THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC Central

Zombo

It's the Oilers versus the Browns, and the Steelers and Bengals today in two big AFC Central clashes. Elsewhere, we highlight the Minnesota Vikings hosting the Baltimore Colts in a key clash. The Browns start rookie Bernie Kosar against the Oilers Run and Shoot , while Kenny Anderson looks to carve up the sagging Steel Curtain.

Tennessee at Cleveland 1 PM

Expect the Browns offense to finally get on track after the rookie gets to watch from the sidelines for a week and sees a struggling Tits D. Myles Garrett and the defense have a breakthrough game as well. All Browns in this one. BROWNS 28 OILERS 10

Baltimore at Minnesota 1:00 PM

The Vikings seem to be playing solid football regardless of who plays QB, so I see them wearing down the Ratbirds at home by winning the turnover battle. VIKINGS 18 COLTS 16

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh 4:25 PM

Rested Bungles should be able to continue their winning ways against up and down Steeler team. Four more interceptions for Roethlshitskin. BUNGLES 31 STEELERS 24

TGZ

29 minutes ago, Zombo said:

It's the Oilers versus the Browns, and the Steelers and Bengals today in two big AFC Central clashes. Elsewhere, we highlight the Minnesota Vikings hosting the Baltimore Colts in a key clash. The Browns start rookie Bernie Kosar against the Oilers Run and Shoot , while Kenny Anderson looks to carve up the sagging Steel Curtain.

Tennessee at Cleveland 1 PM

Baltimore at Minnesota 1:00 PM

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh 4:25 PM

State of Florida now giving out time machines for those that survive hernia surgery?  Hit the Easy Button? They all come down to a damn Kicker..Zane wins..Tucker don't miss..Can't name a Kicker in Schlitz-erggg so they Kiss their sister..no tongue please  

ONE MAN'S OPINION SUNDAY MORNING EDITION........

Assuming Marc Mariota is behind center, the Titans still face a tricky situation traveling on a short week following their Monday night home game. Tennessee entered 
it’s Monday matchup against the Colts 1-5 in games without Mariota since the start of 2015. Still, it’s extremely difficult – if not impossible - to get behind Cleveland, 
which has lost 24 of its last 25 games and is 5-19-1 ATS. The Browns have upgraded their roster defensively, but are held hostage by poor quarterback play.

Not helping matters for Cleveland is Zane Gonzalez being the only kicker in the NFL with more missed field goals than made ones. 

SO WHAT TO DO WITH THE 0-FOREVER OR 0-7 BROWNS? ON OUR PICK EM THE LOCALS ARE GETTING +5.5 POINTS, HMMMM......

REMEMBER LAST WEEK AND THE MONKEY THAT KEEPS GETTING ZAPPED DOING THE SAME STUPID THING OVER AND OVER? TOO BAD THE BROWNS ARE AS OVERDUE AT A PREGNANT WOMAN IN HER 12th MONTH, TAKE THE DAMN POINTS CLEVELAND +5.5. 

I need a breakout week... badly...

image.png.096516a4cb7447245bba2b61511ee97f.png

Here goes nothing...

Hmmmm... every AFCN game is featuring a 5.5 point spread. Can't remember seeing identical spreads across the board before.

BLT @ MN (-5.5)

Two teams featuring strong Ds... and weak Os. I have to go with the least weak O... and that's the Vikes... even with Keenum in the drivers seat, who BTW has not been playing badly.

This week BLT features one of the lengthiest Injury-practice report I have ever seen. It includes 17 players... just shy of a full third of their 53-man roster. And some of those names are big pieces, e.g., Max Williams. Not that MN is without injury concerns with Diggs OUT, but man... BLT's body count is ridiculous.

Prediction: MN 20 BLT 13

CIN @ PTG (-5.5)

The week's daily-double. Both teams are finding their form, but one, CIN had more form to find... and that's not a good thing.

Bell is now Bell. CIN is still struggling to find their lead back.

In the air war while Ben has been struggling alone to find his game, he has Brown to light the way. Opie? He has AJ, who is facing his one-time nemesis, Joe H. But even tho Joe's days of dominating the leagues big-name, and just plain big, WRs have been over for a while now, that's just not enough. For beyond AJ, Opie's receiving options have been reduced significantly by injury, e.g., TEs Eifert and Hewitt, WRs Boyd and Ross.

In sharp contrast to BLT PTG has one of the shortest injury-practice reports... only six players.

Expect another physical battle, but a one-sided game...

Prediction: PTG 37 CIN 17

TN @ CLE (+5.5)

Just in time for the game the injury-practice report tells us the Titan run game which was the least of our concerns is likely weaker than expected, but the QB is healthier than we hoped. Not good news.

Even worse news? Our starting CBs both appear in our report and our best CB, McCourty headed the wrong way going from "No Report" to "Light Practice" to "Did Not Practice" due to an ankle. Our best news? The name Myles Garrett appears nowhere in our report. Looks as if the "pressure up front makes up for talent in the back" theory may get quite a test.

This game hinges on Kizer and the miracle of a week on a bench. I don't believe in miracles... even if I do believe that there is an internal switch in Kizer, and most young NFL QBs, that can flip to "He gets it" in a single moment. But there is a build to the moment... and I do not think we are there yet.

A good effort falls short...

Prediction: TN 23 CLE 17

BLT @ MN (-5.5)

FINAL: MN 24 BLT 16 - W/W... nice start and not a bad score prediction...

CIN @ PTG (-5.5)

FINAL: PTG 29 CIN 14 - WW/WW... now we're cooking blow out predicted... wish I'd double checked my Yahoo pick after writing this...

TN @ CLE (+5.5)

FINAL: TN 12 CLE 9 - W/L... oh well... and glad I did not check Yahoo after this one... so it all worked out.

Did I mention that with 4+ minutes left I called the OT in the Chat_Tavern? So I got that goin' for me...

image.png.5743f9c4624565c0e62b68d7a230ca2d.png... PROGRESS... not to be confused with SUCCESS... ;)

37 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

BLT @ MN (-5.5)

FINAL: MN 24 BLT 16 - W/W... nice start and not a bad score prediction...

CIN @ PTG (-5.5)

FINAL: PTG 29 CIN 14 - WW/WW... now we're cooking blow out predicted... wish I'd double checked my Yahoo pick after writing this...

TN @ CLE (+5.5)

FINAL: TN 12 CLE 9 - W/L... oh well... and glad I did not check Yahoo after this one... so it all worked out.

Did I mention that with 4+ minutes left I called the OT in the Chat_Tavern? So I got that goin' for me...

image.png.5743f9c4624565c0e62b68d7a230ca2d.png... PROGRESS... not to be confused with SUCCESS... ;)

I like how every week the AFCN prediction thread opens with an entertaining laugh before you post your more level headed predictions.

Good job today!

10 hours ago, StinkHole said:

I like how every week the AFCN prediction thread opens with an entertaining laugh before you post your more level headed predictions.

Good job today!

I like how we have had zero posts from Steeler fans on the weeks they lost. Zero.

Softest fanbase in sports.

Zombo

Are you saying youve missed me? I still check the board but when you boys are having a hell of a time winning games and chicken little is out in full force i try to leave you all alone and literally just read. 

And we're 5-2. Lost a trap game to the bears and the jags are pretty alright. Hell the bears arent horrendous either. 

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Are you saying youve missed me? I still check the board but when you boys are having a hell of a time winning games and chicken little is out in full force i try to leave you all alone and literally just read. 

And we're 5-2. Lost a trap game to the bears and the jags are pretty alright. Hell the bears arent horrendous either. 

You beat a bunch of bad teams...and got lucky against one good team (whose number the Steelers do seem to have).  You will win the division by default.  So you can just go away now and rub one off at the thought of BR's butt.

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Are you saying youve missed me?

Missed you? Kinda like I miss a cold sore, I guess...

Which is a lot better than yinze others that tag along behind you...

You guys are rounding into who I thought you'd be now that Bell has his pre-season behind him.

But Ben still seems different... seems like he's at a job now rather than playing a game. Any sense of that?

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Missed you? Kinda like I miss a cold sore, I guess...

Which is a lot better than yinze others that tag along behind you...

You guys are rounding into who I thought you'd be now that Bell has his pre-season behind him.

But Ben still seems different... seems like he's at a job now rather than playing a game. Any sense of that?

I think ben has his kids and his wife and hes worried about concussions. I think he alluded to retirement too much in the offseason and it may have bit him in the butt a bit. Now with that said i dont believe for a minute hes lost anything, martavis bryant is being a huge pain in the butt and todd haley is extremely frustrating. Ben is still dropping dimes and the line is keeping him clean. I think there are new pieces to the offense and ben has been getting on the same page but ben  has been off his game a bit. Mental and play calling are my reasons. 

Gipper you as per usual dont pay much attention. The steelers defense is legit and the offense is rounding a corner. Im tentatively expecting a 12-4 season at this point and if the team stays healthy they may not drop another game. Gilbert being oft injured hasnt helped ben AT all. (also another factor tour)

Archived