THE BROWNS BOARD

Harsh Article About The Process

stillmotion

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/10/26/16553036/cleveland-browns-rebuilding-process-front-office-plan

Pretty interesting Take. Dude says that :

What’s so disheartening about all this is that the Browns were hoping they wouldn’t have to ask these questions in 2017. The hardest part of the rebuild was supposed to be done. The first signs of resurgence were supposed to shine through. Brown and DePodesta entered a bleak situation and deserve more than two years to make good on their vision, but what’s become clear through seven games this fall is that something about the current approach needs to change. The bold move made by Cleveland’s ownership to bring in Brown and DePodesta was supposed to radically change the franchise’s approach and usher in a new age of Browns football. Yet all it’s wrought so far is a different plan with the same results.

And talks about Brittlehands :

After signing a four-year, $32.5 million deal this offseason, Britt has caught 10 passes on 28 targets. Among receivers with at least 25 targets in 2017, only Bills rookie Zay Jones has a worse catch percentage, and Britt has nearly $5 million more in guaranteed money on his deal than the rest of the bottom eight combined.

I agree, they need more than two years, but we need to CHANGE SOMETHING

I was listening to the radio show this week and I was really getting angry. They kept saying that Kizer hasn't gotten his shot, and that the two games we had a chance in recently, weren't lead by Kizer in the second half. They said they wished they could turn back time to let Kizer play in all 4 quarters so they could see what he could do in close games. I was getting so ticked that almost couldn't finish the broadcast. 

I don't blame Hue Jackson for benching Kizer one bit in those games. Hue had a responsibility to every player on the team and to every fan in the world to try and win those games. We can't just sit back and watch Kizer throw the ball to the other freaking team. And I couldn't believe they said Kizer never got his shot, and then said that other rookie qb's had a bunch of picks but didn't get pulled. I couldn't believe how ignorant our radio hosts were. The difference between Kizer and the other rookie qb's they were talking was other rookie qb's actually THREW FREAKING TOUCHDOWN PASSES. Jesus man! How can they not see that? Virtually every time Kizer had a chance to score a touchdown he choked! The pick to Higgins when he missed him across the middle by a mile? The pick last game where he threw it ten feet high? The ridiculous option pitch to Crow? The absurd pass to Njoku he couldn't even touch? The time he didn't see Njoku dancing in the end zone by himself for an easy touchdown? The pass to Crow he threw 2 seconds late and then 3 feet high by the goal line? HOW MANY CHANCES DOES THE GUY NEED TO ACTUALLY SCORE A TOUCHDOWN? 

And it gets worse. Kizer isn't scoring ANY TOUCHDOWNS at any point now. We're not even that CLOSE to scoring them. You know what? I'd be completely fine with Kizer's picks if he scored a COUPLE touchdowns. If I could just look back at the game highlights and see a FEW GOOD PASSES that resulted in points, I'd be fine! I'd say he's learning, and I'd point to the good plays, and then I'd see the touchdown passes and compare them to the picks and say, "See, he's making progress. Look at that great pass he made for the score. We were tied up and he lead us down on a huge TD score." But I can't do that because I literally have ZERO passes to be excited about. I can't point to ONE TD pass that makes me say, "Wow...he's starting to get it!" No! I can't say that! I can't because Kizer looks like a monkey humping a wheelchair on a festive autumn afternoon every single time he gets across the 50. AHHHHHHHHHHHH! 

And it gets better! Kizer gets to travel 2800 miles and play against the best defense in the league without our hall of fame LT and we also lose Myles Garrett! Wow! He's going to be awesome now, right? WRONG! Jesus I'm to the point where I expect players to just spontaneously combust. That's the next thing for us. 

2 hours ago, stillmotion said:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/10/26/16553036/cleveland-browns-rebuilding-process-front-office-plan

I agree, they need more than two years, but we need to CHANGE SOMETHING

I can agree with Tour that a consensus plan can work.(not by trading key picks away thou)  But look no further than whom we have getting to that consensus...Than the final decision maker is not football personal qualified. Add in data from the worst scouting dept. in any sports & here we are. Depo & Sashi sit on their throne's being fed by such football leaders of Berry & Grigson..<<<<Start Here with Both

You got to wonder what the Haslems are thinking about all this now. You know they have got to be feeling the pressure from fans. How do they stay the course when the Titanic is deep into bailout mode? Change the music?

Good article that painfully points out the current state of The Process.....

If The Process were a personal trainer who promised a client that if she did everything that was asked of her, then she would lose 35lbs, look better than ever and simply be healthy, all long before her high school reunion in 24 months. 

Well, now it's 18 months in and their client has gained 7lbs and developed type 2 diabetes........... and yet they tell her that she just needs to patiently wait for the final 6 months and she will finally get into that beautiful size 5 dress she bought the day she signed the contract for the highly touted The Process......

Hopefully she still kept that size 17 dress she swore she'd never wear again, because she's going to need it. 

Yeah... awesome analysis there... ( <------ insert pick here)

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

But look no further than whom we have getting to that consensus...Than the final decision maker is not football personal qualified. Add in data from the worst scouting dept. in any sports & here we are. Depo & Sashi sit on their throne's being fed by such football leaders of Berry & Grigson..<<<<Start Here with Both

Worst scouting dept.? Seems a tad hyperbolic...

Berry? No telling how he is running his Department, but I doubt he's an autocrat... wouldn't fit the model. Grigson? One voice... no staff... doing what he was once good at... scouting.

And when you have a consensus process, there is no "final decision maker"... there's either a consensus or there isn't.

31 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And when you have a consensus process, there is no "final decision maker"... there's either a consensus or there isn't.

Well, I guess that explains everything..... Hell, I can't even get just two of my friends to agree on where the three of us are going to ride this Saturday, so ultimately someone has to man the phuck up and make the final decision...... or we simply won't be riding at all.

So I can only imagine getting 5 - 8 people involved in making a major decision that will effect a professional (or in our case, a semi-professional) football team for years to come, and when they inevitably can't and won't come to a consensus decision, and since there is no "final decision maker", then I guess that decision just gets passed over and they all move on to the next major decision............................ Yup, this explains  E V E R Y T H I N G!! 

31 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Berry? No telling how he is running his Department, but I doubt he's an autocrat... wouldn't fit the model. Grigson? One voice... no staff... doing what he was once good at... scouting.

Consensus = Kizer great value pick.  Or Britt was worth all that money.  Kizer may bust- we're drafting a QB high regardless, and Britt is doing a great Dwayne Bowe impersonation. Hate to be negative, but in Bill B's famous words, "I can only go by what I see."

25 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Well, I guess that explains everything..... Hell, I can't even get just two of my friends to agree on where the three of us are going to ride this Saturday, so ultimately someone has to man the phuck up and make the final decision...... or we simply won't be riding at all.

So I can only imagine getting 5 - 8 people involved in making a major decision that will effect a professional (or in our case, a semi-professional) football team for years to come, and when they inevitably can't and won't come to a consensus decision, and since there is no "final decision maker", then I guess that decision just gets passed over and they all move on to the next major decision............................ Yup, this explains  E V E R Y T H I N G!! 

Well at least one made the decision to clean out the veterans wasting money.

Angry elderly housewife

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

When there is no consensus, Sashi makes the call.  He has final say.

6 minutes ago, Orion said:

When there is no consensus, Sashi makes the call.  He has final say.

I bet he's AWESOME at prank calls....... 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Consensus = Kizer great value pick.  Or Britt was worth all that money.  Kizer may bust- we're drafting a QB high regardless, and Britt is doing a great Dwayne Bowe impersonation. Hate to be negative, but in Bill B's famous words, "I can only go by what I see."

"I can only go by what I see." ... My mantra as well....

Yawn, Fart, Booger Flick, Burp......................

I wrote this article 2 years ago and you pimple-pinchers began your idiotic attack on me.

Don't come in here now and pretend that you are on the leading edge of understanding what is wrong with this team. It was ME................. ONLY ME................who said from DAY ONE.............. Podesta, Sashi, and Hue were total piles of schidt...................now all of a sudden you forget all your talk about "finally having the pieces together"...."amassing draft picks", "managing assets" and "understanding analytics".

The majority of you here spent the least 2 years all Socky and confident that it was YOU who understood the highly technical intricacies of football. On and on you blathered that I was blind, that I was simple, that I had no idea what I was talking about....................yet, here you are, all of you, chiming in NOW, to what I told you two years ago.

New Flash..............The formula for success is already known. It is the Ghoolie formula. I have been preaching it constantly. You use high draft picks to take Quarterbacks, and you ignore every other position until you find your QB. Doesn't matter if you have to draft 5 at #1..............unitil you get the guy............you keep shooting for the big pie. THEN you go after the dime-a-dozen utility players. 

You don't waste once in a lifetime #1 picks on easy to come by utility players like Joe Thomas and Myles Garret, and you certainly don't waste them on sissy league WRs like Corey Colon-man

Sorry, but I was first to write this story. 2016..... preseason game #1, I guaranteed that Hue would not ever find success...called SHitshi and DePudpuller garbage. But hey, this is the FO you guys love. SO STFU and choke on your support.

Here is a quiz from the article.........................

Q - Which Future Hall Of Fame Left Tackle participated in the NFL's most sacked QBs (66)

A - Joe Thomas

Wow, he's really good. What the hell are we going to do without him?

49 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Here is a quiz from the article.........................

Q - Which Future Hall Of Fame Left Tackle participated in the NFL's most sacked QBs (66)

A - Joe Thomas

Wow, he's really good. What the hell are we going to do without him?

He didnt give up those sacks ghoolie. Nice try

47 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

He didnt give up those sacks ghoolie. Nice try

Yeah, he did. He is an integral part of the offensive line. This is yet ANOTHER reason why the Bronws continue to lose, flounder and have fans that don't know their azz from a hole in the ground.

When you play on a 1 - 22 team, you are responsible for the record. When you play on an offensive line that gives up 66 sacks and leads the NFL, you are part of that OL, you don't get to point fingers. Joe Thomas was part of the OL that gave up the most sacks in the NFL. There are no excuses you can invent, no exceptions that apply.

66 sacks. The worst offensive line in the NFL, and Joe Thomas was the captain of it all. 

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

You use high draft picks to take Quarterbacks, and you ignore every other position until you find your QB. Doesn't matter if you have to draft 5 at #1..............unitil you get the guy..........

THIS....I agree with 100%.

Without your QB in place, you're playing pinball with only one paddle.

6 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Respectfully disagree on Berry & Grigson roles but that's what good forums are made of..never a consensus. Let me borrow my decoder for such wording as hyperbolic & autocrat too:huh:.. Enjoy London!! god made google for us simple people

Archived