THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe tore his tricep....

Clevfan4life

The patriots picked their LT in the first round and proceeded to win 2 superbowls.  Calling Joe Thomas a bad pick because no one was able to provide him with a QB worth protecting is horribly shortsighted. Over ten years blocking for trash QBs, that’s the problem. If the Browns had drafted Julio Jones, the Browns would still be trash right now because we’d have no one to deliver the ball consistently. Julio would’ve made for a few fun highlights, but not many wins if any. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

And the Ghoolie so many of you chose to use the "ignore" option is slowly, but surely coming back.

Who would have ever predicted this...<_<

Look dude, again, there is nothing vile or unfair about my post. I don't like Joe Thomas. I believe he was a waste of a draft pick, I don't believe he added jack squat to the Browns, and................ 1 - 22 pretty much says, he was a waste of a drat pick. Surely a playmaker would have helped us win a few games, yes?

Again, you are pizzed off because you hate it that I am blasting this guy, BUt I am asking you in FOOTBALL terms................please, demonstrate to me in your precious analytics how JT improved the Browns. If you are telling me I am stupid for expecting that a future Hall Of Famer should have changed the fortune of his team, then I don't know what to tell you.

It would be interesting to look at offensive output BEFORE JT and after JT.

6 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Dude,

I am not spewing hate and venom.  I have a strong opinion of Joe Thomas. Just because this pizzes you off doesn't mean it is disruptive or not valid. I have asked you guys over and over, demonstrate to me in terms of numbers where JT has improved the Browns. That is football talk, dude. Joe Thomas is not sacred. That i think he was a waste of a pick and a non-issue isn't being negative, it isn't trolling, and it isn't at all unacceptable for this forum. I just don't revere this guy. I don't see im as anythign special and frankly, I am glad his career in Cleveland is over. 

Enough of this guy already. He's done. Stick a fork in him. He has absolutely no impact on the Browns future There is a football game Sunday. That's where the focus should be.

Yeah, you’re trying to walk it back now that I’ve called you out. But you’re degenerating into same ole worthless Ghoolie. 

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Didnt joe thomas go to like 30 straight pro bowls? 

10 pro bowls..6 1st Team All Pro..167 straight NFL Games..10363 straight career snaps..

Expected Full Recovery... we will get closer to talking about Football during the off-season.7-9 month heal.Good Luck JT#73   

4 hours ago, wargograw said:

Yeah, you’re trying to walk it back now that I’ve called you out. But you’re degenerating into same ole worthless Ghoolie. 

Dude, I am not walking anything back. Joe Thomas has been an ineffective piece of baloney. He was a waste of a high pick, he has not favorably impacted the Browns in any measurable capacity.Give the attacks on me a rest. I don't like Joe Thomas, there is nothing irritating about my saying that.....only to people like you who idolize this guy.

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

10 pro bowls..6 1st Team All Pro..167 straight NFL Games..10363 straight career snaps..

Expected Full Recovery... we will get closer to talking about Football during the off-season.7-9 month heal.Good Luck JT#73   

hope he recovers fully. Hope we trade him. Time to move on.

Pro Bowls. WOW.............. Do those appearances relate to winning by any chance?

11 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Ur right ghoolie but the feeling in the nfl usually is that everything stsrts with the qb. Sonu can have calvin johnson on the team and it doesnt mean Sheet if the qb is on his butt 2 sec after the snap. 

Joe didnt have much of  an impact because the rest of the line was habitual garbage. Teams just moved their primary edge rushers to the right side. 

I really don't want to beat this dead horse. They guy gave his best, and he is injured, so I hope he recovers 100%. I am just not all gooey over this guy. I really think he was one dimensional and actually hurt the running game by not being a powerful run blocker. So, am I to believe that no other NFL team has a great LT or that this position takes a lifetime to fill? I just don't buy it. Joe was an average athlete who had lucky breaks with longevity.

Let's get back to players who actually can make a difference.

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Pro Bowls. WOW.............. Do those appearances relate to winning by any chance?

Yes, they often do.   But obviously there are some exceptions when you have a great player but the rest of the team sucks.  And, of course, you knew that.  You were just being disingenuous with your comment. 

21 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Those teams had playmakers, They didn't have the total vacuum of playmakers the Browns did. TOTALLY different issue.

No sir. Browns dont have playmakers that part is true. But what YOU said is teams can and do win with low round linemen. You even said some one without any high round linemen.

Just admit it, you were caught saying something wrong

On 10/25/2017 at 12:08 AM, Ghoolie said:

Dude, I am not walking anything back. Joe Thomas has been an ineffective piece of baloney. He was a waste of a high pick, he has not favorably impacted the Browns in any measurable capacity.Give the attacks on me a rest. I don't like Joe Thomas, there is nothing irritating about my saying that.....only to people like you who idolize this guy.

Lol. You know nothing. I have been at the forefront of the trade him train for several years now. I just don't have to go out of my way to be a complete jerk about it. 

Archived