THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Vikings In London, England, UK, Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

6 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

An uncatchable ball and minimal contact is pass  interference, but a guy literally blocking a man and stopping his route isn't. Cool.

Every freaking week. Browns got hosed again.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I think they were calling it before the ball was even thrown.  

If it's before the throw that's one thing. But to call PI they have to consider if the pass was uncatchable, that's their job. I know you're probably not disagreeing but the inconsistentcy has been awful.

3 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

bad PI call, but good no call on ours.  The ball wasnt quite in the air yet and was within 5 yards from LOS and there was no holding/grabbing

So impeding a guys route by literally running into him with arms extended isn't a penalty? Guess I've been learning football different than you.

6 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

31 white guys, most all sitting at home now playing play station who would be willing to work for nfl min and are certainly better than zane, and wtf is our front office doing??

I'm sure that the BROWNS are thinking about getting a kicker.....I hope. (the nfl minimum wage)

Yrs. 2017 2018 2019
0 $465,000 $480,000 $495,000
1 $540,000 $555,000 $570,000
2 $615,000 $630,000 $645,000
3 $690,000 $705,000 $720,000
4-6 $775,000 $790,000 $805,000
7-9 $900,000 $915,000 $930,000
10+ $1,000,000 $1,015,000 $1,030,000

VETERAN MINIMUM BENEFITS

When qualified, a player with four (4) or more years of NFL experience can earn his total minimum salary, but have a cap figure that reflects two years of experience – or in 2017, $615,000. The contract must be for only one year, and must not contain combined bonus money (signing, roster, workout) that exceeds $80,000.

For instance, let’s pretend Ryan Fitzpatrick re-signs with the Buffalo Bills in 2017 on a 1 year, minimum salary contract. With 10+ years of experience, he’ll be slotted for a $1,000,000 base salary. With four or more years of experience (11), and a 1 year contract, Fitzpatrick qualifies for the cap hit benefit. His 2017 cap figure with the Bills would be $615,000

Had he received a bonus (signing, roster, workout) up to the maximum $80,000, he would have received a total $1.08M contract, with a $1M base salary, an $80,000 signing bonus, and a cap figure of $695,0000 (615+80).

With plenty of veterans being released, or not signed back thus far in 2017, the use of the Minimum Salary Benefit Rule becomes useful both for older players looking for jobs, and teams looking to minimize their cap dollars.

Just now, jrb12711 said:

So impeding a guys route by literally running into him with arms extended isn't a penalty? Guess I've been learning football different than you.

if it's short of 5 yards from the LOS and it's not a hold/grab/tug whatever and the ball isn't in the air, no it's not a penalty.  You can make a contact with a reciever like that.  The rules are very clear on that.  

1 minute ago, Tacosman said:

if it's short of 5 yards from the LOS and it's not a hold/grab/tug whatever and the ball isn't in the air, no it's not a penalty.  You can make a contact with a reciever like that.  The rules are very clear on that.  

Unless the ball is thrown to said receiver and the contact impedes his ability to catch the ball. The rules are even more clear on that.

12 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

31 white guys, most all sitting at home now playing play station who would be willing to work for nfl min and are certainly better than zane, and wtf is our front office doing??

What's white got to do with it? You must be a minority cuz me saying something like that I'd get labeled racist.

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

Unless the ball is thrown to said receiver and the contact impedes his ability to catch the ball. The rules are even more clear on that.

*if* the ball is in the air. It wasn't.  you are making rules up.  It cant be pass interference because the ball wasnt thrown yet.  Thats where you 'impedes' argument comes in.  You can't call PI on a ball that hasnt been thrown.  And it cant be illegal contact(what I guess you are arguing for) because the contact was within 5 yards.   And it can't be defensive holding because there was no hold.  Please show me this rule about 'impedes ability to catch the ball' before the ball is thrown because it doesnt exist and thats why you can't cite it.

Just now, Tacosman said:

*if* the ball is in the air. It wasn't.  you are making rules up.  It cant be pass interference because the ball wasnt thrown yet.  Thats where you 'impedes' argument comes in.  You can't call PI on a ball that hasnt been thrown.  And it cant be illegal contact(what I guess you are arguing for) because the contact was within 5 yards.   And it can't be defensive holding because there was no hold.  Please show me this rule about 'impedes ability to catch the ball' before the ball is thrown because it doesnt exist and thats why you can't cite it.

The ball was literally going over the head of the guys when we ran into him. Are you watching the game? Trent green said that was a missed call, because it was.

Here you go: http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/passinterference go ahead and take time to read it. Or do you need more citation 

3 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

It really is a moot point since Treggs of Society was wide open and Kizer didn't see it and if he did they would've called the obvious pick Devalve set

Archived