THE BROWNS BOARD

Kizer to start

Zombo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunday is what happens when a defense gameplans the whole weeknfor hogan. Nothing to do with being nervous. The arm deficit is also nothing to do with nervousness. But ueah i still might give kizer one more week off, but start kessler and hogan....maybe if they both throw the ball together they can get the ball downfield in NFL time?

36 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Sunday is what happens when a defense gameplans the whole weeknfor hogan. Nothing to do with being nervous. The arm deficit is also nothing to do with nervousness. But ueah i still might give kizer one more week off, but start kessler and hogan....maybe if they both throw the ball together they can get the ball downfield in NFL time?

so the defense game plan made Hogan throw the ball 10 feet over the head of a wide open duke Johnson for a pick-six?

High throws are literally in the textbook of nerves at the QB decision. It showed strongly Sunday.

Looks like Hue read Po's poll...

9 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

so the defense game plan made Hogan throw the ball 10 feet over the head of a wide open duke Johnson for a pick-six?

Arguably, yes...

Pending a viewing of the recording of the game, HOU's push up the middle seemed to be responsible for many high throws on short and intermediate routes via having to elevate the ball over the rush's outstretched arms and/or Hogan throwing off his back foot. Also want to check Hogan's "chuck and duck" factor. Deep balls? Bit of the back foot factor as well, but also the inherent inaccuracy of throwing at the limit of your arm seemed to creep in... again, pending review.

I can look if you like, and not that it's all that prescient, but I called the above as the game plan last week.

Now... does the Defensive game plan change with Kizer in? Not really up front, but the 2ndary has to honor his arm strength... especially if he returns putting a little air under the his deep ball.

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Looks like Hue read Po's poll...

Arguably, yes...

Pending a viewing of the recording of the game, HOU's push up the middle seemed to be responsible for many high throws on short and intermediate routes via having to elevate the ball over the rush's outstretched arms and/or Hogan throwing off his back foot. Also want to check Hogan's "chuck and duck" factor. Deep balls? Bit of the back foot factor as well, but also the inherent inaccuracy of throwing at the limit of your arm seemed to creep in... again, pending review.

I can look if you like, and not that it's all that prescient, but I called the above as the game plan last week.

Now... does the Defensive game plan change with Kizer in? Not really up front, but the 2ndary has to honor his arm strength... especially if he returns putting a little air under the his deep ball.

You're just gonna have hard time convincing me of that man. Here's the play: 

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/15/16479082/browns-texans-kevin-hogan-pick-six.

That "pressure" you speak of is nonexistent. No saying you felt that way, but still. Just an awful throw.

42 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

High throws are literally in the textbook of nerves at the QB decision. It showed strongly Sunday.

Yes, a defense that knows which routes to stifle and which windows to leave open then quickly close on....can utterly disrupt a qb's timing. They look at tape and time his throws.....so they know certain balls take so long to get there so they dont play close on certain routes. Hogan was throwing the ball before the wr had come off the los, his timing was getting all kinds of Shmucked with. So hos fristration showed on thst Retard ball to duke

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Yes, a defense that knows which routes to stifle and which windows to leave open then quickly close on....can utterly disrupt a qb's timing. They look at tape and time his throws.....so they know certain balls take so long to get there so they dont play close on certain routes. Hogan was throwing the ball before the wr had come off the los, his timing was getting all kinds of Shmucked with. So hos fristration showed on thst Retard ball to duke

Please look at the article I posted and come back and tell me with a straight face your above statement is accurate. You're not wrong in a general sense, but none of that applied to that throw. Hogan had a clean pocket and a wide open player, and he failed miserably.

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Did Hue just meet these QBs? Perhaps we should trade for Osweiler again. 

How about dumping both Hogan and Kessler and sign Kaepernick?

Yes, I am just pushing buttons....but, you know, fact is, he is probably better than both of them.

(at least that way the Browns would continue to be relevent in a certain way and it would take attention away from their 0-6 record.)

3 hours ago, Zombo said:

2 hours ago, wargograw said:

I really dislike this kind of indecision. 

What's not being reported is Hogan played thru a rib injury late in Houston game..see what injury report says when out..Time for maybe rookie CB Howard Wilson to come off the PUP list too?   

The only reason Kessler is #2 is because Hogan has a rib injury. (https://scout.com/nfl/browns/Article/Cody-Kessler-moves-back-to-the-backup-quarterback-role-109111461)

"Jackson was asked to clarify whether Hogan was third because of injury or performance. “Ribs," he said. "He has bruised ribs. They are pretty bruised in my opinion. It is not because of performance. I will be the first to tell you that."

Hogan would have been the starter this week but he has some bruised ribs. I guess he was tested today, took a shot while he was running with the football, got hit in the same spot and dropped the ball. Sore, but he should play regardless. 

I guess we're gonna get really clear that Kizer is "not the guy"... against a ho-hum Titans Defense that pales in comparison to the Texans D. 

So what happens when Kizer throws 2 or 3 picks and we lose the game? What is gonna happen when Kessler jumps to the ground again at the first signs of pressure? I'll tell ya, Hogan is not gonna have bruised ribs much longer. He'll be completely healed by the BYE WEEK. Two more week of you guys that have short memories and high hopes for Kizer are going to be sick of him again and Hogan will ride as starting QB the 2nd half of the season; possibly with Josh Gordon and Coleman as his #1 and #2. Then it will be on.

Give me-

Hogan, Gordon, Coleman, Pryor, Njoku and Saquon Barkley, and I'll give you an offense that can't be stopped. 

3 hours ago, The User from Cleveland said:

The only reason Kessler is #2 is because Hogan as a rib injury.

ok, THAT makes sense.

1 hour ago, PoeticG said:

Hogan would have been the starter this week but he has some bruised ribs.

umm, I'm going to disagree.  Last night at this time I was 99.9% sure that Hue would announce Kizer as the starter this week.  And I had no idea that Hogans ribs were injured to this extent.  The way Hue was talking about Kizer in his postgame presser made me quite certain that Kizer was coming back in.

IMO, Hue gave Hogan a shot.  It didn't work out and he's going back to the draft pick they made.

6 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Please look at the article I posted and come back and tell me with a straight face your above statement is accurate. You're not wrong in a general sense, but none of that applied to that throw. Hogan had a clean pocket and a wide open player, and he failed miserably.

I didnt say it did, my opinion is he was frustrated with his timing getting disrupted and on what should have been one of the easiest throws, stepped way too much into it.

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Give me-

Hogan, Gordon, Coleman, Pryor, Njoku and Saquon Barkley, and I'll give you an offense that can't be stopped. 

I'll trade you a half ounce of California Kush for whatever it is your tokin'

Archived