THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Vikings In London, England, UK, Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

And then in 2019 we can do it again...

Maybe....  but 1-23 doesn't let you keep your job.   I agree with continuity and needing to build something, but this isn't building shit.  He's 1-23 as a head coach and seriously staring 1-31 in the face.  There isn't a crappy team left on the schedule.

Just now, Mark O said:

Maybe....  but 1-23 doesn't let you keep your job.   I agree with continuity and needing to build something, but this isn't building Sheet.  He's 1-23 as a head coach and seriously staring 1-31 in the face.  There isn't a crappy team left on the schedule.

then they will have to beat the good teams.  the Browns actually did decent in the first half with short, easy passes.  it wasn't until the second half when they played from behind and tried to go for long plays that the wheels fell off and the 3 and outs poured in.  the Browns just don't have the QB-WR combos for those type of plays yet.  Hiring an OC would go a long way to helping this young team, Hue is in over his head trying to be both head coach and OC and everything he touches turns to Sheet because of it.

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Maybe....  but 1-23 doesn't let you keep your job.   I agree with continuity and needing to build something, but this isn't building Sheet.  He's 1-23 as a head coach and seriously staring 1-31 in the face.  There isn't a crappy team left on the schedule.

I agree, I don’t see a “gimme” victory left on the schedule...that train has left the station.

0-16 here we come.

8 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I agree, I don’t see a “gimme” victory left on the schedule...that train has left the station.

0-16 here we come.

Don't worry though, as apparently we are gonna have another awesome draft and FA signing period, and we will suddenly be vaulted into '18 division Champs.....

....or so I've been told. 

3 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Don't worry though, as apparently we are gonna have another awesome draft and FA signing period, and we will suddenly be vaulted into '18 division Champs.....

....or so I've been told. 

Id believe its possible with a new HC.  Maybe not division champs but possibly in the hunt for a good bit of the season. 

8 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Id believe its possible with a new HC.  Maybe not division champs but possibly in the hunt for a good bit of the season. 

Maybe..... we just need to be lucky like the Jets and grab ourselves a good veteran QB that can win us some games....... Where do these other teams find those veteran QBs anyway? I guess we'll never know. 

Just now, D Bone said:

Maybe..... we just need to be lucky like the Jets and grab ourselves a good veteran QB that can win us some games....... Where do these other teams find those veteran QBs anyway? I guess we'll never know. 

I'd rather be doing it with a really really good young QB, like Wentz or Watson...too bad we couldn't draft those guys... 

Our RB's accounted for half of the receptions today.   Crow was the leading receiver.  Duke also had 4 catches.  But we didn't have a wr with more than 2 catches.

The Vikings had the ball for almost 16 minutes more than us.  And yet our D made them punt 6 times.

Kizer, no INT's yet the scoreboard shows that we got walloped.   It's just so sad to see our D work so hard and yet know that we've got no chance to win because we've got no offense to help them out.  -  We better be heavy on the offense in April's draft!

....by the way....I just watched Travis Benjamin score a TD reception for the Chargers.  

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

....by the way....I just watched Travis Benjamin score a TD reception for the Chargers.  

Who cares...he hasn't done shit as a WR for the Chargers.  HE's not worth anywhere close to what they are paying him.   Did you also see him run a punt back for a safety?   That isn't easy to do but he managed it.

Just now, Orion said:

Not us.  We have Kenny Britt.  And a bunch of other guys.  But at least we have money.

Travis Benjamin is not that good.   Certainly not worth the money he got from San Diego and he didn't want to stay in Cleveland either.  Why is that so hard for people to understand that sometimes these guys WANT to leave.    5 catches...big fucking deal.  He also cost his team 2 points by being a bonehead and didn't get out of bounds on one of his catches on the last drive which cost them time on the final drive.  2 bonehead plays in one game and you're here going on on and about how great he is.   Jesus.... 

2 minutes ago, Manzier said:

Id say he's still better than most of our receivers and more productive AND cheaper than Britt.

Hard to say if he's any better.   He's got Phil Rivers probably HOF QB throwing to him and a great offense all around him.  Here he would be the #1 guy and probably never be open.

1 minute ago, Manzier said:

He got a 1000 yards here, with Sheet qb's throwing him the ball. We let him, Gabriel and Hawkins go, drafted 4 losers and signed Britt for more. It was not a good trade off. Our Wr's were crap then and are much worse now. 2 yrs later.

Gabriel is the only one who was a mistake.   

1 hour ago, Manzier said:

Id say Coleman, Britt, Louis, Higgins and Payton were mistakes too.

Benjamin is serviceable. Looks like a lot of the WR's from the draft we grabbed coleman didn't pan out yet.

Our problem is our FO wants super young guys, but rarely practice squad players or late round picks end up being NFL studs.

I like their logic is that if we pick enough late rounders, one will surely eventually develop into a diamond.

Their goal is to win later, and be in our prime later, but dammit, we need an AJ Green, A Julio Jones, even an Odell beckham.

Maybe Barkley would we our Le'veon Bell.

If we could get Cousins or Garrappolo in Free agency and then Barkley and a stud WR, I'd be beyond thrilled.

Oh, and we need a decent cornerback, and to get peppers out of centerfield. this isn't baseball.

I was so happy they actually had a lead this season at half time.  Whatever was said in the locker room didn't work.  The Vikings adjusted and the Browns fell behind.  But again this is progress; first game with a half time lead so that means in another 8 games the Browns will win.  Watch out Pittsburg.     

33 minutes ago, Hunter33109 said:

I was so happy they actually had a lead this season at half time.  Whatever was said in the locker room didn't work.  The Vikings adjusted and the Browns fell behind.  But again this is progress; first game with a half time lead so that means in another 8 games the Browns will win.  Watch out Pittsburg.     

Hunter, what happened is that talent eventually won out, like it normally does.  Our offense couldn't sustain enough drives to keep our defense rested, and we eventually wore down and gave up too many points.  How many drives in a row did Kizer and the gang basically run out there, and then run RIGHT back to the sidelines?  The Crow fumble was absolutely devastating, and that's obviously not Kizer's fault.  I mean, that fumble literally could not have come at a worse time.  We actually won the coin toss, which means we deferred, and our strategy was going to work perfectly.  Crow had a little bit of daylight, and then...tragedy.  Giving up points there wasn't the biggest killer...it was the turn of momentum.  Going into half time with I think our first lead of the season (that's not a typo btw) and then THAT happens.  You almost couldn't make it up.  

The Vikings made whatever adjustments they had to, and Kizer and the offense could not longer dink and dunk down the field.  We certainly tried, lord knows, but it wasn't working.  Here's the bottom line:  When we had to pass the ball, we weren't able to.  Much of that falls on Kizer, but the other part falls on our WR's.  I haven't seen the "all 22" angles, but from what I COULD see, the WR's weren't really getting open, and Kizer didn't have too many options.  When receivers WERE open, Kizer couldn't deliver the ball consistently, which is nothing new.  Kizer can't attack the middle of the field because of his tendency to throw high, and there's only so many sideline routes you can run.  

We don't have the goods, and what really hurts is...we're not even that close.

Why doesn't the Browns have the "talent"?  They've drafted in the top 10 for what seems like the past century and nothing comes of them.  It's it management, scouting, coaching, bad players or just bad luck?  That's most frustrating with the entire situation.  All the facts you spelled out concerning the London game is spot on but may be Hue Jackson was correct when he said that the Browns have to play perfect to win.  That's a tough row to hoe if you ask me considering the remaining teams on the schedule will be gunning for the Brown's not to destroy them but just not to lose to them.    

1 hour ago, Hunter33109 said:

Why doesn't the Browns have the "talent"?  They've drafted in the top 10 for what seems like the past century and nothing comes of them.  It's it management, scouting, coaching, bad players or just bad luck?  That's most frustrating with the entire situation.  All the facts you spelled out concerning the London game is spot on but may be Hue Jackson was correct when he said that the Browns have to play perfect to win.  That's a tough row to hoe if you ask me considering the remaining teams on the schedule will be gunning for the Brown's not to destroy them but just not to lose to them.    

It is ALL of those that I have bolded combined.

Archived