirksey? A guy who wasn’t even considered a full time starter until last season? Shelton... a guy drafted two years ago?

That’s pretty Shmucking close to a rookie defense.

5 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Arm strength? What are you talking about? Less accuracy? Again, what are you talking about?

I just told you that the WRs were responsible for some of the issues. 

Is Kevin Hogan perfect? Not at all. He's got a lot of room to grow, it's his first game. 

And his last one. The dude is awful.

Seriously- Kap would be light years better than any QB on this trainwreck of a team. It's a disgrace to have an NFL team roster with ZERO QB WINS COMBINED. 

I only wished watson would've had 4-5 TD passes. he's more valuable than Peppers, Njoku and Kizer combined. 

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Hogan injured his ribs, threw pitifully after that. Need a couple top wr's in the draft. The so cal qb doesn't impress me,

and I wouldn't draft the other stooge either. Too bad for Hogan , he went against a killer defense, even without Watt.

Defense needs a shutdown corner or two.... I think I'll do a mock draft after this game.

Our so-called QB's... that's been the case for 18 years now, don't know if to laugh or cry.

55 minutes ago, hoorta said:

So give me your analysis what we need to be a "good" team? Kizer sucks, Hogan sucks, Hue sucks, Sashi sucks. Have I covered the bases?

You forgot Jimmy and mrs Jimmy.

48 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Hahahaha. You're dreaming TC. Out played after 15 minutes AGAIN  I don't care if Tom Brady was qbing  the Browns. That was another ugly blowout.

Bring in Tom Brady, or Matt Ryan or whoever and we still won't win because though QB is a big issue and has been for 18 years, it isn't our only deficiency...

Sorry, but Hogan would have been better with no prep. Nobody has a clue what they are supposed to do. Coming off the bench at halftime, just leads toward reaction by both the QB and pass catcher. Watson was pretty meh as well. BoB called screen after screen. Every vertical pass down the middle of the field, he struggled with.

Brady would not play for Hue Jackson. He should be fired.

13 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

There are two rookies starting, our MLB has zero starts prior to this season, our DT has zero starts before this season, our SS has only four starts before this season.

Outside of Collins and JMac, our next most veteran player is...Kirksey? A guy who wasn’t even considered a full time starter until last season? Shelton... a guy drafted two years ago?

Obviously 2nd year players don't count

Today we all saw why even Andy Reid was sending Hogan to PS. To a talent-less roster Hue saw a spark that Hogan gave our offense..JUST LIKE WE DID.. The Truth is Poe, Hogan has had Back-up Reps for Weeks than 1st team reps this past week. Can't explain Hogans poor release point for ball sailing high? But from playing the TE position before, What Hogan & Kessler can't do is be late on sideline routes & back shoulder throws..The CB/S's in this league run faster than their ball is moving..What's even more sad is Hue called for a bunch of them. Hue showed me today with his almost pouting on the sideline looks, he wants Kizer out there..Someone up above him does not. scripted for failure today? Maybe..    

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Credit to Houston.

On to the next one. 

Odd you were so unwilling to give Kizer the same nod.  

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Credit to Houston.

On to the next one. 

I did not expect the Browns to win this game but was hoping for better QB play. If this is what we get out of Hogan we might as well just let Kizer play. I would have prefered Kizer sit to begin the year and was one reason why I wanted us to keep Osweiler around. But given what we have we should just roll with Kizer for the rest of the year, I didn't see anything today that showed me Hogan would give us a better change to win. I think its one thing to come off the bench and another to be the guy, the expectations are different and not everyone handles being the game. Yes out WRs suck, but over throwing them or under throwing them isn't a WR problem its a QB problem.

2 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Sheltons on my bubble now. He has the next 9 or so games to prove he belongs. For comparison did u see how disruptive carlos watkins was? Their 4th round pick i beleive. Dude was doggy walking our o line into the backfield on the reg. Our o line to their credit took him around the qb and hogan was able to step up. But thats a compromised pocket, watkins did his job.

If they had watt and mercilus, omg. Hogan would have had even less real estate to move around. This loss could have been worse which utterly depressing. 

6 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Sheltons on my bubble now. He has the next 9 or so games to prove he belongs. For comparison did u see how disruptive carlos watkins was? Their 4th round pick i beleive. Dude was doggy walking our o line into the backfield on the reg. Our o line to their credit took him around the qb and hogan was able to step up. But thats a compromised pocket, watkins did his job.

If they had watt and mercilus, omg. Hogan would have had even less real estate to move around. This loss could have been worse which utterly depressing. 

..... and I'm guessing Watkins won't dance like a fool after he makes a tackle in a game he's losing badly...... just a thought. 

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

..... and I'm guessing Watkins won't dance like a fool after he makes a tackle in a game he's losing badly...... just a thought. 

Actually he prob would. In any case, danny made a good play...had a good dance too. I want these kids to have fun too. Nothing wrong with celebrating good play, ud hope it gets other guys hyped. It really didnt

danny is 6'2 330, he should be bulling the Shmuck out of ol 1v1. He should not be blockable without someone else helping/chipping

26 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I’m actually decently there with you, he’s been underwhelming in my opinion. I’d like to see more Ogubjobi..

23 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

For comparison did u see how disruptive carlos watkins was? Their 4th round pick i beleive. Dude was doggy walking our o line into the backfield on the reg. Our o line to their credit took him around the qb and hogan was able to step up. But thats a compromised pocket, watkins did his job. 

If it makes ya feel any better:o Sashi gave the Texans the 4th rd. pick to draft Carlos Watkins in the 16M dollar man deal of Booger AssWieler to boot..Winning!!

2 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

I’m actually decently there with you, he’s been underwhelming in my opinion. I’d like to see more Ogubjobi..

I understand they're two gapping him, and our run defense is actually pretty good up the middle and to the right side, opposite ogbah. So danny isnt worthless, but at the same time on passing downs....where is the collapse of the pocket? Wheres the push up the middle? 

Watching the game im like who the Shmuck is this watkins nigga? Dude was just ripping under the guard and/or center all game long. Apparently our o line has no answer for that move

3 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

And yeah, I want Wentz and Watson to light it up every single week, so our dipshit office can see how bad they messed up two drafts in a row. 

No. No. No. No

There are MUCH better trans around those QBs. If you think they'd be doing the same thing on our team you're a Shmucking idiot.

I think nobody in our FO watched the college football playoffs last year.

Watkins was huge in the championship  game.  Foster was the name called for Bama all night,  and of course we didn't get him either.

Essentially everyone who played big in that game was crossed off our list,  including Deshaun 

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

No. No. No. No

There are MUCH better trans around those QBs. If you think they'd be doing the same thing on our team you're a Shmucking idiot.

"No no no!"  is what we all thought when we passed on watson to go down and get Peppers instead. 

Buckeyes and wolverines aside... Keep dreaming that he's a major impact player. 

He's been crap,  whether he's been used incorrectly,  or whether he's just not nfl caliber,  he's looked completely  lost out there 

Archived