THE BROWNS BOARD

Kenny sits this one out

Westside Steve

Not a bad idea boo;)..Hope to see this Britt getting what he deserves. INACTIVE** put in bubble-wrap icing up for trade deadline or We will all face his music of booing in songs every-time his mouth hits the field..What a boner move to put this Bowing on a plane. Sitting at the London hotel with his wife ends this bonehead in the land..#sit'em   

meaning, he should never have been signed, etc, and whoever is responsible needs to be switched to

accounting only or something, and not football decisions. This team needs a Ridley for starters.

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

He should just cash his check and shut his mouth the way he has played.

Not a team player and needs to gtfo after the season.

BUT BUT BUT....................... I thought this braintrust was amassing draft picks, managing assets and building for the future? I thought you guys told me you could predict football futures by analyzing analytics? For almost two years now you guys have been assuring me that we FINALLY have it on track, that we re FINALLY doing the smart things to build for the future? I thought you guys told me that we finally have a FO who knows how to assess talent.

Could you guys, I mean the ones of you who are really, really smart, give a good, detailed, analytical explanation as to who it was that snuck Kenny Britt past the FO and got him on to the Browns roster? That guy, whoever he is, is a crook and he really hurt this team.

It is clear, with all the genius that you geniuses assured me was FINALLY running this team, there is no way Britt woudl have come and sucked a hole in our "assets" and stunk up the field. Please, tell me....who did this dirty deed to make Sashit, Depupuller, Hue and Haslam look like such jackoffs?

4 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

BUT BUT BUT....................... I thought this braintrust was amassing draft picks, managing assets and building for the future? I thought you guys told me you could predict football futures by analyzing analytics? For almost two years now you guys have been assuring me that we FINALLY have it on track, that we re FINALLY doing the smart things to build for the future? I thought you guys told me that we finally have a FO who knows how to assess talent.

Could you guys, I mean the ones of you who are really, really smart, give a good, detailed, analytical explanation as to who it was that snuck Kenny Britt past the FO and got him on to the Browns roster? That guy, whoever he is, is a crook and he really hurt this team.

It is clear, with all the genius that you geniuses assured me was FINALLY running this team, there is no way Britt woudl have come and sucked a hole in our "assets" and stunk up the field. Please, tell me....who did this dirty deed to make Sashit, Depupuller, Hue and Haslam look like such jackoffs?

kenny has dwayne bowe on speed dial.

it's a boneheaded move and when I say someone in the FO has  to be accountable for it, people have to me that's it's acceptable because every FO makes mistakes.

11 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

meaning, he should never have been signed, etc, and whoever is responsible needs to be switched to

accounting only or something, and not football decisions. This team needs a Ridley for starters.

Whoever signed Britt is just about as dumb as the pooper who said this:

“Kenny Britt looked today like everybody wishes Gordon could have been - a big wr with this head screwed on straight, who practices full on. He looks good.”

7 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

“Kenny Britt looked today like everybody wishes Gordon could have been - a big wr with this head screwed on straight, who practices full on. He looks good.”

Good god who said that????

22 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Good god who said that????

On 7/30/2017 at 12:31 AM, calfoxwc said:

Kenny Britt looked today like everybody wishes gordon could have been - a big wr with this head screwed on straight,

who practices full on. He looks good.

Well, well, well...would ya look at that...

2 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

lol. that was what I was seeing during the practice we went to. You know, training camp? then he went south.

Not that complicated to understand.

18 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

lol. that was what I was seeing during the practice we went to. You know, training camp? then he went south.

And yet you want the guy fired who signed him, as if he could see the move southward....

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

His signing date is further away from today than training camp was. You were singing his praises AFTER his signing, so either you’re a hypocrite or the signing was warranted at the time.

also not that complicated to understand.

18 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

They had to put their heads together in order to access all three brain cells that they have between them.... voila... Britt

I don't think it sounded like a bad move at all when we signed Kenny Britt. He had some success and honestly who knows what a guy will play like after he gets paid. Some players I assume want to show the world they were worth the money and some don't care. Just interviews Etc made him seem like he was less interested and being the first kind of guy. But again front office people are getting fired all the time for making the wrong guess. 

WSS

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't think it sounded like a bad move at all when we signed Kenny Britt. He had some success and honestly who knows what a guy will play like after he gets paid. Some players I assume want to show the world they were worth the money and some don't care. Just interviews Etc made him seem like he was less interested and being the first kind of guy. But again front office people are getting fired all the time for making the wrong guess. 

WSS

But if Williams told them "No!" in no uncertain terms, then somebody's head needs to roll for this crap. Maybe even more than one head.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Gregg-Williams-warned-the-Cleveland-Browns-about-Kenny-Britt-109475078

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

But if Williams told them "No!" in no uncertain terms, then somebody's head needs to roll for this crap. Maybe even more than one head.

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Gregg-Williams-warned-the-Cleveland-Browns-about-Kenny-Britt-109475078

I agree with that Aggie. I think people that know football should be able to trump the people who count beans.

WSS

6 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

His signing date is further away from today than training camp was. You were singing his praises AFTER his signing, so either you’re a hypocrite or the signing was warranted at the time.

also not that complicated to understand.

no, I was not intrigued with his signing, was happy to see him really making plays in practice. In one practice, being surprised

to see him really go after it that ONE DAY in training camp was great. I would never have given him the what...18 million guaranteed.

Not ever. It really isn't a complicated thing to understand.

39 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

no, I was not intrigued with his signing, was happy to see him really making plays in practice. In one practice, being surprised

to see him really go after it that ONE DAY in training camp was great. I would never have given him the what...18 million guaranteed.

Not ever. It really isn't a complicated thing to understand.

Oh, so you knew then that “the guy Gordon could have been” wasn’t worth the 22nd-ranked average contract for a WR.

Despite singing his praises the moment he was signed and you saw him perform, you knew then that he wasn’t worth being paid the same amount as players like Kenny Stills (WR3) and Marvin Jones (WR2). You just didn’t want to say it then.

Man, if only we knew then what you claim to have known then...

3 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

Oh, so you knew then that “the guy Gordon could have been” wasn’t worth the 22nd-ranked average contract for a WR.

Despite singing his praises the moment he was signed and you saw him perform, you knew then that he wasn’t worth being paid the same amount as players like Kenny Stills (WR3) and Marvin Jones (WR2). You just didn’t want to say it then.

Man, if only we knew then what you claim to have known then...

Wrong, I just wasn't a fan of Kenny Britt - that quote was me talking about him in training camp. that's it. I drafted him as a rookie with Tenn. in my fantasy football team, and cut him when he was getting in trouble with the police at one point in time a bit later.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Britt

City on December 13, 2004, and the most yards ever against the Eagles.

Britt was suspended for the first game of the 2012 season due to numerous incidents involving police.[8]

Personal life

On April 12, 2011, Britt was arrested in New Jersey on three counts (including a felony) following an alleged car chase with police. The charges were later reduced.[15] On June 7, Britt pleaded guilty to careless driving and was fined.[16] On June 8, 2012, Britt was arrested in Hoboken, New Jersey, charged with resisting arrest.[17]

3 hours ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

It’s not wrong, you just got caught with your pants down and are trying to backtrack. 

Its okay, you were wrong. Just move on.

no, i'm not wrong at all. I was impressed with him at one practice at training camp, and you are wasting the

forum''s space with some kind of butthurt vendetta over...something? or nothing, apparently?

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

no, i'm not wrong at all. I was impressed with him at one practice at training camp, and you are wasting the

forum''s space with some kind of butthurt vendetta over...something? or nothing, apparently?

The fact that you fail to grasp the hypocrisy in the situation is low key hilarious.

Go ahead, pal. Keep banging your chest that the FO is stupid for signing him and should have known better. Sing that song.

18 hours ago, wargograw said:

And yet you want the guy fired who signed him, as if he could see the move southward....

& this was my tune W, beware of guys coming off of contract years. Tra lalalala....  thought Britt would revert- not quite this bad...    

26 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

The fact that you fail to grasp the hypocrisy in the situation is low key hilarious.

Go ahead, pal. Keep banging your chest that the FO is stupid for signing him and should have known better. Sing that song.

Sure everybody misses on occasion. But Cal isn't getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to make those decisions.

WSS

49 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

you don't understand what hypocrisy is. I didn't like Britt before the Browns signed him. I saw him in training camp and he was

really impressive. Then, during the season, he is a waste of time because he couldn't care less. Didn't know about the 18 million til later...there is no hypocrisy, mr know it all. Why don't you just do a mock draft for the first two rounds like I did, and we'll compare notes?

You know, talk football instead of always trying to get something on somebody's posts history?

Archived