THE BROWNS BOARD

You Decide Week 8

PoeticG

The Dawgs Pick  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the Quarterback for Week 8 in LONDON ENGLAND to face the Vikings!

• Kevin Hogan
    • DeShone Kizer
    • Cody Kessler
  2. 2. Pick the player you would most like to have back!

• Josh Gordon
    • Terrel Pryor
    • Joe Haden
    • Buster Skrine
  3. 3. The 2017 Cleveland Browns are in trouble, hop in the taxi time machine and bring back a legend...

• Otto Graham
    • Jim Brown
    • Paul Brown
    • Bernie Kosar
    • Minnifield AND Dixon

All bets are off! Anybody could play this weekend! I'm getting more excited to see this second half of the season where we get to play spoiler to the AFCN and see if we can find our QBOTF! I think that the more meaning these games begin to have, the better time I have. I mean, it's still a mathematical possibility that we make the playoffs... Kevin Hogan can win 8 games if we start him now... but I think that it's best we all just settle in and start to find the salvageable positions for next year. Ahh, next year, how great shall you be!?

I went with Kessler but I’d like to hear arguments from all sides. Even though I do hate the musical chairs, I think Kessler can get a win, and the fan base needs it as momentum to keep the regime. Long term, that’s a plus. 

I don't think the regime should have to worry about appeasing the fans at this point. I'd rather just find out if Kizer can be the guy. Maybe the best option is Kessler for a few weeks then back to Kizer

Jim Brown should be serviceable in a 3 back rotation

I literally could care less which of three start at qb.  They are all terrible, perhaps equally so.  Kizer was a terrible waste of a second round pick.  It just doesn't matter which of the three we throw out there, and we don't need to 'learn' anything about any of them.

I think that Hogan deserves the chance to redeem himself. The men on the team say they gravitate towards Kevin, that he has the leadership quality. They trust him, one week was not a fair assessment of his abilities. He needs more game reps. He can make the throws we need him to make. He shined in his time as a backup and his first start was a tough AWAY game against a hot team. He should have played this week to be honest but we have to see where his ribs are. I hope the week off allowed him to get ready for this London game, we need him.

I think Kessler did a good job but when we needed a drive to win the game Kessler folded. You have to keep cool and hit the WR behind the pressure... Kessler still can't do this. I like him though in a backup role. 

As I see it, Hogan earned the opportunity, too bad it was against a tough team, then his next chance may be another tough team on the road again. Wish he could have got a chance to play at home vs. a weaker defense... but really, he needs to be tested against the best and if he can handle it then we keep getting better.

Kizer needs to mature a while longer... we felt the need to rush him, he was supposed to sit a year or two. We have Hogan and Kessler, both as capable as Kizer so let the rookie sit awhile and lets get a feel for what we have in the other two. Hogan/Kessler the rest of the year. Start Hogan and let Kessler be the backup, it may turn out better than you expect.  

I didn't need to see Kevin Hogan throw one god damn pass in a browns uniform to know he is not a serviceable nfl qb.  I watched him play at stanford and would always think "damn if they had a decent qb they'd be really good".  Never once in my worst dreams did I imagine this bum taking meaningful snaps in an nfl game.  His release is a god damn train wreck that takes longer from start to finish than it does for me to swim the english channel....and I'm a crappy swimmer.  Anyone who needs to see more of Kevin freaking Hogan to know he is not a decent nfl qb has the scouting acumen of a 16 year old girl on meth.  Kevin Hogan doesn't have a single nfl attribute as far as qb's go....kevin hogan is the answer to the question: What is the complete opposite of Aaron Rodgers?  

Like I said I don't give a crap who the browns throw out there at qb the next 9 games because all the choices are dreadful, but the idea that we need to see more of Kevin Freaking Hogan to know he completely sucks is absurd.

Like if just a random guy were to invite kizer, kessler, and hogan to throw the football in their backyard....you would be able to tell that between the three of them kevin hogan sucks.  Bigtime.  I'm positive that random 25 year old former high school qbs who never even considered playing past high school throw a nicer ball than him.....

Hahaha, "if Stanford had a decent qb they'd be really good" - dude really, you almost made me lol.

Stanford had one of the best records in college football history. They won more games behind Hogan than they did behind Andrew Luck. 

You are out of your mind... do you even know who Kevin Hogan is? 

3 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Hahaha, "if Stanford had a decent qb they'd be really good" - dude really, you almost made me lol.

Stanford had one of the best records in college football history. They won more games behind Hogan than they did behind Andrew Luck. 

You are out of your mind... do you even know who Kevin Hogan is? 

well no they didn't have "one of the best records in college football history" under hogan.  In fact they went 36-10 over his 3 and a half years.  Solid, but nowhere near "one of the best records in college football history.  They could have been better and perhaps went to a college football playoff had they had a better qb(the NW game to open the year was a great example of this and if they win that game they go to the playoff..hogan almost singlehandedly lost it for them)

Hue said it himself.."He hopes to find the guy that does not turn the ball over. Giving team best chance to win games". IMO that's why he's trusting no one but him to call the plays..Hue goes home, looks in the mirror & repeats= "You FO geeks stuck me with these 3 Turds, at least let me try to coach'em"..Right now that's Kessler..I also blame Hue for some piss poor Game Management..But Hue did not lift the lid either while pissing away some real Talent for 2nd hand picks to save his job either..Hue deserves at least to face the music at end of season..53 players in that locker-room have far more say than we do..That Defense can win a few games..The Offensive Talent-Level Side of ball is a absolutely atrocious    

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

Buster Skrine? I haven’t even heard his name in a year. 

I vote Gordon, but seeing as how that’s a pipe dream, I’ll go K’Waun Williams. 

He is having a pretty decent year, dude. 

16 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

Like if just a random guy were to invite kizer, kessler, and hogan to throw the football in their backyard....you would be able to tell that between the three of them kevin hogan sucks.  Bigtime.  I'm positive that random 25 year old former high school qbs who never even considered playing past high school throw a nicer ball than him.....

Hard to argue your point. Hogan blows maximus.

^^It's Browns football.. Who knows weather to Laugh or Cry....It was the same crap when Hue basically pulled Crow yesterday. "You geeks want me to show you Crows value but Duke see's holes while Crow bangs into OL butts"..I can see London, I see France, I can also see Crow banging into some more players backs..  9:30AM D-Bone... What time u Up in Cali Time?   

18 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

^^It's Browns football.. Who knows weather to Laugh or Cry....It was the same crap when Hue basically pulled Crow yesterday. "You geeks want me to show you Crows value but Duke see's holes while Crow bangs into OL butts".. 

I was just imagining Hue talking to himself in the mirror, thanking the FO for the 3 turds in the QB room and that was just funny as heck to me! 

Kevin Hogan is going to light London on fire! I've got my London Broil shirt ready for gametime and it's going to be glorious! 

Watch this motherShmucking video you Hogan haters and tell me that you don't want him leading this YOUNG team. For the youngest team in the league Hogan is just what they need. Most of these guys are fresh out of college. Give them a tremendous college football player/leader in Hogan and watch these young guys thrive.

Yeah I don't get the Hogan hate. It's odd to me. It's only fair to start Kessler but I would also like to see Hogan get another shot. Kizer....... no more shots. Maybe next year he can have one. He sucks. Check the stats. I don't care how big or strong his arm is. HE SUCKS AND IT HAS BEEN PROVEN IN HIS 6 STARTS.

I don't think this question is easy to answer now that Joe is gone. If Joe is playing, then I say Kessler should definitely start. But since he's not playing, it would be a VERY long day for Kessler in the pocket. You remember how bad it was for Kessler last year when Joe WAS playing? Teams will simply blitz the crap out of us, and Kessler will go down with another concussion. Just look at overtime Sunday. Now granted, not every team will have Orakpo, but we literally couldn't get A YARD in overtime. We couldn't even snap the ball without getting our butts blown apart. What do you think is going to happen this week? Receivers won't get open, Cody won't have time, and he'll just fall down in a crumpled mass whenever someone breaths on him. For crying out loud, Cody got sacked when a defender grabbed his foot. He's GOT to break out of that. 

Oddly enough, Kessler had some decent numbers against the blitz. But I think this is slightly skewed because teams basically blitzed him EVERY down. Blitz, blitz, blitz. But now there's no Pryor to throw to. No down the field match up to win. No safety outlet (Reminds me of the Justice League trailer. "There are no Lanterns. No Protectors. No Kryptonium. This quarterback will fall...like all the others.") 

Anyways, I think I want Kessler to start, but I also remember how I thought Hogan could come in and provide a semi stable presence and move the ball without making terrible decisions. So that's what I'm afraid of now. We bench Kizer (again) and Cody comes in and stinks up the joint, then I guess we go BACK to Kizer? I mean...that doesn't sound particularly awesome. 

The one thing I can tell you is that Kessler is accurate. Yes he threw a bad ball that got picked, but he was trying to make a damn play. Heck, Cody's best throw while under pressure was dropped by Britt and it wasn't close to being caught. Would've been a huge gainer too. Maybe Kessler can get the ball to Duke consistently. Use the middle of the field a bit more. We also need to get the ball to Higgins more. He's made a couple catches this year and gotten extra yards by making nice moves after the catch. I want more of that. Of course, Kizer missed Higgins by 10 feet for what should've been the play of the game, but I digress. 

Start Kessler. 

Don't let this distract you from the fact that the Cleveland Browns traded the 2016 2nd Overall pick to the Philadelphia Eagles, who drafted Carson Wentz..
Wentz, now in his 2nd season has 17TDs on only 7 games, meanwhile.. The Browns have gone through 5 QBs in 2 seasons..

Should of drafted Wentz..

Archived