THE BROWNS BOARD

monday night football crew trolls....

Tacosman

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

thats not what I wrote...I said his performance quality is all that matters in the end.  How he gets there isn't a big concern.  

Ah... Well in that case...  I "apple-a-gize"....

1 hour ago, Tacosman said:

he'd be doing well.  It's not like he is throwing toin their prime randy moss and marvin harrison as wideouts now.  He has a pro bowl caliber tight end.  Their signing of Alshon was very similar to our signing of britt.  After we cut britt this year he'll actually get more total comp paid out than the eagles paid alshon for 2018.  Have you ever considered that if britt had signed with the eagles and had an actual qb throwing to him he may actually have been the serviceable starting veteran wideout we expected?  Dont forget we also invested a ton in our offensive line so our crappy qbs have something there at least......

so yeah, qbs who play well....play well.  I'm not going to pretend to know exactly how many tds and whatnot he would throw, but the point is he's played well and our qbs havent.  

I can’t take you seriously if you’re going to keep saying Kenny Britt is just as good as Alston Jeffery. 

24 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I can’t take you seriously if you’re going to keep saying Kenny Britt is just as good as Alston Jeffery. 

the idea was that one reason Britt is sucking so much is that there is no decent qb to throw to him....put Jeffery here and he is probably loafing around too with these bums throwing to him. I'd rather have Jeffery- perhaps you should ask your boy Sashi why he gave Britt all that guaranteed money

2 minutes ago, wargograw said:

So you admit Jeffery is better. Thanks. 

do you have a point here?  We all know our skill players suck; my point was it's not like wentz is throwing to all stud wideouts(there is a reason jeffery couldnt get a lot of guaranteed money from anyone) and we have invested a that in our O line which should benefit our crappy qbs(or theoretically wentz).....you're far too caught up in this second guessing about how some good player/qb would do here when you just need to focus on the fact that we need GOOD players/qb.  If wentz is a good qb, and most people seem to think he is going to be one now, then we would benefit from a good qb regardless of any of that...because our qbs now suck

6 hours ago, wargograw said:

My point is the 10 guys around Wentz (plus non-starters) are significantly better than ours. 

wargograw-"This team down the road is really talented." (in ref to the Browns)

Slight contradiction or are you saying they are talented but not playing like it yet?

21 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

wargograw-"This team down the road is really talented." (in ref to the Browns)

Slight contradiction or are you saying they are talented but not playing like it yet?

Skill=talent plus experience. The 3 star RS senior who's been starting for 3 years (think Sean Porter) is as good as the 5 star true fish. Obviously a 5 star senior (Jonathan Allen, Jake Matthews, etc.) will blow both away. 

I think we have alot of talent sprinkled around this roster that won't show up until it's much more experienced. Of course, blowing up the regime will severely hinder the acquisition of said experience. 

Often when I say "that dude is talented," I actually am saying he's skilled rather than talented. Sometimes I say "he's so good" when in reality a guy isn't that good yet, he's just flashing some talent. I'll try to be more precise in the future. 

On 10/24/2017 at 10:40 PM, wargograw said:

My point is the 10 guys around Wentz (plus non-starters) are significantly better than ours. 

Did you read my rant on this? Yes, I wouldn't argue they are by definition better but you're fooling yourself to say those guys are world beaters either. The fact of the matter is Wentz is MAKING those guys better. That's what elite QB's do.

Archived