THE BROWNS BOARD

Explanations!

Ghoolie

If the Browns are not at the precipice of making changes in management it would truly be confusing. If you are Haslam, what excuses,, explanation or reasoning do you listen to? Does anyone here not believe just about everyone in management is looking over their shoulder? The plane ride to London will have resembled Jews hidden in their bungalos prior to Passover in Egypt.

A million things to explain, a million things to blame and escape blame for. No momentum, nothing really to build on. Then, how do you explain staying with the executives in place now? If you fire them, likewise, people want explanations. Poor draft pick after poor draft pick. Same penalty ridden team.

Seriously, how does one even explain this pile of dung, let alone defending it? I don't believe any other football team has ever been this disfunctional.

Given Hue’s easygoing demeanor, I can see where a locker room cancer like Britt can easily spread amongst the young players. Hue needs to address this before it gets out of control.

92.3 The Fan Tweeted. . .

#Browns  analyst Doug Dieken on @BullandFox: Team needs to "really monitor locker room, see who's hanging with who"

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2017/10/23/doug-dieken-browns-have-to-really-monitor-locker-room-see-whos-hanging-out-with-who/

I dont believe you make FO changes at this point(although so far they've clearly not done well)......

the coach will be fired likely, either during the year or at the end of the year depending...

the FO stays as they should because it hasnt been long enough, with maybe a pr tweak.  

3 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

I dont believe you make FO changes at this point(although so far they've clearly not done well)......

the coach will be fired likely, either during the year or at the end of the year depending...

the FO stays as they should because it hasnt been long enough, with maybe a pr tweak.  

If I had a gun to my head, that's what I think happens too. Hue is fired the night of the Steelers season finale, but the front office stays. This way Haslam can make the point to coaching candidates that he's not completely trigger happy anymore.

Here's the potential problem with this: Many coaching candidates will still be hesitant to join the Browns, because they probably will view the Browns FO as being on thin ice. Not many coaches want to have the front office who hired you fired after season 1. New people would be brought in, new people who most likely would want "their guy" as head coach.

I don't see how you keep the brain trust responsible for this wonderful talent acquisition. 

If if they keep Sushi, it should only be for contract negotiations.   No way a sane person (or an insane smart person) puts all the blame on Hue.   

At this time I would consider bringing in a president with real NFL acumen.   No way would I let Sushi and company pick the next coach. 

To repeat myself, the Browns are the Stygian Stables,  and the river Styx needs redirected to flush it out.    

There is no way that 18 years later the Browns should be worse than the 1999 & 2000 versions, but they are.  

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If I had a gun to my head, that's what I think happens too. Hue is fired the night of the Steelers season finale, but the front office stays. This way Haslam can make the point to coaching candidates that he's not completely trigger happy anymore.

Here's the potential problem with this: Many coaching candidates will still be hesitant to join the Browns, because they probably will view the Browns FO as being on thin ice. Not many coaches want to have the front office who hired you fired after season 1. New people would be brought in, new people who most likely would want "their guy" as head coach.

Yes! The BROWNS have gotten themselves in a "Death Spiral" with getting and keeping potential talent especially in the FO, coaching and quarterback key positions. 

Solution: good luck with that one, too bad they couldn't or didn't follow the Indians or Cavaliers model. (Relocation next? )

Archived