THE BROWNS BOARD

Ghoolies 0-8 Takeaway

Ghoolie

The Browns have no clue of how blessed they are to have people like us still supporting them.

Zombo thinks Kizer is a gamer. He may be right. If we had receivers who were good the kid woild most likely have delivered a win yesterday.

This franchise in such a mess, we don't really have anything new to talk about. There isn't even enough meat on the bone for me to rile the board up.

How do you not clean house?

Every Sunday I hear this scraping sound. Its the sound of Paul, Otto, and the other greats rolling in their graves. Hue made it clear during the Baltimore game that he has no desire to win and if they don't care, why should I? Also, how anyone can tell what the talent level is of players on this team is beyond me. Hue consistently puts our players in bad positions and has an itchy trigger finger that makes Haslam seem like a rock of stability. Starting over again at this point costs the team nothing. It can't possibly get any worse.

9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

This franchise in such a mess, we don't really have anything new to talk about. There isn't even enough meat on the bone for me to rile the board up.

How do you not clean house?

It is not in a mess, they tore it down and started again. The defense is bloody good, the offensive line is good. Yes without a QB none of it will matter but guess what, they will keep trying to get one. They have the picks again (because of how they've worked the draft) to get one and they will. Drafting a QB is tough so they keep taking one and keep making sure they have the picks to do so. Cleaning house is without question the worst thing that could happen to the Browns now, it will not happen.

Kizer is the opposite of a gamer.  To be fair, the kid tries hard and I think he's tough.  I believe his heart is in the right place and he WANTS to do well.  But I'd argue he's the opposite of a "gamer".  To me, being a gamer means you rise to the occasion.  When pressure is at its greatest, you make the play, complete the pass, or will your team to victory.  While it's just one pass, here's an excellent example (to me anyways) of Kizer NOT being a gamer:

The game before last, Kizer threw a pass to Higgins in the red zone that was 8 feet too high and easily picked off by the Titans.  It was a close game, Higgins was open, it wasn't a "difficult" throw by NFL standards, yet it was literally 8 feet off the mark.  Kizer had a clean pocket, had time to throw, had an open man...but completely screwed the donkey.  And it's not like this throw isn't in his skill set.  Nathan Zegura (or Matt Wilhelm, don't remember) of Cleveland Browns Daily stated on the radio podcast that Kizer and the offense ran this EXACT same play to PERFECTION....twice...during practice before the game.  Yet when we had the look we wanted, the match-up we wanted, and an open Higgins who could've scored with a perfect pass...Kizer did not rise to the occasion.  He did not perform when his team needed him.  

Look, I know this is one play, but I can point to many others that show how the pressure got to him and he folded when we needed him the most.  The option pitch to Crow is another example, and it was very obvious that Kizer was panicked and threw an awful toss.  Yeah, I think Crow should've recovered, but that doesn't change how terrible the pitch was.  We could also argue how Hue shouldn't have called that play, but again, it was reported that they run this play during practice and they've never botched the pitch.  So what changes?  What changes is pressure.  It molds some into greatness, and it tears others to pieces.  Speaking of the option, I saw Alex Smith run it to perfection last night.  It's a pitch...it's not that hard...yet our boy crumbled.  

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

Kizer is the opposite of a gamer.  To be fair, the kid tries hard and I think he's tough.  I believe his heart is in the right place and he WANTS to do well.  But I'd argue he's the opposite of a "gamer".  To me, being a gamer means you rise to the occasion.  When pressure is at its greatest, you make the play, complete the pass, or will your team to victory.  While it's just one pass, here's an excellent example (to me anyways) of Kizer NOT being a gamer:

The game before last, Kizer threw a pass to Higgins in the red zone that was 8 feet too high and easily picked off by the Titans.  It was a close game, Higgins was open, it wasn't a "difficult" throw by NFL standards, yet it was literally 8 feet off the mark.  Kizer had a clean pocket, had time to throw, had an open man...but completely screwed the donkey.  And it's not like this throw isn't in his skill set.  Nathan Zegura (or Matt Wilhelm, don't remember) of Cleveland Browns Daily stated on the radio podcast that Kizer and the offense ran this EXACT same play to PERFECTION....twice...during practice before the game.  Yet when we had the look we wanted, the match-up we wanted, and an open Higgins who could've scored with a perfect pass...Kizer did not rise to the occasion.  He did not perform when his team needed him.  

Look, I know this is one play, but I can point to many others that show how the pressure got to him and he folded when we needed him the most.  The option pitch to Crow is another example, and it was very obvious that Kizer was panicked and threw an awful toss.  Yeah, I think Crow should've recovered, but that doesn't change how terrible the pitch was.  We could also argue how Hue shouldn't have called that play, but again, it was reported that they run this play during practice and they've never botched the pitch.  So what changes?  What changes is pressure.  It molds some into greatness, and it tears others to pieces.  Speaking of the option, I saw Alex Smith run it to perfection last night.  It's a pitch...it's not that hard...yet our boy crumbled.  

Should we be surprised at that int you just mentioned? He did stuff like that all the time at Notre Dame. Couldn't throw a simple fade to Njoku in the end zone, and IIRC- he's done it twice. Overthrew (I think) Higgins by 10 yards on a go route that was a certain TD. The second int that got him benched in the Titans game was par for the course with Deshone, big turnover at the worst time. Leads the league in Red Zone turnovers. Hue may not have seen enough of Kizer to know what the kid's got, but I have. Best QB available 2018.

38 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Should we be surprised at that int you just mentioned? He did stuff like that all the time at Notre Dame. Couldn't throw a simple fade to Njoku in the end zone, and IIRC- he's done it twice. Overthrew (I think) Higgins by 10 yards on a go route that was a certain TD. The second int that got him benched in the Titans game was par for the course with Deshone, big turnover at the worst time. Leads the league in Red Zone turnovers. Hue may not have seen enough of Kizer to know what the kid's got, but I have. Best QB available 2018.

I agree best QB in 2018, but I still think that Kizer should play the rest of the season.  We've all seen what Hogan and Kessler can do.  The only one of the 3 who has any hope of being an NFL starter is Kizer.  The other two just simply aren't good enough.  

47 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I agree best QB in 2018, but I still think that Kizer should play the rest of the season.  We've all seen what Hogan and Kessler can do.  The only one of the 3 who has any hope of being an NFL starter is Kizer.  The other two just simply aren't good enough.  

I (sort of) agree about playing Kizer the rest of the way out- but IMHO, he's about to become another name on the famous jersey. At this point- it really doesn't matter much who we play at qb. Regardless of how Deshone plays- We're drafting a qb with that #1 overall pick. The 49ers cleared the decks (even should we luck out and win a game)for us by making the trade for Garropolo. I'm sure MKC is crushed by the news.  :)  

LOL, probably the only way we win one this year is to keep it close say- against the Packers, and our D gets a couple scores to win the game. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I (sort of) agree about playing Kizer the rest of the way out- but IMHO, he's about to become another name on the famous jersey. At this point- it really doesn't matter much who we play at qb. Regardless of how Deshone plays- We're drafting a qb with that #1 overall pick. The 49ers cleared the decks (even should we luck out and win a game)for us by making the trade for Garropolo. I'm sure MKC is crushed by the news.  :)  

LOL, probably the only way we win one this year is to keep it close say- against the Packers, and our D gets a couple scores to win the game. 

Jimmy G is a winner. I'd like to see the FO's strategy on getting a quarterback. Oh and I had UCLA fans tell me today we should NOT chose Josh Rosen, He is NOT to be trusted.

Please Cousins/Barkley

7 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

Jimmy G is a winner. I'd like to see the FO's strategy on getting a quarterback. Oh and I had UCLA fans tell me today we should NOT chose Josh Rosen, He is NOT to be trusted.

Please Cousins/Barkley

He has started two games in his career, has Garropolo.  When the 49ers go 1-7 the rest of this year with him at the helm, your label of him as a winner may have to be reevaluated.

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

And Watson is the exact opposite. His career stats and resume prove it.

2 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Please Cousins/Barkley

How do you know he's a winner?  Because he won in college at a small school?  That doesn't exactly translate into guaranteed NFL success.    He's only played a couple of NFL games and got hurt in the 3rd as I recall.  Not exactly a complete resume.   On Rosen....i don't disagree.  He has sounded to me like a taller version of Johnny Manziel.

54 minutes ago, Mark O said:

How do you know he's a winner?  Because he won in college at a small school?  That doesn't exactly translate into guaranteed NFL success.    He's only played a couple of NFL games and got hurt in the 3rd as I recall.  Not exactly a complete resume.   On Rosen....i don't disagree.  He has sounded to me like a taller version of Johnny Manziel.

Just a feeling. Maybe i'm wrong but i love his work ethic, quick release, and the fact he's studied under brady. I think he has the potential to be Rodgers caliber and Shanahan will definitely play out his strengths.

6 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Please Cousins/Barkley

Cousins? Maybe good, not elite talent. Barkley? With a top 3 pick? Um, nope. Let's look at "generational" or top running backs of late. How many can you name of late that have won a SB? Peterson? Nope. Elliot may win one- eventually- in a perfect situation. Chris Johnson? Arian Foster? Lesean McCoy? Demarco Murray? Even HOFer Ladanian Tomlinson never won one. I rest my case- it's QB or bust. 

Just now, hoorta said:

Cousins? Maybe good, not elite talent. Barkley? With a top 3 pick? Um, nope. Let's look at "generational" or top running backs. How many can you name of late that have won a SB? Peterson? Nope. Elliot may win one- eventually- in a perfect situation. Chris Johnson? Arian Foster? Lesean McCoy? Demarco Murray? I rest my case- it's QB or bust. 

Name a QB that's franchise material next year.

If we pick a bust, we're the biggest Shmuckup of a franchise in sports the past 20 years.

Just now, stillmotion said:

Name a QB that's franchise material next year.

If we pick a bust, we're the biggest Shmuckup of a franchise in sports the past 20 years.

Oh, only about 3 that are getting their names tossed around now. We already passed on Wentz and Watson, so we're already the biggest screwup in the history of the NFL since 2000. One more won't drag the reputation down one iota....  

Just now, hoorta said:

Oh, only about 3 that are getting their names tossed around now. We already passed on Wentz and Watson, so we're already the biggest screwup in the history of the NFL since 2000. One more won't drag the reputation down one iota....  

Please no to Josh Rosen or D'Arnold. I'm cool with anyone else.

Just now, stillmotion said:

Please no to Josh Rosen or D'Arnold. I'm cool with anyone else.

It's early guy... Plenty of time to discuss relative merits...   We could have a fast riser ala Wentz come out of nowhere.... All I can say is I've cooled off on Allen, watched a couple of his games...  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

It's early guy... Plenty of time to discuss relative merits...   We could have a fast riser ala Wentz come out of nowhere.... All I can say is I've cooled off on Allen, watched a couple of his games...  

Ditto on Allen.

17 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Just a feeling. Maybe i'm wrong but i love his work ethic, quick release, and the fact he's studied under brady. I think he has the potential to be Rodgers caliber and Shanahan will definitely play out his strengths.

Matt Cassell studied under Brady as well.  How did that work out for KC after they gave him his huge contract?

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:15 PM, LondonBrown said:

It is not in a mess, they tore it down and started again. The defense is bloody good, the offensive line is good. Yes without a QB none of it will matter but guess what, they will keep trying to get one. They have the picks again (because of how they've worked the draft) to get one and they will. Drafting a QB is tough so they keep taking one and keep making sure they have the picks to do so. Cleaning house is without question the worst thing that could happen to the Browns now, it will not happen.

our dvoa is 18th...I wouldn't call that "bloody good".....

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef

and honestly I bet we finish 20something in this as well.

Archived