THE BROWNS BOARD

Start Kevin Hogan!

PoeticG

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

It got me to thinking Mark- since PO brought up Manning's 4 interceptions in a game.   

You have to go way back, but here's some trivia for ya- most ints one game qb.  :)   In the 1950 season opener, Hardy had arguably the worst day a quarterback ever had (and that's saying something given the likes of Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell once roamed the pro gridiron). Hardy threw eight interceptions in a 45-7 loss for his Chicago Cardinals against the defending NFL champion Philadelphia Eagles.

Our priorities aren't muddled Clevefan. Unless Kizer miraculously starts playing like Manning or Rodgers the next 8 games, we're drafting a qb with the #1 pick, and right now ESPN says the probability of us having it again are 58%

Only 58%? Shmuck im worried now. I feel like the browns arent getting the job done...Shmucking only 58%

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

So the Browns Defense blows loads right? They gave up 26 points... but the next week they didn't allow a TD. 

Guys, it's a game of inches. Each game tells it's own tale. Every game played again for the first time, even with the same exact players, is going to be completely different each and every time a game is played. 

Some of us Browns fans deserve this losing culture however. What if Hogan is the guy? And you are all ready to chase him out of town and anoint yet another rookie 'savior' until he stinks then rinse wash and repeat. 

PO, I'm not chasing Hogan out of town. He's shown promise as a relief pitcher. He got one start, and stunk it up. Maybe he'll get another if Kizer continues to play at an equally bad level- or gets hurt. With Joe out for the year- that could be a possibility. .  

19 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Exactly, 1 start. Kizer has Sheet the bed 6 times. Kessler 8 times. You guys are bad at math... and it's very basic math at that.

So Hogan gets at least 6 starts to prove he isn't starter material too? Well here's the math Po. Kizer got drafted in the second round, big arm ideal size. Kevin Hogan- 5th round pick Kansas City cut and the Browns picked up off the scrap heap. Kizer gets at least a couple more starts to see if he can improve. 

Just now, PoeticG said:

nope, I saw that and that was nonsensical. His windup isn't that exaggerated. Your analysis of his windup is exaggerated. He has a rather quick release actually. Besides all that said was he needed to work on technique and footwork. I've already said that he has to pay attention to that and do a better job under pressure to 'keep up his technique' 

Again...you ignored the negative and focused on the positive things, none of the positives had anything to do with his actual football talent.  Just that he's a hard worker and a guy who his teammates liked.  You even highlighted the fact that he's "an adequate passer"...boy that gets me excited about our QB of the future (according to you), he's adequate....Adequate is going to win a lot of fucking games. 

He's not that good.  He's "adequate".  A career backup.   Colt McCoy.   Cody Hogan...Kevin Kessler...they're all the same guy.

Actually who really cares who they start at this point? I mean the guy who was 4th on the depth chart through most of the preseason, so what? We're 0-7. It doesnt Shmucking matter.....guarantee hogan is on IR by seasons end. "Guarantee" it. His ribs are already dinged well guess what, ur blind side is comin for u son....prepare for dry anal

I understand that we are down our Franchise LT... actually, Shmuck it, send Kizer out there, or Kessler... This should be fun. We don't really want to win at this point anyways right? 

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

Actually who really cares who they start at this point? I mean the guy who was 4th on the depth chart through most of the preseason, so what? We're 0-7. It doesnt Shmucking matter.....guarantee hogan is on IR by seasons end. "Guarantee" it. His ribs are already dinged well guess what, ur blind side is comin for u son....prepare for dry anal

dry anal....  that's gross and really funny. 

It doesn't really matter...   Hogan and Kessler...they're backups.  Kizer...he's probably a more athletic Brandon Weeden but it will take a few more starts to know for sure.  Its what Cody Hogans lover is missing in this whole thing.  It's not that most of us think that Kizer is the answer...we just know that Hogan and Kessler aren't the answer and most don't think Kizer is the answer either, but it takes more than 1/4 of a season to know that for sure.

3 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

You guys arguing about Hogan, Kessler, and Kizer is like arguing over Larry, Curly, or Moe!!! They're ALL STOOGES!!!...They ALL suck, imho.

I don't disagree.   But only one of them, Kizer in my opinion has the skills necessary to be a starting NFL QB.  Whether he actually can be remains to be seen and the only way to see is for him to play.

39 minutes ago, Mark O said:

dry anal....  that's gross and really funny. 

It doesn't really matter...   Hogan and Kessler...they're backups.  Kizer...he's probably a more athletic Brandon Weeden but it will take a few more starts to know for sure.  Its what Cody Hogans lover is missing in this whole thing.  It's not that most of us think that Kizer is the answer...we just know that Hogan and Kessler aren't the answer and most don't think Kizer is the answer either, but it takes more than 1/4 of a season to know that for sure.

And yet here you are, declaring you know Hogan is NOT after 1 start. Prophetic. 

4 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

And yet here you are, declaring you know Hogan is NOT after 1 start. Prophetic. 

Yes...because he doesn't have the necessary skills as the draft preview pointed out to you if you chose to actually read the whole thing and not just the parts that made you hard.

Done with you....you're boring me with your gay love for players who either aren't talented enough or would rather get high than play football. 

I read the whole thing. It said and I quote. - He has enough arm to make all the throw, end quote. Every negative thing was something that was correctable, and some of that has already been fixed in his first year in the NFL. 

We are a glorified college team at this point of our rebuild. Don't you get that?

We are the youngest team in the league, and by a lot. Maybe having one of the best respected, smart and hard working college QBs (of all time) would benefit this young team? ... as opposed as Kizer and Kessler that didn't win in college and somehow they are expected to win at the pro level?

Start Hogan if you want to win games? What would be the point of that now? 

The browns are not making the playoffs so they’re better off going 0-16 than 3-13. Fans should be hoping for nothing other than the number one pick now. 

Instead they want to tear the whole thing down and try and win between 4-6 games again for the next 10 years. Maddening. 

I think that winning this next game is going to be tough no matter who plays QB. 

The Vikings are 5-2? 

Here is what I want to happen.

Name Hogan the starter for the rest of the season. Let him have his ups and downs, maybe Hogan shows he can be our guy going forward. We build on what works well and as we get some offensive pieces back, ala Gordon and Coleman, I think we'll see that Hogan can get the job done. Finishing the season at 6-10 would be progress by any stretch. Then if Hogan can be the QB we've needed forever we won't have to burn a first rounder on a QB in the draft.

Build the Defense, Build the Offense and Hogan can win us games.

Do this and we are a playoff team next year under Hue and Hogan. 

David Shaw era (2011–present)

After Harbaugh left to coach the San Francisco 49ers, the team's offensive coordinator David Shaw became head coach. Shaw led the team to three consecutive BCS bowl games, including two Rose Bowls. The team was led by its quarterback, Andrew Luck, and its dominating defense. After Luck departed for the NFL Draft, Kevin Hogan became the team's starting quarterback. Hogan led the team to a Rose Bowl victory over Wisconsin. The team returned to the Rose Bowl again the following year in the 2013 season, but lost a heart-breaker to Michigan State.

After a rebuilding season in 2014, the 2015 season saw Shaw, Hogan, and Heisman-candidate Christian McCaffrey lead Stanford to its third Pac-12 championship in four years, and consequently, its third Rose Bowl in four years. With the 2015 conference title, Shaw became the first Stanford coach in 80 years to win three conference titles and only the third ever in program history (after Tiny Thornhill from 1933–1935 and Pop Warner in 1924, 1926, and 1927).

------------

So David Shaw wrecked the world with Kevin Hogan at QB but Hue can't win a game? Yeah, the problem is Kevin Hogan and his 1 start right?

Dude!~ Haha! A friend of mine and I were talking about that last week! Hulkamania's colors were Red and Yellow, if you put them together you get orange! lol 

Hogan is the MAN!

We need to get Peppers into the offense. It amazes me that how little an effect Peppers has on the Defensive side of the ball and how mightily our Offense has struggled... Bring Peppers over to play some Offense. Hogan, Peppers, Njoku, Duke and Britt would light London on Fire!!

Dawg if I was coaching, I'd let these guys have fun. 

Run some Wild Dawg with Peppers at QB and Hogan and Duke at WR. Run a ton of screen plays and draw plays and HAVE FUN> Hogan can make this better- give him some love and support and lets play some Cleveland Browns Football! 

Danny Shelton at LT. 

Myles Garrett at TE

Special Packages+

It's time to pull out all the stops. 

Put Kizer and Hogan in the game at the same time... hmmm Danny Shelton at FB... lol 

Maybe the Browns need to reinvent the game so that it suits us.

Let's do this- Paul Brown style.

We need to change the game, we're not very good at the one we're playing now.

24 minutes ago, wargograw said:

You had some cool ideas then you go off the rails with this stuff. 

That was my- "Everything is on the table/reinvent the game process" :) 

Was thinking about a sweep with Shelton at FB and like a couple badass defensive guys just clearing the way on a third and 3...  with Peppers at RB.

Just kind of a play on Greg Williams saying that the Defense is gonna win a game for us. Defense be like, "We just got a turnover, we're not fittin to punt, we's got dis!"

I love your passion Poe, but all these excuses and you're missing one key point.

Hogan made all those mistakes AND he did nothing noteworthy positive.  Peyton Manning threw interceptions??  No Sheet.  He also made things happen on the field.  Hogan doesn't.  Or... Hogan DIDN'T when he was given the opportunity to show he could.  That's why you get laughed at when you compare him to HOF quarterbacks.  You could throw ME in there at QB, and I would suck... But I could make the same arguments defending MY shitty self that you're making when you bring up that so-and-so Pro-Bowler Shmucked up too.  

I'm not opposed to starting him.  But it's not because he's gonna be the guy who gets us wins.  It's because our three QBs right now are just slightly different flavours of suck.  It really doesn't matter who starts... He'll suck.

1 minute ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

I love your passion Poe, but all these excuses and you're missing one key point.

Hogan made all those mistakes AND he did nothing noteworthy positive.  Peyton Manning threw interceptions??  No Sheet.  He also made things happen on the field.  Hogan doesn't.  Or... Hogan DIDN'T when he was given the opportunity to show he could.  That's why you get laughed at when you compare him to HOF quarterbacks.  You could throw ME in there at QB, and I would suck... But I could make the same arguments defending MY shitty self that you're making when you bring up that so-and-so Pro-Bowler Shmucked up too.  

I'm not opposed to starting him.  But it's not because he's gonna be the guy who gets us wins.  It's because our three QBs right now are just slightly different flavours of suck.  It really doesn't matter who starts... He'll suck.

I get that we are all jaded in our views of Quarterback... we've had more starting QBs since 2000 than we had U.S. Presidents in the 1900's. But just for old times sake, what if Hogan doesn't suck?

Would everyone please, for one minute, hypothetically speaking- What if Hogan is the answer? What then?

Archived