THE BROWNS BOARD

Ok are we done with hogan now?

Clevfan4life

22 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Dude has no arm talent. He's putting air under the ball constantly because he has no ability to drive the football. He sucks. If im gonna watch 3 int's in one half id rather watch kizer maje em so we KNOW we have to draft a QB #1

Gee...  if only someone had seen this coming... :)

21 hours ago, browns52 said:

your just figuring this out now...pfffft...i told everyone on this board that analytics won't work. Again, this is a stinkshit organization...

Are you as premature in bed as you are here?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Arm strength? What are you talking about? Less accuracy? Again, what are you talking about?

Talking about the game... talking about seeing Hogan throw change-ups all day... talking about  throwing balls 5-yds OB when a WR is 5-yd clear of the Defense.

20 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

There are two rookies starting, our MLB has zero starts prior to this season, our DT has zero starts before this season, our SS has only four starts before this season.

Outside of Collins and JMac, our next most veteran player is...Kirksey? A guy who wasn’t even considered a full time starter until last season? Shelton... a guy drafted two years ago?

That’s pretty Shmucking close to a rookie defense.

Add that both Kirk and Danny are playing different positions than in past seasons.

20 hours ago, bbedward said:

Hogan sucked but I don't think starting him was the wrong call. Kizer hasn't done better 

I can accept this... plus it should shut up 90% of the 92%, a/k/a the Hogan Hopeful not named PoG...

Now it's simply a matter of seeing which QB prospect is worthy of a time investment.

18 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I understand they're two gapping him, and our run defense is actually pretty good up the middle and to the right side, opposite ogbah. So danny isnt worthless, but at the same time on passing downs....where is the collapse of the pocket? Wheres the push up the middle? 

Watching the game im like who the Shmuck is this watkins nigga? Dude was just ripping under the guard and/or center all game long. Apparently our o line has no answer for that move

16 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Notice Chicago and Trubisky won. Also notice how trubisky threw very little,  but they ran it a ton.  Helped manage the game for them. 

Hue would run it 10-12 times,  and have him throw it 40 - 50 times instead,  and that's one of many reasons why we suck

Your one comment with which I agree... Hue seemed to give up on the run extra early today.... like when HOU went up 10-7.

Everything else you post seems to be typical fan 20/20 hindsight bolstered by massive projections based upon little or no data.

If folks want to tout their "I told ya so's"... then show us WTF you told us so. The site has a pretty good search tool... use it.

I'm not hopeful for Peppers at all unfortunately. Not as an NFL safety. Yeah, I hate Michigan, but if he was Taco Charlton or Jourdan Lewis, we'd all be way happier right now.  

There are several articles just like this one outlining why he's not made for the NFL. And all the concerns most analysts had are proving 100% correct so far. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2702873-simms-spotlight-jabrill-peppers-is-2017-nfl-drafts-most-overrated-prospect

Hope he winds up ok, but they probably  just drafted a 1st rd special teamer with that trade down instead of the QB we needed. 

16 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I think with Kessler and Kizer Hues comments are him toeing the company line. 

And I do not...

I offer you a stalemate.

15 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Rookies aren’t allowed to make mistakes.

They are of course, but it helps if they also make plays.

I'm perfectly willing to write Peppers lack of contribution to his being played out of position, but I can't think of a single time he challenged a reception in six games.

14 hours ago, D Bone said:

The arc on some of Hogan's throws would've made a beautiful rainbow had there of been a trail. 

... and those were the short throws... #RimShot...

14 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Hogan had some nice passes today. 

Duke was responsible for the INT down the sideline. 

Hogan was responsible for the high throw to Duke. 

Coates was responsible for the INT down the sideline. 

If you didn't watch the game then you wouldn't know but even the announcers said that the DBs on the Texans were pretty much running the WRs routes for them today. Too predictable, Hue didn't do Hogan any favors with the playcalling. 

Hogan is usually very accurate and efficient... it was just a bad day all around. 

Stick with Hogan and with another week of reps and chemistry we'll make some good progress. 

Those clamoring for more Kizer... just remember Kizer was 30 - 0 against the Bengals... Kizer needs to sit.

Hue needs to HELP Hogan be successful so we can win.

Sometimes when you don't know where to begin a reply.... it's best to just skip it altogether.

I suppose l'm in the minority on this but l actually thought Hogan showed more arm than l thought he had,  meaning he threw some passes that travelled a fair distance before hitting the ground or the loving caress of a defensive back. 

Not that the results were good or anything, but as far as point A to point B, there was more distance between those points than l thought he was capable of.

22 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I suppose l'm in the minority on this but l actually thought Hogan showed more arm than l thought he had,  meaning he threw some passes that travelled a fair distance before hitting the ground or the loving caress of a defensive back. 

Not that the results were good or anything, but as far as point A to point B, there was more distance between those points than l thought he was capable of.

Ur not recognizing arc. Those throws cant be thrown with that kind of arc. Anyone of us, well...the under 50 crowd.....can heave a ball 40-50 yds "easily"  IF we put good spiral on it. Problem is we have to put too much air under the ball. Thats what seperates nfl qb's from us uncle rico  twatknuckles, they get it there on a rope. Timing is way way way different

15 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Hogan had some nice passes today. 

Duke was responsible for the INT down the sideline. 

Hogan was responsible for the high throw to Duke. 

Coates was responsible for the INT down the sideline. 

If you didn't watch the game then you wouldn't know but even the announcers said that the DBs on the Texans were pretty much running the WRs routes for them today. Too predictable, Hue didn't do Hogan any favors with the playcalling. 

Hogan is usually very accurate and efficient... it was just a bad day all around. 

Stick with Hogan and with another week of reps and chemistry we'll make some good progress. 

Those clamoring for more Kizer... just remember Kizer was 30 - 0 against the Bengals... Kizer needs to sit.

Hue needs to HELP Hogan be successful so we can win. 

If he had Gordon to throw to, TR to hand off to, we would be set.

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Ur not recognizing arc. Those throws cant be thrown with that kind of arc. Anyone of us, well...the under 50 crowd.....can heave a ball 40-50 yds "easily"  IF we put good spiral on it. Problem is we have to put too much air under the ball. Thats what seperates nfl qb's from us uncle rico  twatknuckles, they get it there on a rope. Timing is way way way different

To be fair, Uncle Rico threw a seed with the steak. Good speed on that steak, uncanny accuracy. :lol:

From the guy who picked off Hogan. "Both Kizer and Hogan have big arms"...

also revealed some telling information late in the video. 

Stay with Hogan. Team loss and Hogan helped, period. Hogan is still the better QB. He, like almost every single QB in the NFL had a bad game. Give him another shot.

Hogan does NOT have a weak arm. 

Tom Brady threw for just 168 yards in his first start.

That same game Peyton Manning threw three interceptions, two for pick-six touchdowns.

I'm not saying that Hogan is Tom Brady or Peyton Manning right now, he's basically a rookie with a year in Hue's broken system.

We have never seen Hogan play the way he played last week. That was abnormal. He was 'forcing' and trying to put the team on his back. He probably knew that he would have to blow it out of the water to keep Kizer on the sidelines. Hue has been ADAMANT in his loyalty to Kizer and that won't help you play loose either. 

It could be the pressure that Hue is applying on these guys about 'NOT' throwing INTS... When you think about NOT throwing INTs that's when it's going to happen. It's just like the dropped balls, whatever this team focuses on starts to magnify itself and manifest itself into games, over and over until something else starts to pop up. Then Hue focuses on that and then that starts to turn into a new monster that haunts us for months...

The people that say that Hogan is a bum and all that, after one game, calling for his head... Hue Jackson has lost more games in the usage of his timeouts, mismanagement of the clock, throwing games left and right. Victories in hand just turned into losses right before our eyes... and you guys are condemning Hogan after 1 start.

The guy has done EVERYTHING right up to that point and then he struggled against a HOT team. Like most people thought he would with just a three day notice he made some mistakes in his first start. 

Be patient, support your QB and let's try to get a win at home this weekend.

The negativity and the hatred some Browns' fans have shown after this last defeat is more damaging to a QBs confidence than anything that happened on Sunday.

They say Cleveland has the best fans... hmmm we'll see.

Dbone... Hogan's arm is fine. Please quit saying that. If anything he was trying to throw his passes softly for his receivers. There is a balance to knowing which guys can handle which passes, that takes a little time to iron out. He can throw it faster, I promise you. Some of it was second guessing and thinking to much, needs a bit more decisiveness. That will come with confidence. Hue knows football, he knew he was going to lose that game. He knew Kizer would bomb in that game it would have wrecked him for the year. Hue sacrificed Hogan, maybe even sabotaged him. Who knows? But I do know, as well as you do, albeit somewhere deep inside that Hogan can play better than that. Come on man, you're better than that.  

19 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Sorry brother man, but if Hogan's arm were a horse, it would be a pink My Little Pony. 

If Hogan's arm was a horse, it would have been shot and made into glue by now.

Hogan's arm gets laughed at by Colt McCoy.

2 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

D Bone... Hogan's arm is fine. Please quit saying that. If anything he was trying to throw his passes softly for his receivers

:o:blink:;):D:lol:

In a former life, PoG was the Public Relations Man for the H.M.S. Titanic.

"If it wasn't for the iceberg, and the fact that over a thousand people perished, and the ship is at the bottom of the Atlantic, THE TITANIC'S MAIDEN VOYAGE WAS A SUCCESS!"

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

My favorite part is POGs logic for not wanting Kizer, completely forgetting it, and then defending Hogan for the same thing.

That I can forgive...

Not seeing what is on tape... what I saw live... is the unforgivable part.

Hey, Po... rank these arms for me please... from strongest to weakest...

• Carr
  • Hogan
  • Kizer
  • Hoyer
  • Favre

Archived