THE BROWNS BOARD

What do the sunshine pumpers have to say now??

Tacosman

After yet another week of suckitude?  

We are *getting worse*.

We were better *last year*.  Our pythag was better, our chance to win games was better based on game control and in-game winning percentages, etc.  We probably werent the worst team in the nfl(probably 28th or so) last year.  This year we ARE the worst team in the nfl.

We are GETTING WORSE.  Going into the second half of the second year of this regime.  We have been historically bad, and even despite being historically bad we are ACTUALLY GETTING WORSE.  

Is it just going to be more sunshine pumping this week?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

We are *getting worse*.

We were better *last year*.  Our pythag was better, our chance to win games was better based on game control and in-game winning percentages, etc.  We probably werent the worst team in the nfl(probably 28th or so) last year.  This year we ARE the worst team in the nfl.

We are GETTING WORSE.  Going into the second half of the second year of this regime.  We have been historically bad, and even despite being historically bad we are ACTUALLY GETTING WORSE.  

I pumped sunshine because at the end of the day I am  Browns fan.

What you saw today is what I have said all along. Offense, not dedense wins football games. As admirably as our D played, without playmakers on O, the D gets gassed. D means little wothout O.

We put our money in the wrong things. 

You guys got your great OL edge rusher and asset management BS.

QB WR TE RB....    the rest of the team relies on this. THAT is what you build a ream around.

JT out? Made absolutely no noticeable difference. Dome a dozen player and impact.

8 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I think the case can be made that the defense is a bit better....but this is still a bad team and Hue doesn't understand clock management.

so what if one aspect of the team is 'a bit better'?  The overall team is still worse....worse than a truly terrible team.

and wtf is hue challenging that its a catch

Just now, Tacosman said:

so what if one aspect of the team is 'a bit better'?  The overall team is still worse....worse than a truly terrible team.

and wtf is hue challenging that its a catch

The overall team is worse.   But Hue did win the ch allenge

6 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I pumped sunshine because at the end of the day I am  Browns fan.

What you saw today is what I have said all along. Offense, not dedense wins football games. As admirably as our D played, without playmakers on O, the D gets gassed. D means little wothout O.

We put our money in the wrong things. 

You guys got your great OL edge rusher and asset management BS.

QB WR TE RB....    the rest of the team relies on this. THAT is what you build a ream around.

JT out? Made absolutely no noticeable difference. Dome a dozen player and impact.

The one thing we can all agree on is the QB is by far the most important skill position player and unfortunately drafting them is an inexact science.

Here is your ☀.

D line and line backer play has been better than last year and give a chance for our offense to get on the field. 

Pleasant play from McCourt and Calhoun.  

We didn't use a 1st rounder on Kiser and took a chance on him.  

1 minute ago, LBC mike said:

We didn't use a 1st rounder on Kiser and took a chance on him.  

Sometime, somewhere, someone in the Browns FO will have to grow a pair and put his nutz on the line, and use a high 1st round on a QB.

This bargain bin shopping for a QB ain’t cutting it.

47 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

The one thing we can all agree on is the QB is by far the most important skill position player and unfortunately drafting them is an inexact science.

Not relevant. The return outwighs the risk. You have high picks you gamnle them on Qbs not idiot OL and edge rushers.

1 hour ago, Tacosman said:

We are *getting worse*.

Everyone take a knee! The guy who just said there were FOUR teams worse than the Browns last year is dropping knowledge. 

We played quite well today...considering we have no friggin' wr's and were without Joe Thomas.  (Drango played admirably).

- just saw Bademosi make a nice defensive play for the Patriots -

Our QB position did not kill us today (how unusual)....but the position didn't win the game either.

I watched with my best friend (a lifelong Vikings fan) and when we got down 2 td's he said, "There's still plenty of time" and I said, "But we don't have the offensive players to be a come from behind team.  We're beat."

That's The Browns.  There is No Way that we can come from behind with the game clock as an enemy.  Until we acquire a passing attack...we're gonna suck.  That's all there is to it. 

Let'skeep.the record straight......I am the only guy, here and in the media who dared to say that the 2017 team would be worse than the 2016 unit.

I called the last two drafts total busts in terms of improving the fortunes of the team.

The majority of you blasted me but now months later are posting the same crap you were pissed off at me for posting 8 months ago.

For 18 years Browns fans and management alike have purposely.avoided the flashies, most expensive and problematic playmakers. For 18 years the analyticl-fundamental-building strategy has proven itself to be the food of fools and yet the Browns cling to it.

I would like to see Hue get a big bonus and a 5 year contract extension. This managing assets stuff is really starting to pay dividends.

8 minutes ago, Orion said:

We played quite well today...considering we have no friggin' wr's and were without Joe Thomas.  (Drango played admirably).

Our QB position did not kill us today (how unusual)....but the position didn't win the game either.

I watched with my best friend (a lifelong Vikings fan) and when we got down 2 td's he said, "There's still plenty of time" and I said, "But we don't have the offensive players to be a come from behind team.  We're beat."

That's The Browns.  There is No Way that we can come from behind with the game clock as an enemy.  Until we acquire a passing attack...we're gonna suck.  That's all there is to it. 

Clock management also sucks.  No sense of urgency or trying 

9 minutes ago, Orion said:

Joe Thomas is a dime a dozen player. A TOTAL waste of a #1. You had a nobody do.just as well against a constantly nlitzing team. In fact without Joe Thomas Kizer was under less pressure today.

Thomas is an over rated lard A$$ who needs to be cut loose, today.

3 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Thomas is an over rated lard A$$ who needs to be cut loose, today.

Actually, you cut lousy players...not HOF'ers who still do the job well.  Look elsewhere on the roster to take out your trigger finger aggressions.  

Well the glass 1/2 full guy in me thinks:

1) Kizer wasn't caught partying the night before the game.

2) Kizer actually played an entire game for once and wasn't yanked like a Yo-Yo by 1-23 Hue. 

3) North Korea didn't launch a nuclear weapon at us during the game.

4) I have the rest of the day to not care less about the Browns. 

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

Well the glass 1/2 full guy in me thinks:

1) Kizer wasn't caught partying the night before the game.

2) Kizer actually played an entire game for once and wasn't yanked like a Yo-Yo by 1-23 Hue. 

3) North Korea didn't launch a nuclear weapon at us during the game.

4) I have the rest of the day to not care less about the Browns. 

Nice to watch the full slate of games without the Browns distracting me.    Something else that is noticable is how much better every team looks compared to the Browns.

42 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Nice to watch the full slate of games without the Browns distracting me.    Something else that is noticable is how much better every team looks compared to the Browns.

Yep, I just watched Trubisky throw a nice rainbow to Miller for a TD.

Archived