THE BROWNS BOARD

The int's are what killed us today

Clevfan4life

Just horrible throws. Those throws were not on scheme, those were horribly executed throws that predictably led to int's. 

But we also had another couple killer drops. I mean some of these throws our wr's are dropping are perfect crisp spirals coming from kizer. I mean just beautiful balls. Maybe thats the problem, when balls are that perfect the wr thinks its an automatic catch and starts thinking about his next move before the ball is in his hands. I just dunno. Watching the bangals gsme  im seeing dalton in such perfect sync with his receivers, its nice to watch

6 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

penalties, drops, turnovers, and one could argue iffy playcalling at times.

"Iffy". LOL 

Iffy had hunerd $ for every poor play call and every bad decision, Hue coulda retired already.

11 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

penalties, drops, turnovers, and one could argue iffy playcalling at times.

Could definitely argue play calling. The announcers were even ripping Hue on his bad play calls. 

Titans d were in the back field as soon as Kessler snapped the ball. Ever heard of a damn screen? Hue is way over his head. 

27 minutes ago, USFBrown said:

Could definitely argue play calling. The announcers were even ripping Hue on his bad play calls. 

Titans d were in the back field as soon as Kessler snapped the ball. Ever heard of a damn screen? Hue is way over his head. 

Paging Ghoolie- the Titans were playing  9 in the box. No respect for our running or passing game. I'll log back i when I get home in around 3 hours. Another long drive back. 

16 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Paging Ghoolie- the Titans were playing  9 in the box. No respect for our running or passing game. I'll log back i when I get home in around 3 hours. Another long drive back. 

Playing 8-9 in the box means they were respecting/trying to shut down the run game hoorta. U know that right?

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

But we also had another couple killer drops. I mean some of these throws our wr's are dropping are perfect crisp spirals coming from kizer. I mean just beautiful balls. Maybe thats the problem, when balls are that perfect the wr thinks its an automatic catch and starts thinking about his next move before the ball is in his hands. I just dunno. Watching the bangals gsme  im seeing dalton in such perfect sync with his receivers, its nice to watch

Same reaction on Ben's first TD to Brown. Ball was on him as he turned and low, but still he makes the catch... cleanly.

Contrast that to the our route that hit Higgins(?) in the breastplate and bounced away harmlessly... and unhelpfully... falling to the ground. Might have been Louis... anyway I get that the ball was on him fast, but still a real WR hand catches it for a needed first down.

The INT's... yeah hurt bad.

• Kiser's first slipped out of his hand... fluttered almost immediately and then sailed high.
  • Second one he simply did not see the under coming off Njoku. It happens often in the league and to far more experienced QBs than our young rookie. Root cause is the same no matter who throws it... focus on target vs. seeing the field. Said in the chat-Tavern that If Rogers had that situation he pulls down the initial pump, takes two more strides (as does the target) and then lasers the ball just inside the boundary behind the interceding defender.

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Playing 8-9 in the box means they were respecting/trying to shut down the run game hoorta. U know that right?

Nope- not only were they not respecting the run, it was tackle the ball on the way to the QB. on a bunch of those sacks Kessler had no chance to even look up to unload the ball.  

I was hoping we'd at least pull a tie out of this one.  

It was really sad seeing Joe Thomas go down. The whole bar was in shock, like "oh crap! it's Joe Thomas!" You could just tell he wasn't coming back, and it made a difference.

When Lewann and other Titans came over and patted him on the back during Joe's trip to the sideline, it just shows the respect everyone has for how awesome his streak has been, and what a true pro he is. Joe Thomas is the f'n man.

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Same reaction on Ben's first TD to Brown. Ball was on him as he turned and low, but still he makes the catch... cleanly.

Contrast that to the our route that hit Higgins(?) in the breastplate and bounced away harmlessly... and unhelpfully... falling to the ground. Might have been Louis... anyway I get that the ball was on him fast, but still a real WR hand catches it for a needed first down.

The INT's... yeah hurt bad.

• Kiser's first slipped out of his hand... fluttered almost immediately and then sailed high.
  • Second one he simply did not see the under coming off Njoku. It happens often in the league and to far more experienced QBs than our young rookie. Root cause is the same no matter who throws it... focus on target vs. seeing the field. Said in the chat-Tavern that If Rogers had that situation he pulls down the initial pump, takes two more strides (as does the target) and then lasers the ball just inside the boundary behind the interceding defender.

Hey Tour...

So Kizer's red zone pick slipped out of his hand?  I didn't see it that closely.  The shame of it was that Higgins was OPEN, it would've been a first down, and once again cost us a chance at points in a VERY close game.  It's just sad because Kizer made the correct read, had time to throw it, yet wasn't able to deliver an accurate ball when we needed it the MOST.  AGAIN.  Regardless of the reason, no matter if it "slipped"...it just can't happen.  Many of us on this board predicted Kizer would struggle even more in the red zone because he'd be hesitant to cut it loose.  Maybe that's what happened?  Like I said in another post, that ball has to either be on target, or it has to be LOW.  I wouldn't call it a "simple throw", but it's not like it was impossible.  It was probably a 20 yard pass where the QB had to lead the receiver.  There was nobody in front of Higgins, and if the ball was a little low, Higgins either catches it or it bounces off the ground.  YOU CAN'T MISS HIGH OVER THE MIDDLE.  

Now, me and you discussed the second INT in the forum.  You said he should've waited a second, I said he should've thrown it much earlier.  It turns out we were BOTH right.  I went back and watched that play several times, and if Kizer makes the throw almost immediately after the fake, he has a wonderful throwing lane and an open receiver.  He didn't throw it quickly, and he got baited by a savvy defender.  If he pumps it, the defender likely bites and he has a split second to throw it before the WR hits the sideline.  Again, he failed.  

It's worth noting that Kessler came into the game with the ball on our 1 yard line.  He took us down for a FG and it was a HUGE drive for our team following a defensive stand by our defense.  It almost won us the game.  Hindsight being 20/20, we should've attacked the end zone after Kessler hit that deep throw.  We had first and ten after an impressive pass, and I would've liked to see an attack to paydirt.  Can you guys think of many, or any, plays where we attacked the end zone?

Archived