THE BROWNS BOARD

Former DEA agent: Congress, pharm-industry hindered opioid crackdown

jbluhm86

yeah. guess who was a dirtbag president in 2013. and say, who was the corrupt nutjob heading up obaMao's DoJ?

Lynch - the meeting of clinton on the airport tarmac. Lynch - the demander that comey NOT call it an investigation of higgardly.

The obamao regime was the most corrupt and dangerous regime in American history.

******************************************************************************"

"But Rannazzisi said the drug industry used money and influence to pressure lawyers at the Department of Justice, which oversees the DEA, to go easy on the companies.

The former DEA agent said superiors called him to have him explain his tactics. “And it infuriated me that I was over there, trying to explain what my motives were or why I was going after these corporations?” Rannazzisi said in the interview.

Rannazzisi’s efforts were further complicated in 2013, when a new piece of legislation, written by former DEA employee Linden Barber and backed by the drug industry, began making its way through Congress"

If this is been a few headlines it's because, unfortunately, people are desperate to find a corporation or anything else to blame instead of their own irresponsibility.

There are a lot of different factors to consider first of all is that it I don't think it's fair to expect everyone to make the sacrifice and live with pain if there is an alternative.

2 like the small print on any contract it's easy to overlook the fact that you can and will become dependent. You can tell people this until you're blue in the face but faced with the choice of back pain or addiction the choice isn't that tough. Especially in today's world went disability papers are passed out like toilet paper.

3 I have no doubt that the modern synthetic painkillers are probably at least somewhat easier to deal with than  codeine or morphine. Both of which perfectly legal.

4 I realize my own personal need jerk reaction is to blame the addict but I realize it's tough and I try not to expect everyone to self sacrifice. On the other hand when they addiction rears its head and some scumbag lawyer realizes a class action suit will bring him a windfall oh, let's just say I like that even less.

WSS

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I thought the Opioid crisis was caused by people who couldn't stop taking pain meds when they were supposed too.  

Bingo. I live at the apex of the heroin crisis (Huntington, WV). There are no coal mines here. These were people who didn't work before, started doing oxys for fun, got hooked, the pill mills got shut down, and now they are using heroin. Honestly, we are seeing way more heroin users than we did pill abusers. So there has to be a big group of people who skipped the pills all together and went straight to heroin. 

Those zombies have screwed up everything here and I wish narcan didn't exist.

1 hour ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Bingo. I live at the apex of the heroin crisis (Huntington, WV). There are no coal mines here. These were people who didn't work before, started doing oxys for fun, got hooked, the pill mills got shut down, and now they are using heroin. Honestly, we are seeing way more heroin users than we did pill abusers. So there has to be a big group of people who skipped the pills all together and went straight to heroin. 

Those zombies have screwed up everything here and I wish narcan didn't exist.

I'm not sure I would blame it so much on fun but the explosion of disability claims. Remember I'm from East Ohio which is also plagued by that crap. Everybody seems to have a bad back or a sore shoulder or whatever ask the dr. For some pain pills find out it makes them feel better and then freak out that they start to lose their effectiveness and the supply is curtailed. And people are stupid. Anybody who thinks heroin is a viable option is stupid. I don't know that we can help that. Notice in those parts of the country cigarettes are flying off the counters. Can anybody afford 50 or 60 bucks a carton? Probably not and I suppose it's even harder to break an oxy dependency than Marlboro Lights. The options for a fulfilling life seem to be pretty slim when you're on the Dole and chronically unemployed.

WSS

38 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm not sure I would blame it so much on fun but the explosion of disability claims. Remember I'm from East Ohio which is also plagued by that crap. Everybody seems to have a bad back or a sore shoulder or whatever ask the dr. For some pain pills find out it makes them feel better and then freak out that they start to lose their effectiveness and the supply is curtailed. And people are stupid. Anybody who thinks heroin is a viable option is stupid. I don't know that we can help that. Notice in those parts of the country cigarettes are flying off the counters. Can anybody afford 50 or 60 bucks a carton? Probably not and I suppose it's even harder to break an oxy dependency than Marlboro Lights. The options for a fulfilling life seem to be pretty slim when you're on the Dole and chronically unemployed.

WSS

There is truth to the theory that many people got hurt at work/in the mines and were prescribed oxy, etc., and things got out of hand. But living in WV, I can vouch for Logics point. The majority of junkies and pill heads I see every day have never worked a day in their life, and have no interest whatsoever in becoming employed.  No exaggeration, there are people who O.D. in the morning, first responders administer narcan, and that afternoon are responding to the same idiot with no job who has O.D.'d again. 

41 minutes ago, Dste Ace said:

There is truth to the theory that many people got hurt at work/in the mines and were prescribed oxy, etc., and things got out of hand. But living in WV, I can vouch for Logics point. The majority of junkies and pill heads I see every day have never worked a day in their life, and have no interest whatsoever in becoming employed.  No exaggeration, there are people who O.D. in the morning, first responders administer narcan, and that afternoon are responding to the same idiot with no job who has O.D.'d again. 

I'm not disagreeing with you. I know a fair amount of people on disability who have never spent any substantial time at work. But, and I think this has something to do with spending your life sitting on the couch, most of them are in pain of some kind and in recent years the disability claims have skyrocketed. Especially since somebody has decided that fibromyalgia  is  a real diagnosis  and can be treated with pills and disability payments . Easy way for deadbeats to make a few bucks and profitable for the attorneys who specialize in procuring benefits.

WSS

I know a girl who was going to be a world class gymnast but had some kind of horrific leg break or some Sheet. She never got over her opiod addiction from the year she was in a full leg brace. Some people get these things legally and some dont, u cant make generalizations on who these people are. 

The facts of what the manufacturers did tho is becoming clear. They knew these drugs were heroin mimics but they pushed for their useage for all kinds of Sheet including Shmucking migraines. Stop the apologist cowpoop. They wanted to make money and pushed for  these drugs to be prescribed for Sheet they KNEW it wasnt appropriate for. Because THEY WANTED TO ADDICT PEOPLE. How do some of u simpleton rubes not understand that?

Well painkillers exist and painkillers are addictive. Probably not as bad as codeine and morphine but that's the nature of the drug. If people are in pain they will want them because they work. A side effect is addiction. I guess you take the risk or live with the pain. It's not a great choice but it is what it is. 

I guess you could make it all illegal. Force people to live with the pain or go to jail. Kind of a little bit tougher love than most of us would support.

WSS

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I'm in so much pain I'm begging my VA doc to give me something stronger, and the c u n t  gives me Ibuprofin..

Suck it up u pussy. Jesus christ stop throwing the word snowflake around. My 80 yr old vegetarian mother refuses all painkillers and barely lets the dentist administer local anasthetics for procedures 95% of the general pop goes completely under for.  Can i suggest some monistat 7?https://www.target.com/p/monistat-174-7-vaginal-antifungal-cream-1-59-oz/-/A-13429396?sid=2119S&ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Health+Beauty+Shopping_Local&adgroup=SC_Health+Beauty&LID=700000001170770pgs&network=g&device=m&location=9015414&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIos_WgYn51gIVgySGCh1jDAC3EAQYASABEgJp8vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

when I had my new knee installed, I got oxycotins sp? I think the first evening at home, I took one, then

never again. I gave the entire rest of the bottle back to my surgeon. He just grinned and said there weren't

enough in there to get me addicted, but I said I didn't need them anyways. Obviously, I have no idea about

being addicted to anything, not having the courage to just stop, and be desperate to continue some drug, etc.

Seems that there are too many people who WANT to be addicted to something - dependency is all they know.

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

when I had my new knee installed, I got oxycotins sp? I think the first evening at home, I took one, then

never again. I gave the entire rest of the bottle back to my surgeon. He just grinned and said there weren't

enough in there to get me addicted, but I said I didn't need them anyways. Obviously, I have no idea about

being addicted to anything, not having the courage to just stop, and be desperate to continue some drug, etc.

Seems that there are too many people who WANT to be addicted to something - dependency is all they know.

They prescribed oxys when I had wisdom teeth extracted and when I had my gallbladder removed. They did that because they presume that everyone here lies about their addiction problems so they want to make sure you get something that can actually manage the pain. I opted for motrin and ice. I have taken pain killers before after surgeries and they always make me really sick (sweating profusely, nausea) so I would rather just hurt.

I got a script a couple or threeyears ago when I had a tooth pulled. Never took one for the toothache pain but every 3 months or so if I can't sleep I'll take one. I still have half of them left after two or three years.

For you younger guys I remember when he used to be able to get terpin hydrate and codeine cough syrup over the counter then a little bit later you could still get it but you had to sign for it.

That's been a good many years ago. I remember grandma always had a little bottle of paregoric in the medicine cabinet.

But I know plenty of guys that have abused oxy.

WSS

Archived