THE BROWNS BOARD

So if Jackson is gone...

Westside Steve

1 minute ago, ChicopeeJohn said:

What is Jackson's record in Cleveland?

What pressure?  What choke?

One could argue that Marty Schottenheimer was a 'choker under pressure' but he was in BIG games.  Jackson hasn't been in a big game since???????????????????????

The pressure to win now. He's caving. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

give hue a 3rd year marching tune from you assholes who couldn't wait to get of mangini or pettine after their 2nd.

hyp-o-friggin-criti-fuggin-cal 2 faced douchebags.

you deserve this bag of lit dog Sheet on your porch....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

fuck-you-fuck-her-him-fuck-therm-fuck-you-all-5711650.png

1 hour ago, ChicopeeJohn said:

He is considered - at least by some - to be a developer of QBs.  Maybe he got lucky in Cincy.  Besides Dalton (I will give him the benefit of the doubt), who has Jackson 'developed'?

In order?

• 1995 ASU Jake Plummer
  • 1996 Cal Pat Barnes
  • 1997 USC John Fox
  • 2000 USC Carson Palmer/Matt Cassel
  • 2008/09 BLT's Flacco
  • 2014/15 CIN's Dalton

1 hour ago, miktoxic said:

give hue a 3rd year marching tune from you assholes who couldn't wait to get of mangini or pettine after their 2nd.

you deserve this bag of lit dog Sheet on your porch....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Dude he's black.

It's getting harder and harder not to board the Fire Hue Train. What respected head coach declines a personal foul that would have pushed them out of FG range, then his great undertudies proceed to jump offsides on 4th and 1, all aboard! Last trains about to leave the station.

On 10/20/2017 at 4:55 PM, Ghoolie said:

If it is my team, I am hiring a guy who is way, way, way off the grid. I would give a crap how much NFL experience the guy had. A resume is a door opener, it isn't a tool with which one should hire someone. Values, ethics, morals, beliefs, drive, passion, hate , venom, respect for Browns history............... those are the things that shoudl be focused on. Those are the things that have been ignored. Find another Cowher. Find a guy who everyone says WTF? Find a guy like Lyndon Johnson, who is driven to show the world. There is a guy just aching for a chance. I promise you, the Gruden's of this world are the last place to look.

Think about it. Who better than to lead the Cleveland Underdawgs than an underdawg?

Hue is in over his head as both head coach and OC, hire one or the other to help this team.  Bernie Kosar knows offense, he loves Cleveland, and he isn't afraid to call players out who are shitting the bed.  I would keep Hue as head coach and hire Bernie as OC, get some passion in the locker room and help coach up these young QBs since our "QB guru" has no clue what he's doing or which QB he should be "guruing".

On 10/21/2017 at 7:00 PM, Ghoolie said:

NO, it isn't twisted at all man. Soldiers kill for their generals. This is a staple of team performance. You don't let your team, you fans your coach down. It is absolutely a lack of respect.

Well.....whether or not the players lack respect for Hue Jackson,  after yesterday, is it fair to say that whatever respect the fan base had for him may have gone right out the window.

Hue needs to decide if he wants to be a Head Coach or an OC....as right now he sucks balls at being both (not that he would be any good at either one if limited to just that).

16 hours ago, Hempman said:

Hue is toast. I suspect Sashi to be given the title of full President and Sashi old job will be merged with Berry to create the Vice President/GM job. Then Sashi/GM will hire new head coach without Haslam playing a big role in it.

The HC will be weakened considerably in future decision making.

I think both of them may be on thin ice.  I do NOT see any promotion for these guys.  I see a demotion.  Haslam brings in Peyton Manning to be DFO....and subordinates Sachi and Berry to him. Manning brings in another veteran football mind (Polian or Polian type)...to be a consultant on the draft.

I am ready for that I think.

is everyone basing this peyton manning thing on his tennessee connection with haslam?

if you were manning would you want anything to do with this Sheet franchise to tarnish your 'mr. sparkling white as a bleached out towel you smack others in the butt with in the locker room' image?

puuuleeeeez.

1 minute ago, miktoxic said:

is everyone basing this peyton manning thing on his tennessee connection with haslam?

if you were manning would you want anything to do with this Sheet franchise to tarnish your 'mr. sparkling white as a bleached out towel you smack others in the butt with in the locker room' image?

puuuleeeeez.

It may be the exact kind of challenge that Manning would want, yes.

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It may be the exact kind of challenge that Manning would want, yes.

i get that. better men have tried and failed. i'm sure they wish the new era browns were not on their life resume and could get those years back.

plus, what are his qualifications? selling pizza?

let him stick to what he's good at.....being a d.i.c.k.

9 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

i get that. better men have tried and failed. i'm sure they wish the new era browns were not on their life resume and could get those years back.

let him stick to what he's good at.....being a finger.

OK, but lets assume that Haslam does want to bring in an overseer to be DFO......and that it won't be Peyton......who could/should it be.

Because I am ready for it to happen.

52 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK, but lets assume that Haslam does want to bring in an overseer to be DFO......and that it won't be Peyton......who could/should it be.

Because I am ready for it to happen.

do not know. sort of like the holmgren experiment if you ask me.

haslam just needs to hire better or bring in some local billionaire (cough lebron cough) who might be able to judge talent.

14 minutes ago, miktoxic said:

do not know. sort of like the holmgren experiment if you ask me.

haslam just needs to hire better or bring in some local billionaire (cough lebron cough) who might be able to judge talent.

The thing about the "Holmgren experiment" is that it was not really a bad idea...it was just a bad choice of who to select.

1 hour ago, miktoxic said:

let him stick to what he's good at.....being a d.i.c.k.

Many have tried and failed who are as qualified as the Cleveland Browns front office too.

Not very many have achieved this lack of success though. So far... now it's up to their salesmanship skills and not their football acumen. They have to sell the owner on another season and a half.

WSS

7 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

It's getting harder and harder not to board the Fire Hue Train.

Yeah, it is... but IMHO it's lame to pile on the penalty decline.

Kind of an aside, but I was looking into Hue's "Coaching Tree" last week. He doesn't exactly spring from heavyweight limbs nor give rise to substantial twigs...

http://nflcoachingtrees.com/coaching-trees/hue-jackson

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Many have tried and failed who are as qualified as the Cleveland Browns front office too.

Not very many have achieved this lack of success though. So far... now it's up to their salesmanship skills and not their football acumen. They have to sell the owner on another season and a half.

WSS

that's who i was talking about, the FO. the hue jackson thing, to me, is moot. he has no talent to work with. now if he's the one that is pulling these qb selections out of the hat then there is no excuse and should be gone.....today. but i find that hardly unlikely.

my basis for my earlier rant is based upon the fans who just turn like ravenous zombies on one regime because they don't like them for some reason but are willing to go the extra mile for another who's record and talent and ability to have players play hard every week is not even close.

hated mangini? i give you hue jackson. hated pettine and farmer? i give you hue jackson and these gems of talent evaluators. butch davis? jackson.

flippant asshats.

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Yeah, it is... but IMHO it's lame to pile on the penalty decline.

Kind of an aside, but I was looking into Hue's "Coaching Tree" last week. He doesn't exactly spring from heavyweight limbs nor give rise to substantial twigs...

http://nflcoachingtrees.com/coaching-trees/hue-jackson

Just about every tree has its rotten apple.  But what you are saying is that he doesn't even come off a tree.  More like a rotten turnip.

7922345-close-up-of-rotten-apple-with-mi

On 10/22/2017 at 5:32 PM, miktoxic said:

Sorry mix, I've never wanted any of our coaches to go sooner that 3 years, regardless of how badly they were doing.  We need consistency and you never know if a coach will turn things around with more time.

I wanted Pettine and Mangini and Chud to get more time.   I wanted Shurmur fired pretty soon after he was hired.   I've tried to stay on the keep Hue train but I just don't see it getting any better.   Game day decisions are horrible, yanking Kizer in and out of games this season has just been lame considering he left Hogan out there after 3 first half picks, but has less patience with his 21 year old "big future for the franchise" guy? 

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

I wanted Pettine and Mangini and Chud to get more time.   I wanted Shurmur fired pretty soon after he was hired.   I've tried to stay on the keep Hue train but I just don't see it getting any better. 

With you on Pet and Mangenius... Chud? Not so much... although he did attract one good coordinators  in Norv. Patsy attracted two, but if there was ever a HC doomed by his FO, it was Shurmur's death by Wheezy.

Hue... well... I think I've been pretty clear on him. Conditional retention...

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Hue... well... I think I've been pretty clear on him. Conditional retention...

Conditional retention regardless of record?   Meaning if we go 0-16 or 1-15 this season making him a 1 or 2 win coach over 2 seasons you bring him back again for a 3rd year?   And what is the conditional retention?  I'm guessing he needs to hire an OC to take over the play calling.   I guess I could live with that especially if the OC is a guy who could move into the HC role.

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Conditional retention regardless of record?   Meaning if we go 0-16 or 1-15 this season making him a 1 or 2 win coach over 2 seasons you bring him back again for a 3rd year?   And what is the conditional retention?  I'm guessing he needs to hire an OC to take over the play calling.   I guess I could live with that especially if the OC is a guy who could move into the HC role.

Yes...unless he said something behind the scenes along the lines of "I can make a Kessler-Hogan-Kizer QB room work" and guaranteed a number of victories... yes. I don't think he said any such thing.

More so when add in the loss of Coleman and the Britt that showed up. I'd even consider retention in spite of if making the above statement.

But conditional retention...

Archived