THE BROWNS BOARD

Ideal Draft Pick (at this point)

MLD Woody

14 hours ago, wargograw said:

Those 21 carries for 44 yards were nice too. He would be a horrible pick. 

I agree we shouldnt take a rb high, but barkley is a stud.  I just wouldnt take any rb high.  If you actually watched the tOSU game he was literally getting hit right when he took the handoff.  Complete domination by psu o-line.  Whenever he has a little space it's clear he is the best rb in college football by far.  Scouts see that, which is he he will be a high pick(but again we shouldnt take him...not because hes not great but because we shouldnt take a rb)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Tacosman said:

I agree we shouldnt take a rb high, but barkley is a stud.  I just wouldnt take any rb high.  If you actually watched the tOSU game he was literally getting hit right when he took the handoff.  Complete domination by psu o-line.  Whenever he has a little space it's clear he is the best rb in college football by far.  Scouts see that, which is he he will be a high pick(but again we shouldnt take him...not because hes not great but because we shouldnt take a rb)

I'll let you blame the OL for a game or two a year (like Fournette against Alabama). But you don't get to use that excuse against teams like Indiana, Pitt, etc. 

I'm glad everyone is coming around to the truth here.

35 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I'll let you blame the OL for a game or two a year (like Fournette against Alabama). But you don't get to use that excuse against teams like Indiana, Pitt, etc. 

I'm glad everyone is coming around to the truth here.

ummm...they arent.  He's still one of the top people on everyone's board for a reason.  So enjoy continuing to talk to yourself and convince yourself of something here.

10 minutes ago, Mark O said:

The pick has to be a QB.

It really does.

Enough with being cute. Target your QB and get him. Then get him some WRs. The Browns cannot go into next season with the absolute nonsense they have collectively at the WR position.

The Browns have five picks in the first two rounds. There's a good chance they won't have to trade up to get a QB, so they should be able to use all of them. Get your QB, get a WR, get a LT to replace Thomas (now or eventually), etc...

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

It really does.

Enough with being cute. Target your QB and get him. Then get him some WRs. The Browns cannot go into next season with the absolute nonsense they have collectively at the WR position.

The Browns have five picks in the first two rounds. There's a good chance they won't have to trade up to get a QB, so they should be able to use all of them. Get your QB, get a WR, get a LT to replace Thomas (now or eventually), etc...

It's really hard to trade up farther then the #1 pick that they're likely to have anyways.   So they'll have the pick of the bunch.  

Just now, Mark O said:

It's really hard to trade up farther then the #1 pick that they're likely to have anyways.   So they'll have the pick of the bunch.  

Haha... I'm starting to wonder if San Fran will ever win a game too. Then it becomes a battle of strength of schedules

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Haha... I'm starting to wonder if San Fran will ever win a game too. Then it becomes a battle of strength of schedules

They've been close every week (except for being blown out by Dallas) whereas we've really only been close 2 out of 8 games.  The rest have been blowouts. 

10 minutes ago, Mark O said:

They've been close every week (except for being blown out by Dallas) whereas we've really only been close 2 out of 8 games.  The rest have been blowouts. 

The 49ers next two games are against the Cardinals (who they lost to earlier this season by 3 points) and then the 1-6 NY Giants, so there's hope.

1 hour ago, Tacosman said:

ummm...they arent.  He's still one of the top people on everyone's board for a reason.  So enjoy continuing to talk to yourself and convince yourself of something here.

Just like Trent Richardson was, right? (and Trent was double the back in college as Barkley)

1 minute ago, wargograw said:

Just like Trent Richardson was, right? (and Trent was double the back in college as Barkley)

Im confused on wtf point you are trying to make here?  Yes, trent richardson was high on everyone's board too.  So was Zeke Elliot. So was adrian peterson. So was bunches of players over the years, some of whom had good careers and some of whom didn't.....what's the point with respect to barkley?

Im in agreement with you that we shouldnt consider drafting barkley.  I dont want to spend a high first round pick on a rb.  Thats stupid.  

But Barkley is clearly going to be the first back off the board because just looking at the film he is the best back in college football by far.  He's strong and elusive and shifty and has big play ability.  None of that has changed in terms of how people percieve him.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The 49ers next two games are against the Cardinals (who they lost to earlier this season by 3 points) and then the 1-6 NY Giants, so there's hope.

In the 0-fer Bowl I still like the BROWNS chances......FWIW. As far as ideal pick now depends on your wish list:

1.Another shot at a franchise QB?

2. OL? New  LT? Other?

3. Stud RB?

4 hours ago, Tacosman said:

Im confused on wtf point you are trying to make here?  Yes, trent richardson was high on everyone's board too.  So was Zeke Elliot. So was adrian peterson. So was bunches of players over the years, some of whom had good careers and some of whom didn't.....what's the point with respect to barkley?

Im in agreement with you that we shouldnt consider drafting barkley.  I dont want to spend a high first round pick on a rb.  Thats stupid.  

But Barkley is clearly going to be the first back off the board because just looking at the film he is the best back in college football by far.  He's strong and elusive and shifty and has big play ability.  None of that has changed in terms of how people percieve him.

The point is that where the draft gurus have a guy this far out means nothing. 

You can’t explain away the guy’s rushing stats. You just can’t. They’re terrible for what this guy is being hyped as. 

Do I think this guy can/will catch balls like a mofo in the NFL though? Absolutely. 

On 10/27/2017 at 10:37 AM, tiamat63 said:

I can promise you Barkley doesn't run a 4.3.  

edit:

If we take Jackson #1 overall then this franchise Shmucking deserves to pack it up and fold.  

http://www.mcall.com/g00/sports/college/psu/mc-watch-penn-state-s-saquon-barkley-runs-a-blazing-40-yard-dash-20170301-story.html?i10c.encReferrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8%3D

50 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

Thanks for making my point, babygirl.    Hand timed, by the school.     I remember when Percy Harvin, Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps all 'ran' in the 4.2's while at Florida. 

edit: I'll be happy to offer the same bet as I did last year re: Peppers running a 4.3.         

25 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Thanks for making my point, babygirl.    Hand timed, by the school.     I remember when Percy Harvin, Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps all 'ran' in the 4.2's while at Florida. 

edit: I'll be happy to offer the same bet as I did last year re: Peppers running a 4.3.         

25 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

IDK man, I'm not saying you're wrong but that's a pretty high quality video. They fudge the numbers a bit downward, but that sure as Sheet looked no slower than a 4.4 type 40.

29 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Saquon will most likely run in the high 4.3s, more than likely 4.4, which is still fast.

We need him on our team. He scores touchdowns, has breakaway speed, can be used as a returner, etc.

As much as I like Crow, Duke, one of them will be out next season.

Crow will be gone next year, duke isn't an every down back, 

Saquon would be a good fit for this team, take pressure off of Kizer(IF he is even our starter next year..)

Kirk Cousins is the guy we need to go after, cupcake. Not entirely sold on the QB class.. Maybe Darnold but he should stay another year

Just now, domcucch1994 said:

Saquon will most likely run in the high 4.3s, more than likely 4.4, which is still fast.

We need him on our team. He scores touchdowns, has breakaway speed, can be used as a returner, etc.

As much as I like Crow, Duke, one of them will be out next season.

Crow will be gone next year, duke isn't an every down back, 

Saquon would be a good fit for this team, take pressure off of Kizer(IF he is even our starter next year..)

Kirk Cousins is the guy we need to go after. Not entirely sold on the QB class.. Maybe Darnold but he should stay another year

I don't see Kizer being the starter but who knows.   We did start Charlie fucking Frye for more than one season.    Cousins/Barkley would instantly improve the offense. 

On 10/27/2017 at 4:46 PM, jrb12711 said:

Honestly man, the idea of drafting a dude like Lamar used to scare the crap outta me. But it's time to at least start noticing that these freak athletes and not "prototype" QB's are becoming successful, and even franchise, level QBs. Tyrod Taylor, Watson, Prescott, Wilson, etc etc. 

I'm not even saying I want the guy, but he's a damn good player.

Hey....this FO has been all about "acquiring assets".   Let draft 2 QBs.  Rosen in round one, and Jackson in round 2. 

What can it hurt?  Put them in the mix with the guys we got now.  Maybe one of them can actually play football.

On 10/29/2017 at 12:55 AM, D Bone said:

Who needs Barkley......

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/trent-richardson-runs-wild-cfl-162544602.html

Trent Richardson runs wild in the CFL

Trent Richardson has arrived, in Canada.

Richardson, the former Alabama star turned Browns and Colts bust, had a huge game in the Canadian Football League on Friday night, carrying 20 times for 127 yards and two touchdowns in leading the Saskatchewan Roughriders to a 37-12 win over the Montreal Alouettes. Richardson signed with the CFL because he wanted to show that he’s in shape and capable of playing at a high level, and he said after the game he thinks he’s done just that.

“It just pays off from hard work being in the Warehouse down in Birmingham, ” Richardson told TSN. “You know, fighting for my kids and fighting for myself.”

Richardson’s 127 yards were more than he ever had in an NFL game, and the most he’s had in any football game since he ran for 203 yards against Auburn in 2011. Saskatchewan is 3-1 since signing Richardson and has now clinched a spot in the playoffs.

PoG will now change his avatar to:

logo.png

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Hey....this FO has been all about "acquiring assets".   Let draft 2 QBs.  Rosen in round one, and Jackson in round 2. 

What can it hurt?  Put them in the mix with the guys we got now.  Maybe one of them can actually play football.

I'm not honestly opposed to drafting more than one QB in the high rounds, but Jackson is gonna get scooped one round 1. There's too much "what if" talent with the guy not to happen.

Archived