THE BROWNS BOARD

Jimmy Grabsapillow Traded to....

Mark O

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoyer's career here ended when he laid an egg vs Indianapolis. While he definitely had some great moments earlier in the season, he was so horrible that day the goofballs turned to stupid Johnny. 

Hoyer was a great story for awhile. Wish it would have lasted.

2 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

pats probably don't want any part of his contract

Ok thats true but that also doesn't mean they are guaranteed to sign Hoyer, its a gamble, even though its probable he signs with them. It isn't assured. Pats would only be on the hook for about 3 million the rest of the year which is roughly 2.5 million with the offset of Jimmy G. contract, in other words its peanuts.

7 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

This is pretty funny. Jesus Christ.

Also, no big time free agent QB is going to come here with the current coach and front office running things. Cousins would make a ton of money to get his brains pounded in and journey further away from a ring.

Keep the current defense and add a CB. On the offensive side add via draft Saquan  and a WR, sign Davante Adams as a free agent to add to Coleman and the draft pick. You could sell Cousins on that

The Cousins to the Browns talk is going to be very, very prevalent on here now. It was already starting.

I still have my doubts, but the 49ers were the obvious destination for a lot of people regarding Cousins. With them out of the running, it gets interesting. A ton of us on here have been very underwhelmed by Darnold, Rosen, Allen, et al this season, so is it out of the question the Browns front office might end up feeling the same? Or Haslam gets impatient and goes Steinbrenner and makes it rain on Cousins?

Some might (including me) think Cousins would want nothing to do with this trainwreck, but what if this front office is blown up and a "name" is hired to run the Browns? Perhaps Cousins might consider wearing the orange and brown. Regardless, the offseason for the Browns just got a little more interesting for we Browns fans.

8 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

During that magic trick will you also give me a 12 inch rod and a billion dollars?

I honestly don't see that scenario as a big stretch. We have plenty of draft picks and cap. On a side note if I can figure out the 12 inch trick you can be second in line for a new foot long lol. 

9 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

During that magic trick will you also give me a 12 inch rod and a billion dollars?

The money would be great, of course, but I'm not shortening for no matter how much money. :lol:

23 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

This is pretty funny. Jesus Christ.

Also, no big time free agent QB is going to come here with the current coach and front office running things. Cousins would make a ton of money to get his brains pounded in and journey further away from a ring.

If Jimmy opens up his wallet and makes Cousins one of the highest paid players in league history, it''ll be surprising how fast Kirk will suddenly love all things Browns........ 

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

We don't even know if he's any good.

We do know that the people picking our players will get another worthless player with a second round pick 

24 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Keep the current defense and add a CB. On the offensive side add via draft Saquan  and a WR, sign Davante Adams as a free agent to add to Coleman and the draft pick. You could sell Cousins on that

A wr draft pick that works out for this regime will be a miracle 

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

We don't even know if he's any good.

We will by the end of the season Mark.  

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Shmuck it....send them all 3.   Who cares at 0-8 who plays QB.

I nominate YOU. My ten yard wounded ducks won't cut it in the NFL.  

We needed Garoppolo before the season and we couldn't make it happen. We couldn't make it happen now for whatever reason. We probably should've done something at the beginning of the year, some sort of veteran qb...but it's too late. Whether Garoppolo, Kaepernick, Keenum, or whoever... It's obvious we should have had a veteran qb on our roster. 

the 49ners just offered a 7th round pick to the Browns for Kizer if they sign or trade for Cousins...

they still need a developmental third round qb.........

Pats didn't trade for Hoyer because it would cost them compensatory picks. 

And yes...I'd take Hoyer in a second. 

7 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

We needed Garoppolo before the season and we couldn't make it happen. We couldn't make it happen now for whatever reason. We probably should've done something at the beginning of the year, some sort of veteran qb...but it's too late. Whether Garoppolo, Kaepernick, Keenum, or whoever... It's obvious we should have had a veteran qb on our roster. 

Meh... Kap couldn't count to 30 if you gave him 3 tries... dude is a moron. Not gonna help a QB room learn anything.

Garoppolo has played in what? 3 games?

Keenum? Nah. Might as well have kept Austin Davis if you go that route.

The best option was Josh McCown, but they passed.

ill agree though, cut Hogan for a Vet. I'd take Hoyer over Hogan.

4 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Pats didn't trade for Hoyer because it would cost them compensatory picks. 

And yes...I'd take Hoyer in a second. 

Me too, that is if  Hue thinks there's a chance of actually winning a game this season.....   

Archived