THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe tore his tricep....

Clevfan4life

I could see the shudder in his tricep in the slow mo replay. This sucks. We are going to HATE drango at LT. Get ready for o line misery like we havent exp in a couple years. Before at least the fuk u in the mouth pressure would come from the qb's field of vision, now its done....our qb is gonna get smoked every week from the blind side.

and somehow this tricep injury will be hues fault at years end

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, drango's a bum out at LT. Ive been yelling for 2-3 yeats now to take a tackle high in the draft to start at RT but groom to take over joes spot. Sadly i dont think we did that. 

That tri tear may take joe sometime to heal from, he might just retire. I mean whats the point of rehabbing ur butt off to cone back to this?

Bummer for JT for sure. ... No way his amazing streak would go until he retired, so I guess it was just a matter of time. Hope he gets surgery asap and heals up quick..... Rehab is foreign to him, but I have no doubt he'll be ready to go next year stronger than ever.   

MKC reports "JT to undergo MRI tomorrow. Left Arm in sling. JT has a serious Triceps Injury".. Guys were shocked in huddle where Kessler could hear "we are winning this for Joe"..Sad Day for all Joe Thomas Hero's..#73 Good Luck #1 Badass Badger.. 

29 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Can Shon not slide over?

Looking forward to the “I’ve been saying for years we should have traded JT! Front office - bunch of idiots” posts. 

Not from me, but I have wanted the Browns to consider drafting Joe's eventual replacement the last two drafts. This injury probably forces the Browns to do so now. I just remember the Browns struggling filling the LT position from '99-06 until Thomas was drafted in '07.

33 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Not from me, but I have wanted the Browns to consider drafting Joe's eventual replacement the last two drafts. This injury probably forces the Browns to do so now. I just remember the Browns struggling filling the LT position from '99-06 until Thomas was drafted in '07.

OK... who did you want? What were you willing to invest in a future LT 2 to 5 years before you likely needed him?

Pretty sure we did invest some by taking shots with Coleman and then Rod Johnson in successive drafts... can even throw in signing Zach Banner and Zach Sterup. Banner's a stiff IMO, but Johnson has some gifts... he's just raw. Unfortunately he's also on IR. Sterup? Has a chance, but still a raw kid who's on the PS.

Losing Joe was always the nightmare scenario for this OL... but also seemingly the most remote of possibilities. Sashi simply could not know I was going to buy a Joe T jersey...

So now, assuming Joe is done, then we likely activate Sterup as step one and see what we have. Someone has been taking Joe's Wed reps all season and took all his reps this past week. My guess is those, or at least the Lion's share of those, went to Drango.

My uninformed preference would be flipping Shon to LT and Drango to right. Simply matter of your most athletic OT is your LT. That was Joe; now it's Shon. But I do not know, if Shon has ever played LT. I  know he was RT at Auburn when I "scouted" him.

If Shon can flip, then Drango can start at RT, the side he is used to playing for us at RG and RT. But have to note that he was a LT in college. Some players flip with ease... some can't flip worth a flip.

Banner and Sterup? I think they were both LTs in college. They'd have enough issues without flipping sides.

All that said... This is a tough travel week to figure this all out.

• So my uninformed prediction is Shon stays at RT and Drango gets the London start... with Banner and Sterup in the wings.
  • Then during the Bye Week we explore all the flipping.

Let us pray..

Did some PS surfing..Browns have Zach Sterup & Andrew Wylie on PS.(ones coming up imo) Roderick Johnson sits on IR as the 3rd off the board in 4th round. NYG-Have Adam Bisnowaty on PS as the 4th pick in round 5..Detroit has Dan Skipper on PS 5th pick of 6th round..The rest have some aging as do the FA's 

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

MKC reports "JT to undergo MRI tomorrow. Left Arm in sling. JT has a serious Triceps Injury".. Guys were shocked in huddle where Kessler could hear "we are winning this for Joe"..Sad Day for all Joe Thomas Hero's..#73 Good Luck #1 Badass Badger.. 

Think JT is done as a Brown.  

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

OK... who did you want? What were you willing to invest in a future LT 2 to 5 years before you likely needed him?

In the last draft I liked Ryan Ramczyk, from... wait for it... Wisconsin, as Thomas's eventual replacement at LT.

I dont remember too many  names but for the last coyple drafts i was saying we needed to draft one of these high ranked tackles cause we desperately needed a RT but also as JT's eventual replacement. A tackle has been #1-3 on my depth chart for a while now. 

In 2016 i wanted bosa but would have been good with conklin or tunsil. Not sure how gasmask tunny is doing but we saw conklin today ar RT

18 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

In the last draft I liked Ryan Ramczyk, from... wait for it... Wisconsin, as Thomas's eventual replacement at LT.

So you wanted to spend a late #1... in lieu of Njoku? Peppers? Simply is not what I would have done from a priority/need standpoint at the time.

I never got around to looking at Ryan pre-draft, but shopping for OL at UW is a no-brainer. How is he looking with the Saints?

9 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Joe Thomas tweeted. . .

Tough day today. I appreciate the outpouring of support! MRI Monday to figure out where we go from here. Go Browns!!

I cannot picture Joe going out this way...

27 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

So you wanted to spend a late #1... in lieu of Njoku? Peppers? Simply is not what I would have done from a priority/need standpoint at the time.

I never got around to looking at Ryan pre-draft, but shopping for OL at UW is a no-brainer. How is he looking with the Saints?

I sure did. Having a quality LT is essential in today's NFL, and Thomas was entering his 11th NFL season. It wasn't an if, but a when regarding him either suffering a major injury or hanging up his cleats.

I'm not sure how Ramczyk is presently doing, but he did start the season at LT for the Saints.

P.S. So I went and found my first mock draft for the Browns (Rounds 1-3) in last year's draft (on the board mjp and I are on). Done on 1/2/17, I had the Browns taking Garrett, Alabama CB Marlon Humphrey at Rd 1/#12, then Ramcczyk at 2/#33 and OSU Center Pat Elflein in Round 3. Later in the thread, I added something kind of funny:

"Anyone else think Jabrill Peppers from Michigan is more of a "jack of all trades, master of none" type of guy in the NFL? I question some of the very high rankings on him, especially considering he's projected to be a safety who in college made very few plays at that position."

13 minutes ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

confirmed season of suck continues 0-16

.... or season of perfection - glass 1/2 full thing. 

8 hours ago, wargograw said:

Can Shon not slide over?

Looking forward to the “I’ve been saying for years we should have traded JT! Front office - bunch of idiots” posts. 

Can Bito slide over to LT? I heard some discussion of that possibility in the past.....  

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Yeah that's as important as trying to find that elusive once in a generation "franchise quarterback".

And as we're all going to find out over the next 9 games it's hard to replace an HOF caliber O-linemen especially at LT. 

Joe Thomas is the only jersey I'll ever buy, I think - he was getting pain all over during the season - now he can finally

take a break. Hell of a guy, outstanding LT, Outstanding Cleveland Brown.

38 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Yeah that's as important as trying to find that elusive once in a generation "franchise quarterback".

And as we're all going to find out over the next 9 games it's hard to replace an HOF caliber O-linemen especially at LT. 

You mean we could lose the rest of the games? Actually how much worse can we be?

WSS

Archived