THE BROWNS BOARD

monday night football crew trolls....

Tacosman

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Yeah? Actually I'd rather be in the brown situation than taken Jared Goff, who cost the first overall pick.  It's a crapshoot kids.

WSS

I was obviously all in on Wentz ... But Goff is in first place too. 9 TDs 4 INTs. Our QBs are 7 TDs 17 Ints and last place.

But Goff was awful last year ... so there is hope for Kizer next year. Too late to get the Rams coach, I guess.

Zombo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious how many people here really wanted the Browns to take a DII QB with 20 or so college starts, who made about a 1/3rd the college pass attempts as Goff #2 overall.

I mean, it's turned out to be the right call, but I'll totally admit I wasn't buying Wentz as he entered the Draft. That being said, this isn't meant to be an excuse for the Browns front office passing him up. They get paid tons of money to make these decisions. I'm a slapdick on a message board talking to other slapdicks.

12 hours ago, miktoxic said:

i think the fans (including you and i) knew that wentz was the real deal BUT wait.............let's trade down!!!!

I didn't... still don't...

12 hours ago, Mike H said:

Where’s Tour2ma and his cowpoop theory about how Wentz can’t throw down field or work through progressions?

Hey Mikey! Good old, "Manziel hit'em in stride", Mikey...

Just wrote up how I still don't see "progressions" from Carson... doesn't come off his primary ever, unless he's pressured.

As for throw downfield... I don't reacall that, but if I said it, I was wrong. Kid throws a great deep ball... kid throws a great ball period... just to his first read... unless he's pressured.

Don't be a stranger...

Oh.... and you can't say "poop" anymore here...

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I didn't want goff at all.

I did... :)

A  lot easier to admit this season.

39 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm curious how many people here really wanted the Browns to take a DII QB with 20 or so college starts, who made about a 1/3rd the college pass attempts as Goff #2 overall.

I mean, it's turned out to be the right call, but I'll totally admit I wasn't buying Wentz as he entered the Draft. That being said, this isn't meant to be an excuse for the Browns front office passing him up. They get paid tons of money to make these decisions. I'm a slapdick on a message board talking to other slapdicks.

There were plenty that wanted Wentz.... but as Mikey, with whom you never had the pleasure of posting, intimated, I was not among them for the very reasons you mentioned.

Now? Everyone with an inkling is coming out of the Wentz woodwork. Romanticizing the guy as a consensus "top one or two" pick when he wasn't. The guy that caused CBS Sports to give the Iggles draft a "B-" for overdrafting him... for overraching for him.

14 hours ago, Zombo said:

They haven't mentioned the 5 times we could have had Cousins ... so there's that.

Zombo

WHY IN GODDAMN HELL DIDN'T WE DRAFT BART STARR IN 1956 TO TAKE OVER FROM THE RETIRING OTTO GRAHAM. DAMMIT HE WAS THERE FOR US TO PICK AT #200.  INSTEAD WE TAKE THE LIKES OF SHERMAN PLUNKETT, BILL UNDERDONK....YES...THAT'S HIS REAL NAME. HARRY JAVERNICK, AND THURLOW COOPER.  IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL TO THINK THAT WE COULDA HAD HIM AND WE PASSED ON HIM. I DON'T CARE THAT I WAS 4 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME AND I AM NOW 65....ITS JUST ANOTHER LINE OF DAMNED STUPID MISTAKES BY THE BROWNS FRONT OFFICE.  BY CHRIST WHY CAN'T THEY DO SOMETHING RIGHT FOR ONCE!  THAT PAUL BROWN COULDN'T TELL A QB FROM A GOPHER HOLE!!!!!

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

WHY IN GODDAMN HELL DIDN'T WE DRAFT BART STARR IN 1956 TO TAKE OVER FROM THE RETIRING OTTO GRAHAM. DAMMIT HE WAS THERE FOR US TO PICK AT #200.  INSTEAD WE TAKE THE LIKES OF SHERMAN PLUNKETT, BILL UNDERDONK....YES...THAT'S HIS REAL NAME. HARRY JAVERNICK, AND THURLOW COOPER.  IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL TO THINK THAT WE COULDA HAD HIM AND WE PASSED ON HIM. I DON'T CARE THAT I WAS 4 YEARS OLD AT THE TIME AND I AM NOW 65....ITS JUST ANOTHER LINE OF DAMNED STUPID MISTAKES BY THE BROWNS FRONT OFFICE.  BY CHRIST WHY CAN'T THEY DO SOMETHING RIGHT FOR ONCE!  THAT PAUL BROWN COULDN'T TELL A QB FROM A GOPHER HOLE!!!!!

We get your point.

If Kizer wins a championship like Ryan did everyone will move on from who we have passed over in the past few years.

Until then, it is legitimate conversation on the Browns Board. 

Certainly not worth being yelled at in Red All Caps for discussing it.

Z

9 minutes ago, Zombo said:

If Kizer wins a championship like Ryan did everyone will move on from who we have passed over in the past few years.

Or Rosen...  or Darnold... or Allen... or ToursSuperSecretSleeperV2018 (who's climbing boards already)

or...

Alex Smith... ;)

12 hours ago, D Bone said:

I guess it's just decades of being beaten down............ 

It's okay, but you know the first step in beating bad behavior is a face it a la...."I am an alcoholic"

The Browns have a culture problem and it isn't just the FO, The fans, media and some past, influential players feed this mess. Remember, we had two owners that know nothing about football. For whatever reason, the culture around Cleveland is that the team should not "waste" draft picks on QBs and playmakers. This crap about accumulating assets, building for the future, adding all the foundation players, is a cancer............and absolute cancer. You can see the results of it right here on this board. We are 1 - 22 under this philosophy, we have watched great QBs and playmakers come and go....over and over........... and STILL...........there is a prevailing thought process here of F$%# em, those guys suck and would not have been right for our system.

Jesus, Joseph and Mary..............Goff, Wentz, Rivers, J. Jones, AJ, Green, Roethlisberger, and on and on it goes. yeah, none of those guys were a fit for us......... we have gems like Corey Coleman and Kizer.

I am telling you, the first key to the Browns getting better is to get Jim Brown, Bernie Kosar and Doug Dieken as far away from the organization as possible. This BS workman style of drafting has provided 17 years of feces. I don't know of any team who has spent more money or time on the damned OL. JB spent his entire career whining about how Jim Taylor and Paul Horngung had great offensive lines, and I promise you, he is still chirping his BS into Haslam's ear.

Until the Browns management comes forward and says loudly and clearly, " We have been wrong, we have wasted our draft picks on non-essential players, they will continue to be the laughing stock of the NFL.

The point is not how good Goff, Wentz or Watson are doing. That is sickening enough for Haslam. The real issue is that the Browns have not participated in the market of top level QBs or WRs for 18 years now. 

Finding a great QB is tough enough without making matters worse by not even trying to get one.

Kizer, Hogan and Kessler, three blind mice; the culmination of a team that simply does not believe in, and understand the importance of a QB and leader.

14 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Or Rosen...  or Darnold... or Allen... or ToursSuperSecretSleeperV2018 (who's climbing boards already)

or...

Alex Smith... ;)

Sounds like Darnold is staying in school.    I like Alex Smith with someone new calling the plays.

14 hours ago, Tacosman said:

This bullshite about how other players wouldn't be doing the same thing on our team is absurd....thats how I know an argument is a losing argument, when someone starts up with that nonsense.  

I wonder what it would take to trade for Wentz now?  Seriously?

Really? So he’d be doing just as well? You believe that?

Calling something absurd then throwing in some italics doesn’t make it true. 

13 hours ago, Tacosman said:

a lot of people obviously thought wentz would be good because he was predicted to go in the GOD DAMN TOP TWO OR THREE PICKS OF THE ENTIRE NFL DRAFT.  It's not like teams were trying to trade into the top few picks to draft crappy qbs dude, so of course there were lots of evaluators who thought he would be good.

As for the eagles skill players, they are...allright I guess?  A really good tight end but then a lot of retreads or unproven guys at wideout slots.  Nelson Aguilar has largely been dissapointing and we'll end up paying more for a year of kenny britt than they will for jeffries.  It's not some great cast around him...

Lol. The same bunch that spends all their time telling everyone how much our players suck now tells us they’re as good as the best team in the league’s. That’s good stuff. 

12 minutes ago, wargograw said:

The Browns are the worst team in the NFL over the last two seasons.

Of course Wentz wouldn't do as well. He would, though, be light years better than any QB the Browns have now, and would be the franchise QB to build the rest of the team around. The Browns flat-out missed on him, but there's nothing they can do about it now. (Nor can we).

What we all can hope for is that with the upcoming draft the Browns (whoever is manning the ship come next April) figures out who is the best QB, actually takes them, and is right.

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

We get your point.

Until then, it is legitimate conversation on the Browns Board. 

Certainly not worth being yelled at in Red All Caps for discussing it.

Z

Of course it is worth it.....its called Catharsis!!

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

The point is not how good Goff, Wentz or Watson are doing. That is sickening enough for Haslam. The real issue is that the Browns have not participated in the market of top level QBs or WRs for 18 years now.

Hi,my names Gumby & am here to help :P..your accordion redneck greatest dumpster fire hits..Here's your Gary Allan chorus...So I'm just sittin' around here watchin' QB"s. Take Off & Fly..Tryin' to figure out which One We might be on?(28)..And why.. The Browns don't love us anymore..                                                    

7 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I didn't... still don't...

Hey Mikey! Good old, "Manziel hit'em in stride", Mikey...

Just wrote up how I still don't see "progressions" from Carson... doesn't come off his primary ever, unless he's pressured.

As for throw downfield... I don't reacall that, but if I said it, I was wrong. Kid throws a great deep ball... kid throws a great ball period... just to his first read... unless he's pressured.

Don't be a stranger...

Oh.... and you can't say "poop" anymore here...

at some point what you do is what you do....regardless of how you do it.  If wentz keeps playing like this, none of it really matters how he comes to that final product.....

I dont know if wentz will continue to be good, but he's been real good so far in 2017 in terms of what he has actually done.Im not a huge fan though.  Hell we'd obviously be in a  better position if we had him than corey freaking coleman, a safety who cant play safety, and a second round pick....

Goff looks good too. Watson looks good.  And we're sitting on our butt with three garbage qbs and a soon to be fired head coach.  Blah....

5 hours ago, wargograw said:

he'd be doing well.  It's not like he is throwing toin their prime randy moss and marvin harrison as wideouts now.  He has a pro bowl caliber tight end.  Their signing of Alshon was very similar to our signing of britt.  After we cut britt this year he'll actually get more total comp paid out than the eagles paid alshon for 2018.  Have you ever considered that if britt had signed with the eagles and had an actual qb throwing to him he may actually have been the serviceable starting veteran wideout we expected?  Dont forget we also invested a ton in our offensive line so our crappy qbs have something there at least......

so yeah, qbs who play well....play well.  I'm not going to pretend to know exactly how many tds and whatnot he would throw, but the point is he's played well and our qbs havent.  

Reasonable take... Although I think the gap between their WR corps, and RB stable, and ours is greater than you are letting on, the bigger issue is coaching.

Wentz still looks to be "reined in" to my eye and that's in a tailored offense in which he reportedly has input.... as in "like this not this, how about this" imput.

Not hearing any tails of that out of CLE... or Berea...

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Reasonable take... Although I think the gap between their WR corps, and RB stable, and ours is greater than you are letting on, the bigger issue is coaching.

Wentz still looks to be "reined in" to my eye and that's in a tailored offense in which he reportedly has input.... as in "like this not this, how about this" imput.

I don't think theres any chance that is happening in Cleveland with Kizer.    Like him or not coming out of ND, the guy had some success playing at a top D1 school.   So why isn't our coaching staff studying the ND games in which Kizer played well and designing plays around those strengths?  Now maybe they are and he just sucks.  But the play calling and plays look the same with Kizer and with Hogan when he started.   An example of that was made throughout the Texans game of why were the Browns running plays that required Hogan to make that long deep out throw outside the numbers where he doesn't have the arm to make the throw (Kizer does have the arm, just not the accuracy) so why did we keep doing that?   Hue just isn't that good of a coach unfortunately or he just keeps doing the same thing over and over hoping for a new result.

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

and as I pointed out elsewhere how much of the disaster that is Kenny Britt is due to the fact that we dont have a qb.  Kenny Britt ran routes and was a somewhat serviceable reciever for the rams the last 3 years....my guess is that if we had signed jeffries instead on a 1 year deal like the eagles did he would be doing about what kenny britt is now instead of being a serviceable target for them.  

my other point is that wentz will eventually be judged on what he actually does(I have no real position on the matter) and you're still judging him like he's a prospect in college.  If  he's reined in to a degree that will be a limiting factor that will show in the performance.  

5 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Hue just isn't that good of a coach unfortunately or...

... he only knows one way, one style, one offense to coach.

The paradox is Kizer is the most equipped for that Offense.

1 minute ago, Tacosman said:

... you're still judging him like he's a prospect in college.  If  he's reined in to a degree that will be a limiting factor that will show in the performance.  

That is what I tend to do, i.e., evaluate players. Started with him at NDSU... no reason to stop now.

Mechanically I see Wentz improving over his NDSU days and his rookie season. Out old buddy Flipper has been working with him and Carson spent summertime working "with motion mechanics instructor Adam Dedeaux."

Head? Coming along as well... not yet "there"... but coming along.

Disagree on your let the numbers talk approach... have to look behind them. The reason he started quick last year was a very tight, limited scheme. As they opened up his playbook some thru the season his numbers fell. This year the playbook looks to even be further open, so he can handle a greater volume of plays, but it looks to me as if his options in a given play are limited with a heavy, close to exclusive, restricted options on a given play... i.e., the primary the play was designed to free up. Of course he has to recognize whether the D is cooperating per-snap, and he's doing that well.

27 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Yes it is...but possibly Kizer just isn't that good. 

Entirely possible... all depends on the head coming along.

If it doesn't? Well... we've spent more on failures haven't we?

Archived