THE BROWNS BOARD

monday night football crew trolls....

Tacosman

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

our qb situation by pointing out how we chose not to select Wentz....

I still like corey coleman more.  Yeah wentz is throwing 64 yard td passes for the team with the nfl's best record, but we have corey coleman!!

C'mon Man...... use some pink font! 

24 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

our qb situation by pointing out how we chose not to select Wentz....

I still like corey coleman more.  Yeah wentz is throwing 64 yard td passes for the team with the nfl's best record, but we have corey coleman!!

And if he was in cleveland throwing at the moving stone gargoyles we have running out into the patterns, they'd be mocking us for yet another draft day miss. Gruden would then switch to "i told u so mode" cause if i rem correctly he had reservations about wentz. But now im sure he's in full oral mode to the root with young carson

I'm still not convinced that had we of drafted him, he would be something else entirely....... and not in a good Las Vegas way. 

Just now, D Bone said:

I'm still not convinced that had we of drafted him, he would be something else entirely....... and not in a good Las Vegas way. 

well can someone please photocopy the plans of drafting and building a team and fax it to the browns FO re: you guys suck?

cuz the browns have only been trying for 18 years now.

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

There's no justifying it, the browns made a terrible decision in not drafting Wentz. It almost makes me sick to my stomach honestly. He's the next Big Ben and instead we got a wr who can't keep his hand in one piece. Colossal swing and a miss.

how many is this now? TR. weeden. powell. manziel. i/m too flippin tired to remember the rest BUT.....

ughh.

6 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

There's no justifying it, the browns made a terrible decision in not drafting Wentz. It almost makes me sick to my stomach honestly. He's the next Big Ben and instead we got a wr who can't keep his hand in one piece. Colossal swing and a miss.

THIS. The dumbass Browns should be trolled hard for not getting a stud QB that they've been needing since 1999. And Sahsi and Depodesta need punched right in their faces repeatedly.

The fact that they didn't project him being a TOP 20 F'N QB proves without a doubt that these idiots have no idea how to evaluate talent whatsoever, and have no business being in charge of anything related to an NFL team. F*** all of them, Hue included.

So sick of trying to stay supportive of such a loser disfunctional franchise. The multitude of crappy top draft picks every single year is just mind boggling. I think it's mathematically impossible to be so wrong all the damn time.

39 minutes ago, Zombo said:

They haven't mentioned the 5 times we could have had Cousins ... so there's that.

Zombo

because people don't get dissed for failing to find the needle in the haystack(or whatever).  But when it's a guy that a lot of people DO rate highly and you have a chance to get him and you pass because you rate him not very high....well you damn better be right.

33 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Man, bro, c'mon. This is the worst apologetic euphemism of all. " Yeah, he's good, but I 'm just not sure he would have worked in Cleveland".

Dude, just man up and admit it, the Browns are a laughing stock because of their drafting. The Browns blew it with Wentz, and Goff, too. Julio Jones wasn't good enough, Ben wasn't good enough.................. always the excuse, "Oh, he wouldn't have worked out in Cleveland". 

Here is the real issue. For whatever reason, the Cleveland Browns have purposely chosen not to participate in the drafting of top QBs and WRs, and it has finally come home to haunt us.

I've been having the same conversation w/ a buddy of mine. You have to roll the dice on a top QB at some point. Yeah, they might not work out.... but how the hell do you expect anything good to happen if you keep passing on top prospects?

You'd think they'd have realized "We royally messed up Wentz. Let's redeem ourselves and get a top QB in this draft"

NOPE!

I hope Watson and Wentz get ROTY and MVP respectively. Just to stick it to our idiotic decision makers.

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

No no no. None of this nonsense they people knew Wentz would be good. None of these comments saying he'd perform like that here

Go look at the Eagles skill players. Now look at ours

a lot of people obviously thought wentz would be good because he was predicted to go in the GOD DAMN TOP TWO OR THREE PICKS OF THE ENTIRE NFL DRAFT.  It's not like teams were trying to trade into the top few picks to draft crappy qbs dude, so of course there were lots of evaluators who thought he would be good.

As for the eagles skill players, they are...allright I guess?  A really good tight end but then a lot of retreads or unproven guys at wideout slots.  Nelson Aguilar has largely been dissapointing and we'll end up paying more for a year of kenny britt than they will for jeffries.  It's not some great cast around him...

45 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Man, bro, c'mon. This is the worst apologetic euphemism of all. " Yeah, he's good, but I 'm just not sure he would have worked in Cleveland".

Dude, just man up and admit it, the Browns are a laughing stock because of their drafting. The Browns blew it with Wentz, and Goff, too. Julio Jones wasn't good enough, Ben wasn't good enough.................. always the excuse, "Oh, he wouldn't have worked out in Cleveland". 

Here is the real issue. For whatever reason, the Cleveland Browns have purposely chosen not to participate in the drafting of top QBs and WRs, and it has finally come home to haunt us.

I guess it's just decades of being beaten down............ 

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

No no no. None of this nonsense they people knew Wentz would be good. None of these comments saying he'd perform like that here

He was #1 or #2 in most scouts reports, so I think tons of people expected him to be very good. The Eagles gave up a lot to get that pick. They expected him to be awesome too.  Nobody really expected it this fast, or expected him to have 17 TD's already, but they absolutely thought he'd be a good QB with sky high upside. What's pathetic is he had more wins after 3 games than we'll prob have in 2 full seasons.  Hey, it's not like there was a law keeping them from picking a standout WR other than Coleman, injuries suck, its not his fault, but he's still been unable to play.

It is relevant because he was right there for the Browns and everyone knows we F'd up. Two yrs in a row, the higher powers of football are dropping a potential pro bowler right in your lap, and our decision makers think "nah, we're good w/ our QB's"  Not to play favorites, they also miss on any WR they draft as well.

You realize the last rookie QB that had some highlight reel throws and showed promise in a W for us was JFF? You should be able to put more than 1 win together in 1.5 seasons. There is no way they have that little talent, and if they truly have that little talent, then that's just more proof that the organization has absolutely no idea what it's doing and Sashi And Paul need beaten with rubber hoses.

8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I have, and it's really not true. First off, it's not my job that I get paid 100's of thousands of dollars to do to decide who is good and who isn't. There are pretty solid rumors that this FO thought Wentz wasn't even going to be a top 20 QB. That's bad, really bad.

Now let's talk about the talent fallacy. Here's all the guys who caught and rushed for the Eagles in 2016: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/phi/2016.htm

Tell me, who jumps off the page at you there? Let's start with Ertz, because he's a good player no doubt. But beyond that-Jordan Matthews, the dude they traded because they didn't see enough talent?Nelson Agholor, the dude who until the end of last year was firmly on the "bust" bubble? Ryan Matthews, the oft injured back? Darren Sproles, a good player but who was 32 last year? Point is, while the talent was perhaps marginally better, it wasn't days better. Wentz showed last year he was the dude despite the talent.

So yeah, they upgraded a decent bit for 2017. Here's the roster now: http://www.nfl.com/teams/philadelphiaeagles/roster?team=PHI

But who ACTUALLY jumps off the page there again beside Ertz? Alshon Jeffrey, a oft injured dude who couldn't get more than a "show me" 1 year deal? Torrey Smith, a long since journeyman? Blount, a bruiser for sure but who's turning 32 this year? 

So no man, the talent isn't days ahead of ours. The difference is they have a QB who MAKES the talent better, not EXPECTS the talent to bail him out. That fundamental difference is there for quality, franchise QB's and the garbage we've been churning since 1999. There's no excuse-this dude literally fell into our lap and somehow he got brushed aside.

I'll leave you with this: 

This isn't the type of Sheet someone learns. This is the type of thing someone has or they don't. We easily could have drafted the guy who had it, and we didn't. Plain and simple, and this is the type of mistake that should cost jobs.

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

The flipside to that is that you can build up your other skill positions once you have your guy. Wentz may not look like the player he is now for the Eagles but he would still look like something you could build a team around. The Kizer pick and likely one other would have been WRs.

10 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

You pretty much nailed it.  Our front office will never get away from Wentz, and they'll never get away from Watson.  It will haunt them and our fans for years to come.  I predicted it will cost our front office their jobs.  When we brought in Hue and the new front office, the MAIN GOAL was obviously to construct a team built for the long run, but do you remember how everyone was talking about "getting the QB position fixed"?  Yeah, and how's THAT going so far, brain trust?  The worst part was how Sashi doubled down on his ignorance by saying, "We didn't have him as a top 20 QB"?  BWAHAHAHAHA.  

10 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

You cant just say coleman. Who else did the browns draft with the trade down accumulation of draft picks? 

20 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

You cant just say coleman. Who else did the browns draft with the trade down accumulation of draft picks? 

The Browns got the following: 

#8 pick (turned to 15) to pick Coleman-not working out so far

3rd round pick-OT shone Coleman. He is a starter but not showing to be elite, yet anyway

2017-1st round pick-hard to say exactly due to trade, but closest pick would have been for Peppers. Big ol bag of nope so far.

2018- 2nd round pick, obviously TBD.

So yeah man, I can say in that trade the Eagles were the CLEAR winners unless that 2nd round pick turns into an elite franchise QB.

38 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

You pretty much nailed it.  Our front office will never get away from Wentz, and they'll never get away from Watson.  It will haunt them and our fans for years to come.  I predicted it will cost our front office their jobs.  When we brought in Hue and the new front office, the MAIN GOAL was obviously to construct a team built for the long run, but do you remember how everyone was talking about "getting the QB position fixed"?  Yeah, and how's THAT going so far, brain trust?  The worst part was how Sashi doubled down on his ignorance by saying, "We didn't have him as a top 20 QB"?  BWAHAHAHAHA.  

Watson I can at least justify, at least a little bit. There was a good bit to like, but there was a lot of question marks that still could be exposed at teams prepare for him. Wentz draft status basically boiled down to the fact he hurt his wrist (understandable) and he played in FCS (somewhat legit). Literally everything else was A+ draft stock.

I didn't want goff at all. ... I even showed pics of Wentz and his pretty girlfriend...

and then couldn't find a pic of goff with anybody ever.  He was boring.

Ah, just draft Josh Allen next year and we can forget about agonizing over Wentz.

Once in a long while, the Browns should read my mock drafts in the first round. Oh, wait,

maybe they did - they drafted Joe Thomas. LOL

Archived