THE BROWNS BOARD

Another curious signing

Unsympathetic

32 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Many acquisitions don't work out.  Is this another one?

The lowest-rated PFF starter on our defense this season after 6 games... Jamie Collins, 34.6.

To paraphrase the Sopranos... There's good and there's not good -- and that's not good.

Eh, he's been a good football player for a long time and missed several games with a concussion. I'm not worried yet-he would have gotten a very similar contract from a lot of teams in the NFL.

8 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Eh, he's been a good football player for a long time and missed several games with a concussion. I'm not worried yet-he would have gotten a very similar contract from a lot of teams in the NFL.

Agreed.

Z

Jamie Collins has been decent for us... I can't complain too much about him.. So far.. You could probably say that him and JT are the most consistent performance wise .

7 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

He's a free-lancer whose free-lancing has been green-lighted by his DC... going to be booms and busts. Until he settles in, much as was the case with Ogletree in StL/LA.

Can't minimize the concussion bit. Must have been a doozy given the time missed... has to give some pause upon return. But if he stays "clear-headed" for a game or two, he should start playing with abandon again.

8 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Many acquisitions don't work out.  Is this another one?

The lowest-rated PFF starter on our defense this season after 6 games... Jamie Collins, 34.6.

To paraphrase the Sopranos... There's good and there's not good -- and that's not good.

I’ve seen the Sopranos like 6x through. Pretty sure that’s not a quote from it. 

I'd advise tape-eaters to view early in the game when Collins seems to get rocked again about 6 mins.? in 1st quarter..shakes his head around but stayed on field..can ya really blame a guy that gets no FS nor S (-25 yards off) help covering TE's or 2 TE's at times?(time after time again)

3 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

shakes his head around but stayed on field.

I saw a player do that in the MNF game... may have been Henry... said to the wife, "that's one of those little bell-rings that accumulate over a career". The player was not attended to...

8 hours ago, nickers said:

Jamie Collins has been decent for us... I can't complain too much about him.. So far.. You could probably say that him and JT are the most consistent performance wise .

this year......2017?

uh, no.

The same people complaining that we did re-sign Collins here are many of the same people who complain that we didn’t re-sign Schwartz or Mack or Gabriel.

Funny how you can never be wrong as long as you wait to say something until after the fact...

18 hours ago, wargograw said:

I’ve seen the Sopranos like 6x through. Pretty sure that’s not a quote from it. 

One of the best shows ever!

"You know, Tony, it's a multiple choice thing with you. 'Cause I can't tell if you're old-fashioned, you're paranoid, or just a f**king a**hole."

"So what, no f**kin' ziti now?"

"You're not gonna believe this. The guy killed 16 Czechoslovakians. He was an interior decorator."

"Anybody else would've had their f***in' intervention right through the back of their head."

1 minute ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

This thread is much better as a discussion about the Sopranos. 

Unfortunately true about many of the 0-Fer BROWNS chat anymore,  hmmmm Sopranos thread we should look into that.

"A wrong decision is better than indecision."

Sorry... gave up on The Sopranos after season one... so...

15 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I have high hopes for collins as a 4-3 blitzing olb'er that comes out of nowhere. If garrett plays well and we pick up a competent LDE, collins will essentially be unblockable rushing in conjunction with good DE's

Lately I've been envisioning Collins at MLB with a fresh-faced, rookie OLB to his right and Kirk to his left.

On 10/20/2017 at 12:08 PM, Tour2ma said:

Sorry... gave up on The Sopranos after season one... so...

I don’t know your life, but I can guarantee this was the worst decision you ever made. 

But the first 10 episodes or so are brutally slow so I can somewhat understand it. Should’ve powered through. 

3 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I don’t know your life, but I can guarantee this was the worst decision you ever made. 

But the first 10 episodes or so are brutally slow so I can somewhat understand it. Should’ve powered through. 

Man I loved the first season... What am I saying, I loved the entire run. So damn good.

32 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I do... and can guarantee it's not... ;)

Archived