THE BROWNS BOARD

Start Kevin Hogan!

PoeticG

24 minutes ago, Mark O said:

But other than those 27 points we had given up.....the Browns were right in the game.   :wacko:

If it wasn't for the fact that the entire 7th Calvary got wiped out at the Battle of Little Bighorn, the U.S. had a pretty good showing.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hogan did not have a week to prepare for the start. It was thrust upon him on Wednesday with only 3 days to play. I don't doubt he wasn't ready though. He prepares each and every day to be the starter, thus why he was in position to be the starter. 

Just now, PoeticG said:

Hogan did not have a week to prepare for the start. It was thrust upon him on Wednesday with only 3 days to play. I don't doubt he wasn't ready though. He prepares each and every day to be the starter, thus why he was in position to be the starter. 

more excuses for a back up QBs shitty performance as a starter. 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

This is absolutely true of people who think Kevin Hogan and his noodle arm is the next Steve Young.

Noodle Arm -LOLOLOL!!! That's hilarious. Did you come up with that yourself. Would make sense, since it's certainly untrue.

Who were the starting WRs for Hogan vs. The Texans? - I'll wait.

Still waiting for a response... of course that would take rubbing brain cells together... maybe I'm asking too much?

2 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Who were the starting WRs for Hogan vs. The Texans? - I'll wait.

The same ones who start when Kizer has played but that isn't stopping you from judging his poor play.  Maybe because you haven't had Kizers wanker up your ass. 

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Kevin Hogan and his noodle arm has made one start in his career.

I bet he doesn't make another 15 starts in his entire career. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't come close to that, actually.

Exactly, 1 start. Kizer has Sheet the bed 6 times. Kessler 8 times. You guys are bad at math... and it's very basic math at that.

1 minute ago, Mark O said:

The same ones who start when Kizer has played but that isn't stopping you from judging his poor play.  Maybe because you haven't had Kizers wanker up your butt. 

Kizer had Britt.

Did you watch the video yet? Hmm... 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Hahahaha!

You are trying to say Kenny Britt not being available HURT Hogan?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Yes, and that you find that not having a veteran WR on the field is funny tells me all I need to know.

I'm done with you and this topic.  This basically sums up what everyone who watches objectively have been saying....

QB Kevin Hogan

College: Stanford
Year: RS Senior
Birth Year: 1992
Height: 6-4
Weight: 218

Analysis

For four years Kevin Hogan led Stanford’s offense brilliantly, building a reputation as one of the hardest workers and better leaders in college football. Despite average physical tools and less-than-ideal mechanics, Hogan typically got results, playing especially well on some big stages in 2015. The fifth-year senior made strides every season, but even last year I would have told you he was undraftable. Fast-forward to 2015, and my criticism of Hogan has certainly softened somewhat.

Hogan will never have an elite arm, but I believe he possesses the necessary tools to be at least an adequate passer to all levels of the field. His deep ball is inconsistent, but Hogan’s ability to throw with touch from a sound base is impressive. He can drop the ball in the bucket with enough arm strength to stretch a defense vertically. The senior’s mid-range velocity is solid, but only when he has the time and space to step into throws. Compromise his feet at all, and the results can get ugly.

Therein lies one of the bigger concerns with Hogan, how he performs when the protection breaks down. His escapability is impressive, as Hogan remains one of the more athletic quarterbacks in the 2016 class. Once on the move however, Hogan is more improvisational than he is accurate, typically struggling to set his feet and deliver an accurate throw. He can get frazzled when contained in the pocket under pressure, throwing off his back foot and forcing ill-advised passes into tight coverage. Hogan is at his best on deep drops when he can establish a clean base and be afforded time to load up the ball.

That brings us to the most bizarre aspect of Hogan’s skill set, his elongated delivery. The Stanford passer drops the ball low before slinging his arm upward in an almost circular motion, a release that is even stranger looking than Phillip Rivers’. The results are surprisingly favorable on intermediate passes between the hashmarks, but the closer to the boundary or down the field Hogan goes, the ball begins to dip and wobble a good bit. Hogan’s need to really load the pass up to reach maximum velocity is concerning too, as the extra half-second gives defenses time to get in position to make a play on the ball. This will lead to him scrambling instead of standing tall in the pocket to hit an open target, as Hogan simply isn’t comfortable throwing with pressure in his face due to how much time and space he needs to unload the ball.

As far as intangibles go, Hogan brings every desirable trait to the table. He’ll train like a starter even as a backup, showing marvelous leadership traits, competitive drive, and the toughness teams love to see in a quarterback. He’s well-spoken and cerebral, showing a strong understand and execution of a pro-style offense which should make his transition to the NFL easier this fall. As far as ex-factors go, Hogan is athletic and gutsy, fully willing to carry the ball himself and take a shot in order to make a play. His teammates have always spoken highly of him, and he accepted an unenviable-mantle from Andrew Luck with confidence and poise.

Hogan’s improvement in 2015 is substantial enough for me to place a draftable grade on him, but I do think NFL teams will be concerned about his mechanics, and about the fact that Hogan was never really asked to carry the Stanford offense thanks to Christian McCaffrey’s presence. His physical tools are adequate however, and his intangibles, athleticism, and accuracy will all be intriguing to teams on the draft’s third day. I think Hogan catches on somewhere as a solid backup who will be fully prepared when/if he gets a shot to start, but he’ll likely never be more than that at the pro level.

Grade: 6th Round

1 minute ago, PoeticG said:

Yes, and that you find that not having a veteran WR on the field is funny tells me all I need to know.

The veteran WR who has been horrible? The one that EVERYONE on this board is calling a free agent bust? The veteran WR who is on the verge of being traded/released? THAT GUY?

Your troll act is getting old.

Aha!- YOU are the troll my friend. 

my math says =see if Hogans ribs can even practice?..with this revamp OL we may need his mobility & QB Jesus..3 hail Mary's with several Bloody Mary's..     

Did you watch the video Dutch? Nah, who cares, right? 

Mark- read that again... here I'll highlight it for you..

5 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Did you watch the video Dutch? Nah, who cares, right? 

Mark- read that again... here I'll highlight it for you..

Read the whole thing... 

I think Hogan catches on somewhere as a solid backup who will be fully prepared when/if he gets a shot to start, but he’ll likely never be more than that at the pro level.

4 minutes ago, Mark O said:

QB Kevin Hogan

College: Stanford
Year: RS Senior
Birth Year: 1992
Height: 6-4
Weight: 218

Analysis

For four years Kevin Hogan led Stanford’s offense brilliantly, building a reputation as one of the hardest workers and better leaders in college football. Despite average physical tools and less-than-ideal mechanics, Hogan typically got results, playing especially well on some big stages in 2015. 

Hogan will never have an elite arm, but I believe he possesses the necessary tools to be at least an adequate passer to all levels of the field. His deep ball is inconsistent, but Hogan’s ability to throw with touch from a sound base is impressive. He can drop the ball in the bucket with enough arm strength to stretch a defense vertically. The senior’s mid-range velocity is solid.

. His escapability is impressive, as Hogan remains one of the more athletic quarterbacks in the 2016 class. 

As far as intangibles go, Hogan brings every desirable trait to the table. He’ll train like a starter even as a backup, showing marvelous leadership traits, competitive drive, and the toughness teams love to see in a quarterback. He’s well-spoken and cerebral, showing a strong understand and execution of a pro-style offense which should make his transition to the NFL easier this fall. As far as ex-factors go, Hogan is athletic and gutsy, fully willing to carry the ball himself and take a shot in order to make a play. His teammates have always spoken highly of him, and he accepted an unenviable-mantle from Andrew Luck with confidence and poise.

Hogan’s improvement in 2015. His physical tools are adequate however, and his intangibles, athleticism, and accuracy will all be intriguing to teams 

Oh and by the way on the throw that you claim he underthrew on the INT... he was hit at the time of the throw. It was a minor miracle he even got it off in the first place.

Wonderful....He's fucking Colt McCoy...

Notice how you failed to quote this section that I already posted.   Not to mention the mentions of his "wind up" and being able to drive the ball and being inaccurate and all the other things that were negative.  Which just shows that you are not the least bit objective about this guy and nothing more than a homo girl in love with this guy.    I'll just leave you again with the final line.

I think Hogan catches on somewhere as a solid backup who will be fully prepared when/if he gets a shot to start, but he’ll likely never be more than that at the pro level.

nope, I saw that and that was nonsensical. His windup isn't that exaggerated. Your analysis of his windup is exaggerated. He has a rather quick release actually. Besides all that said was he needed to work on technique and footwork. I've already said that he has to pay attention to that and do a better job under pressure to 'keep up his technique' 

Archived