THE BROWNS BOARD

If you’re freaked out by 1-22, you’re looking at the wrong thing

LondonBrown

14 hours ago, boo fagley said:

I wouldn't trade anyone.

I would leave Hue in London so the Browns have a chance to win a game on US soil.

Leave him at the airport.

14 hours ago, Dawgs89 said:

I seriously think this franchise is at least another five years away from competing. There's nobody to build around. Wheres the franchise QB? WR? Anything? 

Dawgs,

the bad thing for us, beside your post being 100% correct, is that if you are being honest, we can't even talk about 5 years down the road. THe average player life is only 3.something years, so really it is impossible to make projections into the future.

I look at it with an added thought. It isn't that we don't have a franchise QB, great WRs, TEs and key playmakers, the issue is that we have a fan base, media and management that do not believe these things are that important. Until the culture of the team changes and puts value on the most important players, and realizes, like the Steelers and Taps do, that you can get utility fatazz linemen and other utility players all over the place, this team will not turn anything around.

Since the drafting of Tim Couch, the entire focus of the draft and of building a team has been totally self-destructive. You don't waste $1 picks on schidt like Garrett and Joe Thomas when you have nobody to make plays. It just isn't done. Only in Cleveland do people think this makes sense.

I just hope the UK doesn't look at us sending the Browns over to play on their soil as a terrorist attack....... we already have enough problems to deal with. 

On 10/26/2017 at 2:15 AM, wargograw said:

Yeah, God forbid the entire roster isn't stacked yet. 

That's what we did....

They're better this year. Not even close. Yes, the offense was better last year because it had much better QB play with McCown and Kessler. 

Offense has regressed because of poor QB play and terrible coaching choices...Defense has dramatically improved though

hmm i wonder what the cause of that was???? lets sit and think....

oh yea we FIRED THE ENTIRE DEFENSIVE COACHING STAFF...

3 minutes ago, CaineDeSoulis said:

Offense has regressed because of poor QB play and terrible coaching choices...Defense has dramatically improved though

hmm i wonder what the cause of that was???? lets sit and think....

oh yea we FIRED THE ENTIRE DEFENSIVE COACHING STAFF...

They're improving...I wouldn't call it a dramatic improvement.   The defense was still shredded by the Bengals, Colts and Texans.  That's 3 games out of 7 that the defense has been non existant.

from 31st to 9th in yardage top 5 run defense and 16t in passing defense 24th currently in ppg allowed, down 4 points from last year. we have more forced fumbles this year so far than last, more sacks, less missed tackles. last game withstanding less penalties on the defense than last year as well. Gregg Williams and staff have provided a very very significant upgrade to the defense

We had offensive 25 turnovers all of last year and this year we have 19 through 7 games. in the bengals game we had one of the worst offensive showings in terms of yardage with less than 160 yards before garbage time. the colts and texans both had 3 turnovers. If anyone is keeping track we usually get 2.7 turnovers a game. I'm not sure if its better or worse but only 2 of those have been fumbles.

if our offense was as good as last year we would be 2-5 or 3-5 at least...but unfortunately our purge of defensive coaches did not include Hue Jacksons offense... maybe we can get some good news at the bye...

I'm not worried about 1-22 as much as i am about the COMPLETE lack of improvement on the offense... it's regressed badly and to say otherwise is lying to yourself...and if changing coaches worked for the defense...(like i said it would all of last year and right after they hired ray horton)

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Tom, I wouldn't let him get on the plane either.... Our odds of winning will go way up..... 

Just so you know, this is another one of those instances where I was right, you were wrong...we were both hoping I was wrong, and we both wind up on the damned short end of the stick again. I am hoping the game is televised. I have my shirt and plan to be up early with my pooch, having a few screw drivers, thinking about my Mom, and hoping that the players, in the face of adversity, step up to do something fantastic. I cannot believe that this team is playing to their best potential. I jsut cannot believe any group of players can be as bad as they appear.

This blows, to high heaven.

46 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Just so you know, this is another one of those instances where I was right, you were wrong...we were both hoping I was wrong, and we both wind up on the damned short end of the stick again. I am hoping the game is televised. I have my shirt and plan to be up early with my pooch, having a few screw drivers, thinking about my Mom, and hoping that the players, in the face of adversity, step up to do something fantastic. I cannot believe that this team is playing to their best potential. I jsut cannot believe any group of players can be as bad as they appear.

This blows, to high heaven.

May not have said it, but sorry about your Mom. We just lost one of our long time wine group friends, her funeral was earlier this week. Took a header down the basement stairs and never recovered. 

Regarding the Browns, of course it blows. You were just a little faster on the uptake of Hue's shortcomings. They've become obvious now to most of us.  No discipline, only second in the NFL in penalties. Doesn't play to his players strengths, and in-game decisions are atrocious. What pushed me over the edge was declining that 15 yard penalty. Even a pee-wee coach knows it's better to have 3rd and 16 from the 47 than 4th and one from the 32. 

OK Ghoolie 1, Hoorta 0. Just remember I called Kizer a bust when we drafted him, for all intents and purposes he's the damn same player as RG III. I don't care if he's only 21, I don't think you can teach or coach accuracy to a guy when you've been tossing a football since you were 6 years old. Rag on Kosar all you want, but one thing Bernie had that IMHO Deshone never will is great deep ball accuracy. There's been multiple games I've been at where we had a wr break free, and all Kizer had to do was get the ball within 3 feet of him, and it was an easy TD. (Assuming of course our hands of stone WRs could actually catch the ball).  Looks like the analytics guys blew it on Britt too. I'll bet they will pay him the $5 million they still owe him after the season just to make him go away.  

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You were a bit slow Larry. He lost me with the timeout before anyone even knew the game had started a few games back. Who the hell does that?

My memory is failing me Bill.  :)   

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

May not have said it, but sorry about your Mom. We just lost one of our long time wine group friends, her funeral was earlier this week. Took a header down the basement stairs and never recovered. 

Regarding the Browns, of course it blows. You were just a little faster on the uptake of Hue's shortcomings. They've become obvious now to most of us.  No discipline, only second in the NFL in penalties. Doesn't play to his players strengths, and in-game decisions are atrocious. What pushed me over the edge was declining that 15 yard penalty. Even a pee-wee coach knows it's better to have 3rd and 16 from the 47 than 4th and one from the 32. 

OK Ghoolie 1, Hoorta 0. Just remember I called Kizer a bust when we drafted him, for all intents and purposes he's the damn same player as RG III. I don't care if he's only 21, I don't think you can teach or coach accuracy to a guy when you've been tossing a football since you were 6 years old. Rag on Kosar all you want, but one thing Bernie had that IMHO Deshone never will is great deep ball accuracy. There's been multiple games I've been at where we had a wr break free, and all Kizer had to do was get the ball within 3 feet of him, and it was an easy TD. (Assuming of course our hands of stone WRs could actually catch the ball).  Looks like the analytics guys blew it on Britt too. I'll bet they will pay him the $5 million they still owe him after the season just to make him go away.  

When I saw Hue decline 3rd and 15 , I muttered to myself.. "This A$$ hole deserves to lose'.. And to think I liked the initial hire.. "Facepalms"

Archived